5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different Bed Rails

ericd

Reaction score
Does anybody have any insight as to why these two trucks have different color bed rails. I remember a user had posted a while back they they wished the bed rails were black. These are both Limited's with Rambox's. IMG_6665.PNG IMG_6666.PNG

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird, the rails are completely different too, not just in color, the silver ones have a guide that hangs down over the bevel of the vertical slats in the bed.

Agitated

Reaction score
Yes, I believe one is for use with that tonno cover and the rails bolt to the tonno cover frame. The other rails bolt to the truck bed. At least that's how it seems on Roll n Locks website...

ericd

Reaction score
Yes, I believe one is for use with that tonno cover and the rails bolt to the tonno cover frame. The other rails bolt to the truck bed. At least that's how it seems on Roll n Locks website...
oh good call

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I believe you are exactly right.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Which one is which? I don't plan to get the tonneau cover on mine.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Ah duh hehe. Bummer, I rather have the black one
Me too. I have seen pictures of trucks with both regardless of having a cover. I had been wondering if it was maybe a supplier issue. I would rather have the black ones as they also give a cleaner look by hiding the inner workings of the rambox by sitting almost flush.

cjgerson

Reaction score
So which tonneau is that?

My truck as the lower sitting aluminum ones. Making me wonder if my MX4 I have on order is gonna work?!? :unsure:

Agitated

Reaction score
I"m not sure which tonneau it is. I had recently bought the Mopar bed rails and bed divider for the standard 6.4' bed (non rambox). Upon installing the bed divider, I had hardware left over. I checked the directions about 45 more times and couldn't figure out what the extra screws and flat pre-threaded plates were for. I came across a video by Roll n Lock (I think that's who it was) who videoed an install of what appeared to be this same bed divider on a pre 19 truck. They bolted the trolley rails to the actual tonneau frame, and it used the left over bag of hardware I had. It was then I realized they just sent multiple bags of hardware. I assume from all this that Roll n Lock probably makes some of the Mopar stuff and they have, or will have, different rails for each application and bed style and whether or not you are using a tonneau cover. Because I found that there is interference between the Mopar Bed divider trolley rails and my Truxedo tonneau cover clamps. I had to remove one on each side. I see now why it would be nice to have those rails just bolt to the tonneau frame. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Chaser

Reaction score
I have a set of the black ones for rambox w/5'7" bed I need to swap.

Good luck. The black ones are essentially useless unless you want the soft factory tonneau cover. I’m looking for the stock silver set for mine.

lanman1

Reaction score
Good luck. The black ones are essentially useless unless you want the soft factory tonneau cover. I’m looking for the stock silver set for mine.
I think If I wasn't going to put on a hard cover that I like the look better of the black ones. Also, FYI, there are some on ebay now for about $300 and the dealer can get them for about $275.

Chaser

Reaction score
I think If I wasn't going to put on a hard cover that I like the look better of the black ones. Also, FYI, there are some on ebay now for about $300 and the dealer can get them for about $275.
Definitely like the look of black ones better but unfortunately I want a hard cover.

My only concern about these eBay rails is they all say 2010-2018. Not sure if mopar made a new set of rails to fit the 19’s.

Chaser

Reaction score
Just talked to Morrie at tonneau factory outlet and he said all the silver rambox rails should fit all
mosels.

Users who are viewing this thread