5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discernible difference in tires?

BuzT

Reaction score
Am looking to buy a low mileage Limited, focusing on comfort. Do you think 20” tires will be noticeably firmer than 18”? I wondered if it would make sense to swap for smaller, less expensive wheels.
Thanks.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you did another of off road, the 18 gives more sidewall to protect your rim. But on the highway? Like @Darksteel165 said, you won't notice with air ride.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I can say having 3 prior RAMs (06 Big Horn, 08 Laramie, 15 limited) all of which had 20’s, going to my 23 Limited with 22s, I don’t feel a difference other than maybe a little sharper cornering on pavement.
I don’t off road my truck.
I’m assuming it’s the air ride doing its job.
IF you’re not off-roading, don’t worry about it. A Limited is all about comfort and 4 corner air is standard.

Just a little fair warning… IF you plan on towing, etc., read up on the Limited’s capacity to do so, it’s a heavy truck.
But I use mine for a luxury vehicle, don’t tow often or much.. I just have a big trunk LOL.
The Limited line, IMO, have the best ride quality of any of the new full size trucks. I haven’t ridden in foreign, but I have ridden in top of the line Denalis and Platinums..

Also say in models past the 4 corner air had problems in very cold temps, my 15 did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online