5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different Color Hood Latch

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Just picked up my Diamond Black 21 1500. I popped the hood to show my brother something, probably the eTorque generator, and noticed my hood latch is white. Is that odd or am I thinking too much on it? 20210124_144549.jpg

Keezer

Reaction score
Like the color of the steering wheel emblem, gear selector, etc. on the night editions are chrome, least ya cant see the hood latch.

BNeal

Reaction score
That is odd. Even though it's an easy fix, you shouldn't have to fix it. I would at least talk to your dealer about it. My truck is white, or I'd go see what color mine is - although, it's probably black!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's normal. Paint it if it bothers you, but I don't see it as being an issue.

moparleo51

Reaction score
mines is sliver steel, whew! maybe you got one of those covid truck builds.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie. My hood latch is painted silver gray.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is too, just like the door latch/strikers which I see every time I open a door.

Last edited:

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I've popped a few hoods, to check into the engine bay for one reason of another, can't recall ever being fixated on the hood latch. Definitely sticks out, there are plenty if body colored bolts and screws all over the place. One wouldn't think it would be difficult to have the latch NOT stand out.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They are ALL the same color. My Limited is BLACK and my latch looks just like yours. It actually isn't "white" ;)

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I realized it isn't "white" white when I looked at it up close again. I just never noticed any that glaringly stood out

Users who are viewing this thread