5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable door chime

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured it out! I too, was looking to see if someone knew how to turn off the door chime while the door(s) is open while the truck is in ACC mode. I made an account to this form just to respond becomes i am excited to figure it out and help others. Either way, for reference i have a 2017 Ram 1500, on the door itself there is hole where the lock engages to the frame/hook once the door is closed. You can push the engaging mechanism in and then down, you will hear a click. Push it one more time to hear an additional click and the door chime will turn off. I took two pictures to help. The first shows the hole i am mentioning and the second shows what it will look like once fully engaged (after the second click). To disengage (turn the alarm back on) simply pull the door handle.
But dont shut your door without pulling the handle.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
I had a 2004 Dakota that was the same way. Once I learned the door-open sensor was part of the latch assembly, I kept a round-shank #2 Phillips screwdriver in the truck just for the purpose of setting the driver's door latch to shut off the door-open dinger. I carry one in the Ram as well. That dinger overpowers the stock radio.
As Silver64 noted (and I have done occasionally), don't try to close the door with the latch set.

Steve

Tedsmpsn

Reaction score
I figured it out! I too, was looking to see if someone knew how to turn off the door chime while the door(s) is open while the truck is in ACC mode. I made an account to this form just to respond becomes i am excited to figure it out and help others. Either way, for reference i have a 2017 Ram 1500, on the door itself there is hole where the lock engages to the frame/hook once the door is closed. You can push the engaging mechanism in and then down, you will hear a click. Push it one more time to hear an additional click and the door chime will turn off. I took two pictures to help. The first shows the hole i am mentioning and the second shows what it will look like once fully engaged (after the second click). To disengage (turn the alarm back on) simply pull the door handle.
Dude, you're fckn awesome. This was the trick for my 2016 Dodge Durango. Thanks man!

SwackDog1

Reaction score
@Kenht87, thanks for the tip. Like other readers stated, this works but it is only temporary. This hack is disabled when you pull on the door handle and close the door.

Does anyone know a permanent hack for this?

Users who are viewing this thread