5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diode Dynamic SS3 Pro fogs on LED truck

Reaction score
I changed out the oem LED fog lights on my Longhorn last weekend with the white DD SS3 Pro kit through RetroShop. It took me a good 3 hours to get both assemblies swapped out and properly aimed, but I probably could have got done sooner if I took the wheels off. As others have said, everything needed is included and is 100% bolt on/plug and play.
1650246394483.jpeg
1650246412983.jpeg

I drive at night regularly due to work so I’ve had a few days to play with the SS3’s in different weather conditions since the install. The difference is very noticeable compared to stock and pictures don’t do it justice. The SS3 is hands down much better than stock as a fog light. They are much brighter than stock but well focused and do an excellent job cutting through fog or heavy precipitation.

There is a small trade off though with the SS3’s that I noticed. The SS3’s have an overall spread of 145° in front of the truck vs the 180° coverage of stock, but this is only noticeable when the cornering light function is active. Despite the minor inconvenience, I’m very happy with the results and wished I did this upgrade sooner!

Low beams only
1650246652685.jpeg
Low beams with SS3 Pro fog lights
1650246489929.jpeg
SS3 Pro fog lights only
1650246509262.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread