5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable door chime

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has figured out, or if it’s even possible to disable the door chime when the driver door is open? I was cleaning out the interior and listening to the stereo and the damn chime wouldn’t stop. Even in run mode.

All other trucks I’ve had the chime will continue in acc mode but stop in run mode. I tried and this seems not to be the case.

Anyone find a solution? Please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanderlust

Reaction score
This probably won't help on your truck, but on my old, rusty '98 Dodge Ram, all I have to do is push on the door switch once & the chime will stop. (Ignition switch on "acc") It's worth a try.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is for seatbelt chime. Not sure if that is what you mean or if it would achieve the same type of disengagement. Give it a try. My truck comes in this week, so we can practice on yours! Lol

How do you disable seat belt chime?
Buckle up, ignition to run (don't start), let cluster boot up, unbuckle/buckle 3 times. Turn ignition off...chime will sound, mission complete.

SemperGumby

Reaction score
I can confirm that disabling the seatbelt chime does NOT disable the door chime, and that it is indeed annoying as hell when cleaning the truck out and trying to enjoy music.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm that disabling the seatbelt chime does NOT disable the door chime, and that it is indeed annoying as hell when cleaning the truck out and trying to enjoy music.
I hear ya. ( Haha). Wish it went off after 30 seconds, right. Maybe a Taser and change the settings?

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It is very annoying and will try anything to make it stop.

It is in fact not the seat belt chime. Already disabled that one. I will try the door switch press.

Thanks again

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Looked for a door switch in the door sill last night and couldn’t see one. Again was showing off my truck to my dad with the door open and the radio playing and that damn chime just singing away. So frustrating

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is for seatbelt chime. Not sure if that is what you mean or if it would achieve the same type of disengagement. Give it a try. My truck comes in this week, so we can practice on yours! Lol

Buckle up, ignition to run (don't start), let cluster boot up, unbuckle/buckle 3 times. Turn ignition off...chime will sound, mission complete.
It works!

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Yes I’ve done the seatbelt chime. That’s great and works. Still talking about the door chime

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does it revert back to chiming or do you have to do the same steps again to get it back?

tdager

Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread. Washed my new truck yesterday, was listening the radio and the drivers side door open and I had to basically stop listening and shut the door. This is crazy, that is something that absolutely should either be selectable to turn off or should turn off after some time.

Mr4x403

Reaction score
I agree and have the same problem. Don’t see a fix though so far. I got a recall for something in the computer they have to fix so maybe I’ll ask if they can disable it at the dealer. Not expecting them to be able to but worth a shot

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Again. It is not the seat belt chime. It is the accessory / ignition chime while the door is open. I have already done the seat belt chime.

Thank you for the input though

Kenht87

Reaction score
I figured it out! I too, was looking to see if someone knew how to turn off the door chime while the door(s) is open while the truck is in ACC mode. I made an account to this form just to respond becomes i am excited to figure it out and help others. Either way, for reference i have a 2017 Ram 1500, on the door itself there is hole where the lock engages to the frame/hook once the door is closed. You can push the engaging mechanism in and then down, you will hear a click. Push it one more time to hear an additional click and the door chime will turn off. I took two pictures to help. The first shows the hole i am mentioning and the second shows what it will look like once fully engaged (after the second click). To disengage (turn the alarm back on) simply pull the door handle.

Attachments

• 15624553982235222257857363330407.jpg
    15624553982235222257857363330407.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 15624554505715807953297360171490.jpg
    15624554505715807953297360171490.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 260

Mr4x403

Reaction score
Great idea. Trick the door! Thank you for the response, I am going to try it next time

Lineman6

Reaction score
I just flip the door latch all the way in to simulate the door is closed. (It clicks twice).it shut the chime off... Just remember to pull the door handle to shut the door.

Users who are viewing this thread