5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display theme changing

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are a braver soul than I am. I would not have my dash taken apart unless something was really broken.

I even opened a case with uConnect engineering and they didn’t tell the dealer to pull the radio since they’re also convinced it’s software related.

Whether it gets fixed in the mythical update in the works is anyone’s guess though.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A meme we in the buy/sell section has a radio and module for sale. This module apparently doesn’t have the theme resetting problem. As it’s a new part number.

19RamBC

Reaction score
HEY FCA / RAM CARES THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE I BOUGHT THE TRUCK IN JAN 2019.... AND STILL NOT FIXED. HOW COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the same problem since I bought my truck. Been back and forth with the dealership and FCA. Every time I ask they tell me that an update will be out by "the end of the quarter".

Finally got fed up this spring and opened a case with uConnect. After some back and forth I have been assured that there is an 8.4" uConnect 4 update in the works. When it will be out is TBD.
How do you open case with uconnect, because the can be useless if you need to go through them.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you open case with uconnect, because the can be useless if you need to go through them.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I messaged RAMCares on here and they opened the case for me. After talking with uConnect and having uConnect talk with the dealership it went nowhere other than getting told that there is going to be an update for the 8.4" sometime in the future.

nco415

Reaction score
Just an FYI, not sure what to make of it. Almost two weeks ago I added Passive entry to the truck and after making all the changes in alfaobd to get passive entry working I also changed the themes (again) to what I wanted and up until I took it in to get the radio replaced it retained the setting, at least a week if not a week and a half? Coincident? In the past it would only last 1-3 days.

Finally got my new radio installed Software Version is now at 19.11.4d, also newer Nav maps. I will put the passive entry settings back to factory for a couple of weeks and see if it resets. Keep you posted.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AlphaOBD and TazerDT can freeze the themes but people usually mention intentionally setting the themes. This is the first I've read of it working just by using one. Wonder if this is a 'side effect' of connecting it.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I had my radio change too today. Remote was working 7/8 of the time. They figured it was the radio that cause that, not the rmf module or something like that. I am now on version 19.11.4d and theme on evic is now fixed!!! Anyone know if newer version of software got all the other update I had to do with my HK sound issue? I don’t know if its a placebo, but my sound quality changed. Put the EQ back to where it was and something is different... Can’t say if its better or worse for now as I think my mind is focussing too much on it and blurry my head :p

Turin

Reaction score
I am now on version 19.11.4d and theme on evic is now fixed!!!
Gah! It's good to know that this version exists, but why the hell isn't it rolling out? The Uconnect software update site still claims my truck is up to date.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that's just for Canada. I'm on 18.23.29 just like it's been since I bought the truck.

uConnect has assured me that they are working on an 8.4" update but cannot tell me what it will fix or when it will be released (to dealerships or OTA). :rolleyes:

uConnect also says that my vehicle is up-to-date. :cautious:

I had my truck at the dealership a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a new update for my radio either.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I think that's just for Canada. I'm on 18.23.29 just like it's been since I bought the truck.

uConnect has assured me that they are working on an 8.4" update but cannot tell me what it will fix or when it will be released (to dealerships or OTA). :rolleyes:

uConnect also says that my vehicle is up-to-date. :cautious:

I had my truck at the dealership a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a new update for my radio either.
Usually US guys have always all the things before us. Let us have that update ahead !

For real, I don’t think it’s a US / CAN things. Before thay changed my radio, uconnect said I was up to date and sonas the dealer. was on the same version as you.

Must be something with 2020/2021 radio part number

Turin

Reaction score
I finally got the long-promised update; my radio (2019 model with the 8.4 NAV system) went from version 18.23.29 to version 20.37.11. The "What's new?" page said "important updates, but not maps." (The actual text was slightly longer than that, but that's the extent of the meaningful information.) I lost all my presets, as expected. I haven't used the system enough yet to say whether or not there are any differences, but I can say that the theme reversion problem has not been fixed. Mine reverted to the default again this morning. :(

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got the long-promised update; my radio (2019 model with the 8.4 NAV system) went from version 18.23.29 to version 20.37.11. The "What's new?" page said "important updates, but not maps." (The actual text was slightly longer than that, but that's the extent of the meaningful information.) I lost all my presets, as expected. I haven't used the system enough yet to say whether or not there are any differences, but I can say that the theme reversion problem has not been fixed. Mine reverted to the default again this morning. :(
Unfortunately I don't think this will be something that gets resolved any time soon... if ever. It's very annoying!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently got the same update with the same results. :cautious:

Users who are viewing this thread