5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diode Dynamic SS3 Pro fogs on LED truck

2slow95vert

Reaction score
So I bought the Diode Dynamic SS3 Pro fog light kit for my truck with the LED lighting. The kit says it's only for trucks with non LED lights, but I figured I could make it work. For LED equipped trucks you will also need the brackets and bezels from a non led truck. I needed the bezels with sensors. The wiring works with the factory fog light button.
Ram part # 68403915AA Halogen fog light brackets
Ram part #68318117AB Fog light bezel kit with parking sensors

I watched this video
and install was pretty simple. One thing I would recommend is an 8mm ratcheting wrench.

both.jpg amber.jpg

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you! There is another thread going and the bracket part number was incorrect.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
Thank you! There is another thread going and the bracket part number was incorrect.
Yes, I'm following that thread and ordered that part number first. Then I looked it up myself and found the correct piece.

21BigHorn4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this man! I asked you a question on another thread but your post answered my question. Luckily I ordered the correct bezels and brackets and they’ll be here today haha Are your lights the sport, pro or max?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slow95vert

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this man! I asked you a question on another thread but your post answered my question. Luckily I ordered the correct bezels and brackets and they’ll be here today haha Are your lights the sport, pro or max?

My lights are the pro. I'll try to get a pic at night soon

21BigHorn4x4

Reaction score
My lights are the pro. I'll try to get a pic at night soon

Right on, I ordered the same ones earlier this afternoon. Did you have to order any extra screws for the brackets or bezels? It was there enough from the original fog lights?

bnh105

Reaction score
How long did install take? And was there enough room to get in there without taking the tire off?

also curious if you had to switch the positive and negative wire around , some videos I saw said you have to do that or test them?

2slow95vert

Reaction score
Right on, I ordered the same ones earlier this afternoon. Did you have to order any extra screws for the brackets or bezels? It was there enough from the original fog lights?

You only need the kit, the brackets, and the bezels. The screws will get reused.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
How long did install take? And was there enough room to get in there without taking the tire off?

also curious if you had to switch the positive and negative wire around , some videos I saw said you have to do that or test them?
Install took probably 3 hrs give or take, but I work slow! I took the wheel off and removed the bottom wheel liner. The main wheel well liner I removed the front half of the screws and folded it back. You dont need to switch any wires. The adapter in the kit is reversible.

bnh105

Reaction score
Install took probably 3 hrs give or take, but I work slow! I took the wheel off and removed the bottom wheel liner. The main wheel well liner I removed the front half of the screws and folded it back. You dont need to switch any wires. The adapter in the kit is reversible.

So with their wiring it’s plug and play then, you didn’t have to buy or change anything?
Let’s see some pictures of how it looks!

PCB

Reaction score
I have been looking on the mopar site and I was hoping someone might know the correct bezel part number for trucks without sensors. There are so many of them that come up I don’t want to purchase the wrong bezels. Thanks and your truck looks great.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been looking on the mopar site and I was hoping someone might know the correct bezel part number for trucks without sensors. There are so many of them that come up I don’t want to purchase the wrong bezels. Thanks and your truck looks great.
What trim level do you have and do you have the LED or halogen fog lights currently?

bnh105

Reaction score
i just did mine and got all the parts from retro shop it came as a kit and was a few dollars cheaper than ordering seperatly

bfabian76

Reaction score
i just did mine and got all the parts from retro shop it came as a kit and was a few dollars cheaper than ordering seperatly
which brightness did you go with? did you get a harness from them? happy with it overall?

bnh105

Reaction score
which brightness did you go with? did you get a harness from them? happy with it overall?
I went with max! Yep it came with everything needed, it has all the options you need in the menus. I tested it at night only for a few minutes and 100 happy with it, they are brighter than stock headlights lol

Clv22p

Reaction score
Did you ever get around to some nighttime photos? Still like the lights? Im working on switching to LED and debating Factory LED Fogs or going with these. Close to same price to swap.

Users who are viewing this thread