5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable MDS

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Just brought home a new 22 Rebel G/T and I’m trying to figure out how to lock out the MDS eco mode. My 21 Rebel you simply hit the (-)(+) to 8 and it kept it out of MDS. However, with the new console and paddle shifters it’s not allowing me to do that. Anyone know how to do it without a aftermarket programmer?

Attachments

• 8DC22C83-D521-47AB-BF5A-5874E43B3173.jpeg
    8DC22C83-D521-47AB-BF5A-5874E43B3173.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 39

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unfortunately its not quite as simple on the GT. I manage it by either manually shifting, or leaving it in auto and then sliding it over to manual when I reach 8th gear if I am on the highway.

I put my Pulsar on the GT for a short while, in part to lock out MDS, but it created a shifting quirk that I didn't like so I removed it.

Congrats on the GT btw, I find that I like mine a whole lot more than the Ram I had previously.

Bavet

Reaction score
Yes, this is a frustrating non-feature on GTs. Tow/Haul mode will also turn it off if you can get used to the different shift points.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Unfortunately its not quite as simple on the GT. I manage it by either manually shifting, or leaving it in auto and then sliding it over to manual when I reach 8th gear if I am on the highway.

I put my Pulsar on the GT for a short while, in part to lock out MDS, but it created a shifting quirk that I didn't like so I removed it.

Congrats on the GT btw, I find that I like mine a whole lot more than the Ram I had previously.
Yeah I’ll probably just deal with it since it won’t downshift when needed like the non-GT trucks

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Yes, this is a frustrating non-feature on GTs. Tow/Haul mode will also turn it off if you can get used to the different shift points.
Hopefully I’ll just get used to the eco mode

Users who are viewing this thread