5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointed in first mods! Carven exhaust and RC 6" lights.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking about swapping my carven muffler as well, the eco thing doesn’t bother me as much although it is louder than the magnaflow setup I previously had on my 15. I don’t think you can go with any aftermarket muffler and not hear the MDS kick on and off. Hell you can feel it in the truck and pedals (even with stock). I used to get the same thing with the magnaflow, about half as loud though. The main thing I’m unhappy with is the droning. It’s fine under 60 (3.92) but at 70 or 80 it’s LOUD. Loud like riding in a vette or something with long tubes. I can’t imagine how bad it would be with LT on the truck (which I had considered doing at some point).

I guess if that’s what you want, but most people aren’t going to want that on their daily driver or road trip vehicle. Wife sure doesn’t want to listen to that level of volume for 6 hours on the highway. Although she’s been tolerating it.

The no drone advertisement is insanity. And when I was shopping I never saw anyone complaining about the noise, then everyone came out with dozens of posts about it.

FWIW, my magnaflow 14 would drone pretty bad on the highway too at certain speeds. And the difference is that the carven is basically just volume, it’s loud. But the magnaflow, half the volume but that bass like drone effect comes out. The unfortunate thing is if you want it to be loud, it will have some kind of trade off.

I may try corsa, although I question whether or not it will be much better.

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
Have you already changed to the corsa exhaust. I ordered my corsa last week. I think I'll get it in a week or two.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking about swapping my carven muffler as well, the eco thing doesn’t bother me as much although it is louder than the magnaflow setup I previously had on my 15. I don’t think you can go with any aftermarket muffler and not hear the MDS kick on and off. Hell you can feel it in the truck and pedals (even with stock). I used to get the same thing with the magnaflow, about half as loud though. The main thing I’m unhappy with is the droning. It’s fine under 60 (3.92) but at 70 or 80 it’s LOUD. Loud like riding in a vette or something with long tubes. I can’t imagine how bad it would be with LT on the truck (which I had considered doing at some point).

I guess if that’s what you want, but most people aren’t going to want that on their daily driver or road trip vehicle. Wife sure doesn’t want to listen to that level of volume for 6 hours on the highway. Although she’s been tolerating it.

The no drone advertisement is insanity. And when I was shopping I never saw anyone complaining about the noise, then everyone came out with dozens of posts about it.

FWIW, my magnaflow 14 would drone pretty bad on the highway too at certain speeds. And the difference is that the carven is basically just volume, it’s loud. But the magnaflow, half the volume but that bass like drone effect comes out. The unfortunate thing is if you want it to be loud, it will have some kind of trade off.

I may try corsa, although I question whether or not it will be much better.
I just ride with the gear limiter on so MDS doesn't kick on....The same things gonna happen with the Corsa

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ride with the gear limiter on so MDS doesn't kick on....The same things gonna happen with the Corsa

Might want to read my post again. That has nothing to do with anything I said about switching to corsa.

Have you already changed to the corsa exhaust. I ordered my corsa last week. I think I'll get it in a week or two.

I did not do anything yet, I’ve got a lot going on for the next few months so it will be awhile.

TruckFoo

Reaction score
I wanted to jump in on the thread. Just finished the install of the RC slim line LED grille lights and am very pleased with fit and finish. I made a few modifications to the setup so that it matched more of what I wanted for the overall look. When I removed the grille I blacked out the center portion (chrome) and changed the bracket screws from chrome to black as well. Soon I'll paint to match the other chrome pieces along with the front and back bumper. So far it looks pretty integrated with the grille. You be the judge. 27218 20190603_173624.jpg 20190603_173624.jpg 20190603_173615.jpg 20190603_173543.jpg 20190603_173624.jpg 20190603_173615.jpg 20190603_173543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread