5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you like the look of the 2019 rams at first?

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Wife got a new Grand Cherokee in May, and they had one sitting in the showroom that I couldn’t stop getting up and looking at it. We went back in July and bought one. I’ve only owned silverados for the last 15 years, but this new body style blew me away. Traded in my 2015 Midnight Edition Silverado for it and have zero regrets.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, was not al that to me at first, nor second look.

Took my 4th gen in for an oil change and the lil mrs wanted to go “look” at the new trucks. We looked at the white , black, red Dt’s then saw the two tone patriot blue.

Kicked tires, drove, oohed and ahhhed over the new tech and interior compared to the the old goat I was driving. got way more appraised value than I ever figured and traded vehicles.

I still like the 4th gen look, but I also like what I am driving now.

James1414d

Reaction score
Exterior was kinda secondary to me. Loved the Longhorn interior and figured the exterior would grow on me....it did:D

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a long time mopar fan and have had many dodge trucks over the years. I was awaiting this redesign for quite a while and I have to admit, I was a little disappointed at first. I wasn’t sure about the front end. Somehow after studying these and looking at them for quite a while, they really have grown on me. Once I brought it home and parked it next to my 2010, it really made the old truck look a little outdated. I was afraid I would miss my old truck since it was such a great truck (and I really loved the look). It’s now been about 5 months with my new ride and I haven’t missed the old truck at all. Here’s a pic of the two before I sold it.

Attachments

• 79F35BE7-F26F-4AD3-800A-267A3B8E9B85.jpeg
    79F35BE7-F26F-4AD3-800A-267A3B8E9B85.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • A0391841-14A0-4EC8-A31E-22CE496DCC3D.jpeg
    A0391841-14A0-4EC8-A31E-22CE496DCC3D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

Steveover

Reaction score
Looks just like a Toyota Tundra on the outside, interior and tech there’s no comparison

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I have to admit. Ram exterior has always been one of my LEAST favorites as far as design goes. The Silverado was always king in my book.

Now that I'm getting a little older, I am valuing more than just exterior looks in which case there is just no comparison. Sure, all the trucks steal ideas and concepts off of one another.... even designers move from one manufacturer to the other. But unless you're getting a Denali, there's nothing even close to the interior of a RAM.

I could not buy a RAM without having a sport appearance/blackout package though. Blackout package just looks really nice with the small details being blacked, making the LED lights just shine just better.

KLodge74

Reaction score
The first one I saw I wasnt crazy about I think it was some type of blue. Then I saw one in white and one black and said that looks so much better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I liked the looks from the get go. I started a thread over on the F150 forum at that time saying the new Ram was likely going to get me to switch. Of course, that created a mini firestorm over there. I didn't get rid of the F150 because it was a crummy truck. I got the Ram for the fresh look and incredible interior.

daboyz1223

Reaction score
at first i was like eh.... i didn't like how they went away from the cross hair grilles. then my '15 started having a problem shortly after my warranty was up, which was annoying, and i wasn't paying to get it fixed. so i researched the new ones...saw the laramie w/ sport appearance package and was like mmmhmmm i likey. so i found a truck local-ish worked a deal on it, traded in my '15 with a problem, and got a sweet looking '19 for about the same payment.

Laramie81

Reaction score
I really didn’t like the exterior at all at first, but once I saw one in all black with no chrome, it was true love ❤️

Last edited:

Kidder

Reaction score
No, still meh for me. I like the 4th gen better on the exterior. But, the interior is so incredible, I could care less what the exterior looks like.

NightRebel

Reaction score
Didn’t like it in pictures, it looked like a Toyota to me. When I finally seen one in person, I started to like it. Checked out the interior and drove a couple and was sold.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw pics. I was so bummed out having a Chevy and was looking forward to a ‘19 Ram. Totally wrote off the idea and I loathed my ‘17 Chevy. I remember ranting about the disappointment. Couple months later I saw my my black Rebel in person and fell for it. No question. Trim level and color make a huge difference!

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Swore I'd never own an FCA vehicle..... Was shopping for a 2018 GMC Denail...... Only ended up test driving one truck (for less than 10 minutes)..... It's now sitting outside.

I guess you could say I liked them right away.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Yes, I loved it immediately when I finally looked at one--same day I purchased one.

Lateralus

Reaction score
I still don't like the looks... maybe the truck will grow on me over time.
I chose to get a F350 for my tow rig, as the new Ram HDs just don't look right to me.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did like the classic ram look,but ive grown to like the 2019s especially in black like ours.And it drives better,handles better,and seems faster.

It was hard for Ram designers to produce a better looking truck after the 4th gen Rams. At first I thought the front grill design was a little awkward, but the rest of the 2019 body was extremely well executed and maintain the sophisticated look of the 4th gens. Now I cannot understand why I thought the front was a bit awkward. It's better looking and more modern in my eyes.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010647 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread