5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did MY latest update have issues.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I did my latest update. Was forced to do so after ignoring update notices. Now the radio wouldn't shut off. Had to restart multiple times, before it would. Also had an issue where it went into 1st gear only, and problems with the bluetooth iPhone connection. Had to delete phone and re-connect with it to work. Anyone else experience this. I cam Ram Doesn't care and was told to take to dealer where they would probably charge me to update software. I complained and was told dealers are private owned companies. LOL I told her Ram screwed up my perfectly fine car and now I have to pay? Cant make this crap up.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did my latest update. Was forced to do so after ignoring update notices. Now the radio wouldn't shut off. Had to restart multiple times, before it would. Also had an issue where it went into 1st gear only, and problems with the bluetooth iPhone connection. Had to delete phone and re-connect with it to work. Anyone else experience this. I cam Ram Doesn't care and was told to take to dealer where they would probably charge me to update software. I complained and was told dealers are private owned companies. LOL I told her Ram screwed up my perfectly fine car and now I have to pay? Cant make this crap up.
Sounds about right unfortunately.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was this an OTA update? What application version are you on now?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Think im going to leave my truck hiding in the garage until i read about enough successful OTA updates - think that will ever happen ?
Sure wish there was an easier way to disallow this s..t without surgery !

Lungs414

Reaction score

The OTA update was 35.31. I don't know what it had before. I had noticed that with pre OTA update changing channels on Sirius was lagging a lot. Whether using the steering wheel controls or manually touching the screen. Also CarPlay started to be a hit or miss and had to unplug and plug in a few times for it to work.
Wasn't really sure how to do the update so I did the 39.1 i think, and then the 40 back to back. So the short story is I'm on 40 and it is noticeably better.

Users who are viewing this thread