5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointed in first mods! Carven exhaust and RC 6" lights.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 2 dodge cars both with Belanger Headers, no cats, one 2 little mufflers and they are extremely loud. Even though the neighbors have not said anything, its been my experience they all complain about it to the rest of neighbors in back stabbing way and would not dare say anything to your face or wife. You will eventually find out thru the grapevine back door, their bitching about it and dont approve.

I say the hell with them and too bad, deal with it. I just didnt want the rock rumble and roll in my daily driver all the time.

Has anyone put a hellcat crate motor in a 2019 Ram yet?
Even if the neighbors did say something, I really dont care, not to be an insensitive butt but oh well. They have parties all the time and I have had a few people block or park in my driveway. That didn't end well for them.

Hellcat motor in one of these things will be epic.

Hahny

Reaction score
I switched out the muffler on my carven exhaust for a Flowmaster flowfx and am very happy with the interior sounds now!

Jrex

Reaction score
Even if the neighbors did say something, I really dont care, not to be an insensitive butt but oh well. They have parties all the time and I have had a few people block or park in my driveway. That didn't end well for them.

Hellcat motor in one of these things will be epic.

There is a guy/company here in town that does this type of stuff. They just developed a twin turbo for the gen 5 (last year vipers).
They do big block transplants all the time.

I have looked into it. The Hellcat crate motor listed at $22,000.00 originally.
Now its:
MOPAR 6.2L Hellcat Hellcrate Crate Engine - 68303089AA
List Price: $19,530.95
New Price: $14,994.95
Mopar dropped price by $4,535.05!

I am waiting on the pricing and actual release of the: Hemi 426 SuperCharged 7.0L Crate Motor.
MOPAR 7.0L HELLEPHANT CRATE MOTOR:
1000 horsepower @ 950 ft-lbs of torque.
Crate engine comes completely assembled from supercharger to oil pan. FEAD equipment sold separately.

I dont know how much more the Hellaphant will be over the HellCrate motor. But I am 100% sure, with the Hellaphant, you will need to uprade the entire drive train otherwise stock parts will keep breaking.

geotex1

Reaction score
There is a guy/company here in town that does this type of stuff. They just developed a twin turbo for the gen 5 (last year vipers).
They do big block transplants all the time.

I have looked into it. The Hellcat crate motor listed at $22,000.00 originally.
Now its:
MOPAR 6.2L Hellcat Hellcrate Crate Engine - 68303089AA
List Price: $19,530.95
New Price: $14,994.95
Mopar dropped price by $4,535.05!

I am waiting on the pricing and actual release of the: Hemi 426 SuperCharged 7.0L Crate Motor.
MOPAR 7.0L HELLEPHANT CRATE MOTOR:
1000 horsepower @ 950 ft-lbs of torque.
Crate engine comes completely assembled from supercharger to oil pan. FEAD equipment sold separately.

I dont know how much more the Hellaphant will be over the HellCrate motor. But I am 100% sure, with the Hellaphant, you will need to uprade the entire drive train otherwise stock parts will keep breaking.

There are already two 2019 trucks with the conversion. One fella is a member here, and was having electrical gremlins. The other should be debuting in a truck rag Aprilish, and runs like cat and needs 4wd to stick. Personally, I'd build a classic hot rod with that kind if investment between truck and motor, but stoopid fast is always admired!

Creamsicle

Reaction score
I did not want the full time ear cracking load exhaust. So I went this.

https://www.lmperformance.com/10415...reamer-aggressor-qtec-electronic-cutouts.html

Comes with FOB. Just click the button, open the valve and its like you have straight pipe loud exhaust to screw around and have fun with. Click the button again, its back to quiet stock exhaust.

Its a slick setup.

Any cutting or welding required? The website is not totally clear on this - indicates only that “most systems” will not require cutting/welding.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A10

Reaction score
Americantrucks.com still sells both the competitor and the progressive exhaust from Carven btw in case anyone was wondering. Not sure if this is a mistake or just them getting rid of inventory.

I ordered their competitor catback exhaust from Americantrucks.com last week. I’m curious if that is what it really is.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Americantrucks.com still sells both the competitor and the progressive exhaust from Carven btw in case anyone was wondering. Not sure if this is a mistake or just them getting rid of inventory.

I ordered their competitor catback exhaust from Americantrucks.com last week. I’m curious if that is what it really is.
If you ordered the Competitor that is what you will get. It is the Progressive that they had issues with.

A10

Reaction score
Carven is only selling one type of system on their site. It isn’t the competitor. It is some sort of hybrid of the two. -Info is straight from Carven.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Go with the Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, I got the one with the black tips as well to match my truck and the sound is awesome. Much deeper rumble than stock, not loud while cruising, and with the windows up and the radio to about 14 I don't even hear it. It's loud when you get on it but not when your just cruising, I couldn't be happier. And I'm a 42 year old guy with a wife and 3 kids too and they all actually love it and say it sounds better than stock!

Mine is coming in the mail, cannot wait!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heck my wife tells me what vote I’ll be making when it comes to modding my vehicles lol. Although as stated she did go out and buy me a catback Magnaflow paired with 5” black tips. I’m just lazy and haven’t taken it to the shop for the install. View attachment 16125

PorBoy I think you have spent more money on aftermarket parts that are no longer on your truck than most have spent for parts on their truck. LoL I did the same thing on my last truck, trying not to go down that road on this one.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol you are so right and the funny part is I’m about to take off my Rebel wheels and swap out my tailgate emblem again. So more money more money more money lol.

Steve Brucher

Reaction score
So just a follow up from my original post. I am a 48 year old gear head, have owned a Motorcycle dealership for 25 years and have had exhaust systems on almost everything I have ever owned so when I made the review on this stuff it wasn't from some guy who got his first truck.. I had the Carven off the next day and paid specific attention to the different noises the stock exhaust system makes. The MDS is almost imperceptible in stock form. The auto-stop is more noticeable but completely unobtrusive. With the Carven system (I haven't tried another brand) on my truck with with the E-torque engine, ANC and 3.92 rear end it would require you to turn off the auto stop and disable the MDS to live with it on a daily basis and would still be extremely loud. . As for the lights I have been able to use them quite a bit and I stand by my original thoughts- save your money. I have the LED light option and you can't really see them at all. It may be different with the standard lights.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So just a follow up from my original post. I am a 48 year old gear head, have owned a Motorcycle dealership for 25 years and have had exhaust systems on almost everything I have ever owned so when I made the review on this stuff it wasn't from some guy who got his first truck.. I had the Carven off the next day and paid specific attention to the different noises the stock exhaust system makes. The MDS is almost imperceptible in stock form. The auto-stop is more noticeable but completely unobtrusive. With the Carven system (I haven't tried another brand) on my truck with with the E-torque engine, ANC and 3.92 rear end it would require you to turn off the auto stop and disable the MDS to live with it on a daily basis and would still be extremely loud. . As for the lights I have been able to use them quite a bit and I stand by my original thoughts- save your money. I have the LED light option and you can't really see them at all. It may be different with the standard lights.
Thats what I think most everyone has to do and also add in the CAI too which probably enhances the issue? The Carven is really much louder than the Flowmaster American Thunder? It also comes down to personal preference. I have the music loud so I dont really mind....Thanks for the heads up on the lights. I was going to purchase them.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Thank you OP for your thoughts and reviews. I have the led lights as well as the RC 6” on my Ram and I really enjoy what they bring. If your expectation if for a ton of lighting then again no. It fills in the areas that I’m lacking on certain roads. Will this be for everyone absolutely not, but for the price point I’m very happy.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Thanks OP for your feedback. I am looking to add some lighting and can't fit a 20" light bar behind the lower grille (sport) without hacking it up and saw those Rough Country 6" ones and thought they would help some. Bummed to hear they didn't work out .

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wh
I have the Rough Country 6” Led lights and found that yes the instructions were a little tedious which I emailed them about. My expectations were lower the yours as far as light output expectations. As far as the feel and fitment of the brackets, yes they are not spot on. With all of that being said, I still am happy with my purchase and as soon as I swap that cheesy switch theysend with it, I’ll be good.

As far as Carven, I could only go off the videos and those made it seem too good to be true, so I opted to pass and have since landed on Magnaflow aftermy (2) other Borla installs. Good luck OP getting what you are looking for, and thank you for your posting.
at exhaust are you on now PorBoy?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I went with a Borla muffler paired with a set of Carven 5” black tips. F456E83E-4634-422D-9A48-DAE5A81D3F72.jpeg

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Any cutting or welding required? The website is not totally clear on this - indicates only that “most systems” will not require cutting/welding.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any update on this? Cutouts may be the way to go on this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffK2019

Reaction score
I was torn between the Magnaflow and the Borla S Type. From watching video clips I felt the Carven would be too loud for me. I had a chance to hear the Magnaflow at a dealer and it sounds great, very deep, but I felt probably not loud enough for me. The Borla S Type so far is amazing, love it, my wife loves it, my teenagers love it, very happy with it. I can tell you at highway speeds (75 MPH) and ECO kicking in I don't notice any type of drone. Is it louder than stock, for sure, but not annoying at all and if you have the radio on at all I don't notice it, even talk radio like NFL Network! When you get on it though that S Type sounds amazing, probably costing me 3 MPG around town, but now I don't care.....I look forward to highway on-ramps now!!

Users who are viewing this thread