5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dimmer wheel stopped working - screen and instruments

PMantle

Reaction score
I don't know if related, but I just had to change my truck battery. After doing so, the roller/wheel no long has any effect on the instrument or screen brightness. I tried looking at the settings, and yes, I can adjust with the plus minus, but I really want that roller to work again. Any ideas?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How long ago did you change your truck battery? After disconnecting the battery, it can take around 6 hours for everything to come back online. This is normal. If it has been longer, then maybe the switched stopped working.

PMantle

Reaction score
How long ago did you change your truck battery? After disconnecting the battery, it can take around 6 hours for everything to come back online. This is normal. If it has been longer, then maybe the switched stopped working.
I figured it out. Prior to this, I had never really fooled with the settings. After the battery change, the setting was set to manual. The wheel doesn't work on mine unless set to Auto. This thread can be closed/deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread