5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you like the look of the 2019 rams at first?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro, u blind? :p

Not going to lie, if someone gave me this truck with the 6.2 liter, I'd divorce my RAM in a heartbeat. These trucks do not look nearly as good in pictures as they do in person. They're large, bold, and stunning.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-criticized-over-poor-ride-quality-131303_1.jpg
I stand by my statement. Horrendous. I’ve seen them in person and cannot find one angle that looks good. Why did you buy your RAM then? You could have bought one of these toilets.

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I stand by my statement. Horrendous. I’ve seen them in person and cannot find one angle that looks good. Why did you buy your RAM then? You could have bought one of these toilets.

Why not buy my Ram? I'm not a zealot, there are good things and bad things about both trucks. The Bighorn met all my requirements, including some bonuses, at the right price. The GM twins were much more expensive. Doesn't mean I can't like features/style/looks from different trucks just because the Ram happened to be the best fit for me at this time. I dearly wanted a 6.2 with the 10 speed, but the price was just too far above me since they don't allow you to put one in a medium trim. A GMC SLE (one step above base) with the weaker 5.3 and equivalent required features to my Bighorn (4x4 with low speed transfer case, brake controller, bench up front etc) was about 10,000 more than what I paid. So I didn't want to pay more for a less capable/powerful truck.

Exterior looks was a definite pull towards the GM's, they are stunning in my opinion. Interior not so much, but I would have lived with it all else (price) being equal between the trucks. I still like the Ram exterior, I just think the GM twins are more attractive on the exterior.

So.... I don't have to hate the competition to appreciate what I bought. I really like my Ram. But I like the GM's too.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not buy my Ram? I'm not a zealot, there are good things and bad things about both trucks. The Bighorn met all my requirements, including some bonuses, at the right price. The GM twins were much more expensive. Doesn't mean I can't like features/style/looks from different trucks just because the Ram happened to be the best fit for me at this time. I dearly wanted a 6.2 with the 10 speed, but the price was just too far above me since they don't allow you to put one in a medium trim. A GMC SLE (one step above base) with the weaker 5.3 and equivalent required features to my Bighorn (4x4 with low speed transfer case, brake controller, bench up front etc) was about 10,000 more than what I paid. So I didn't want to pay more for a less capable/powerful truck.

Exterior looks was a definite pull towards the GM's, they are stunning in my opinion. Interior not so much, but I would have lived with it all else (price) being equal between the trucks. I still like the Ram exterior, I just think the GM twins are more attractive on the exterior.

So.... I don't have to hate the competition to appreciate what I bought. I really like my Ram. But I like the GM's too.
Of course you can like features/style/looks of different trucks. I just happen to think that the Silverado is awful and the GMC is just OK. However that doesn’t make me blind, bro. My previous truck was a 2015 Sierra SLE, and I will never, ever consider buying a GM again. Total POS.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interestingly, I was talking to a friend of my son's yesterday who sells Chevrolets. Of course, as usual, the subject of trucks came up. I was surprised when he told me that at his store they had sold more Colorado's than Silverado's (per month) up until very recently. In his words, "the new Silverado style has put a lot of people off and has actually boost Colorado sales."

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028388 miles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interestingly, I was talking to a friend of my son's yesterday who sells Chevrolets. Of course, as usual, the subject of trucks came up. I was surprised when he told me that at his store they had sold more Colorado's than Silverado's (per month) up until very recently. In his words, "the new Silverado style has put a lot of people off and has actually boost Colorado sales."

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 028388 miles.
I’m not that surprised. They literally make Iike nine different models. Each one is uglier than the next.

rotts4u

Reaction score

Regards,
Dusty

On my first trip to a local dealer that sells Chevy and Ram I went to look at the Chevy. I asked the salesman what model and version of the Chevy he liked best and his answer was something like " though the chevy is nice the Ram 1500 is WAY better, nicer and better equipped for the money.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not. From the pictures I ranked it right up there with the horrible GMC/Chevy remodel. Once I saw them in person though, it was so much better.. and in certain trims / color combos they look great!

I wish mine had a bit less chrome, but other than that, I love the new look.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Reviving an older thread, but yes. I liked them immediately...so much so that I traded my 2017 F150 for one. To my eyes, it's the best looking truck on the road, maybe ever. Of course, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so if someone else likes another brand better, no sweat.

barr0208

Reaction score
I did not. From the pictures I ranked it right up there with the horrible GMC/Chevy remodel. Once I saw them in person though, it was so much better.. and in certain trims / color combos they look great!

I wish mine had a bit less chrome, but other than that, I love the new look.
you mean like this lol 20190416_104101.jpg

Narg

Reaction score
I still like the exterior look of my 2015 Silverado more than any truck hands down. But since GM went with those horrendous rounded wheel wells, the Silverado looks like any other bland truck on the road now. That said, the RAM is good looking but doesn't blow me away. However the interior does blow me away, and since I will be inside the truck when near it more than outside, that's why I've got my Longhorn on order now and patiently waiting it's arrival.

Cortesio

Reaction score
I still like the exterior look of my 2015 Silverado more than any truck hands down. But since GM went with those horrendous rounded wheel wells, the Silverado looks like any other bland truck on the road now. That said, the RAM is good looking but doesn't blow me away. However the interior does blow me away, and since I will be inside the truck when near it more than outside, that's why I've got my Longhorn on order now and patiently waiting it's arrival.

I was a big fan of the styling of my 16 Silverado. I thought it was a nicely modern look that was a step up from the previous generation. Then the new models came out and they look awful. I test drove a 2019 and aside from the gaudy exterior, the interior looked even more bland than my 2016 with spiffy Z71 gauges. I didn’t think it was possible.

I wasn’t a big fan of the classic Ram design. Just not my style. I didn’t even test drive one before I got my Chevy. The 5th gens caught my eye as some of the best looking trucks I had seen. As soon as I sat in one and saw the interior I was sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
I wasnt sold on the truck overall but the interior had me interested in taking one for a spin. Once I drove it I still wasnt quite sold but then I went back for another w the wife and 2 car seats. SOLD...lol. I am typically a truck owner for 2 years at a time before I get bored and ready for the next one but I think I might hold on to this one for a bit. Unless the 2500 gets the full redesign and a flat rear floor and then Im a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread