5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Rear End

Hez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 4 dr quad cab with 15k miles, and I have really noticed that the rear end seems to accumulate a lot of dirt, more than any truck I've owned before. Not only is it on the tailgate, but all over the bumper too..

I don't even live down or near a dirt road...anyone else experience this?

Has a tonneau cover or any other body options changed the air flow enough to prevent this?

Looking for advice, thanks.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of us have the same ”issue”. Aerodynamics of the current gen. Alot worse than the 4th gen trucks. Keep it waxed and wash off when it gets bad enough.

Damion

Reaction score
I’ve noticed my 19’s tailgate gathers more crud than my 16 did. I thought I was nuts thinking it gets so dirty fast guess I’m not alone

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't notice any change as far as the amount of dust/dirt I get on the tailgate from my most recent, a 2016 F150. Or my 2014 Ram 2500 for that matter. They are/were all black so they all show the dust.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed a reduction of film buildup after installing my weather tech mud flaps and my tyger cover. If I were to take a wild guess, it's like a 30 to 40% reduction than without those items. Not a whole lot reduction, but it helps when doing a quick pressure wand wash at the local car wash during the winter weather months.

Hey guys, I have a 4 dr quad cab with 15k miles, and I have really noticed that the rear end seems to accumulate a lot of dirt, more than any truck I've owned before. Not only is it on the tailgate, but all over the bumper too..

I don't even live down or near a dirt road...anyone else experience this?

Has a tonneau cover or any other body options changed the air flow enough to prevent this?

Looking for advice, thanks.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes tailgate gets dirty very fast. It collects a lot of road spray and the overhang of the spoiler on the top keeps the rain from rinsing it off very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread