5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablosport CMR tuners

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm sure there were changes with the 22 models, and I can't imagine there are a while lot of people getting tunes for 5th gens. You could see about how TRXs are getting tuned, as there are probably more of them. And there are always anomalies when it comes to tuning as well. Some trucks just need different settings than most.
I outright asked him if this was the first 22 ECM he turned and he said no.
Then I again asked if this was first 2022 TCM he tune and said no.

The first tune on the ECM my truck wouldn't even start. Can it really be that different?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been tossing around the idea of HPTuners. I'm scared to mess up my engine though.
You don't have to be the one understanding and changing the calibrations though. HPTuners is only the software, then you buy the tune you want from Hemifever, Greene racing, i.e. reputable tuner guys, or bring everything to a dyno session and you can watch over their shoulder and learn a few minor things if you want. It also has the full diagnosis capability. There has never been anyone who regrets a quality aftermarket calibration, regardless of the peak horsepower increase. The throttle response, drivability, and trans tune is worth it's weight in gold.

That said, it costs $ to unlock the PCM, buy the software, buy the tune, and lose your powertrain warranty, so I understand it isn't for everybody. It's not for me right now, my wife said so. 🤣 After warranty, of course I'll do it, my fifth vehicle.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't have to be the one understanding and changing the calibrations though. HPTuners is only the software, then you buy the tune you want from Hemifever, Greene racing, i.e. reputable tuner guys, or bring everything to a dyno session and you can watch over their shoulder and learn a few minor things if you want. It also has the full diagnosis capability. There has never been anyone who regrets a quality aftermarket calibration, regardless of the peak horsepower increase. The throttle response, drivability, and trans tune is worth it's weight in gold.

That said, it costs $ to unlock the PCM, buy the software, buy the tune, and lose your powertrain warranty, so I understand it isn't for everybody. It's not for me right now, my wife said so. 🤣 After warranty, of course I'll do it, my fifth vehicle.
Yeah after warranty I'm going to be all over it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just edited my first post with an update since Jay Greene required it as he stopped emailing me back when I asked to pay for an updated TCM tune.
I will be reaching out to Hemifeaver or Diablotoona in the near future as I don't want anything Jay Greene Racing on my truck.

388Racing

Reaction score
I just installed a HemiFever tune. I purchased the tune from the web site and Shawn got right back to me. I sent him the files he needed from the Trinity and he had a tune back to me in a few hours. I installed it and did a logging run for him to look at. He replied quickly and said the log file looked great. I used him before for a tune on my Challenger and couldnt be happier.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just installed a HemiFever tune. I purchased the tune from the web site and Shawn got right back to me. I sent him the files he needed from the Trinity and he had a tune back to me in a few hours. I installed it and did a logging run for him to look at. He replied quickly and said the log file looked great. I used him before for a tune on my Challenger and couldnt be happier.
Thanks for the info.

Couple of questions
Did you do a TCM tune also?
Were you already running a canned tune or did you go right from stock?

I'm waiting a week or 2 so I have time to re-commit to this as I have been very busy with other things.

388Racing

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Couple of questions
Did you do a TCM tune also?
Were you already running a canned tune or did you go right from stock?

I'm waiting a week or 2 so I have time to re-commit to this as I have been very busy with other things.
Yes I opted for the TCM tune add on. I did install the 91 canned tune. It felt Ok, but after installing the HemiFever stuff I noticed a big difference .. I had experience with Shawn in the past. He provided a tune for my Challenger that I did autocross racing with. I was pretty impressed back then and he didnt disappoint this time.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes I opted for the TCM tune add on. I did install the 91 canned tune. It felt Ok, but after installing the HemiFever stuff I noticed a big difference .. I had experience with Shawn in the past. He provided a tune for my Challenger that I did autocross racing with. I was pretty impressed back then and he didnt disappoint this time.
That's great to hear.
I was kind of worried these trucks just can't benefit from a tune over the canned.

Are you pretty much stock on your truck except your S&B intake?
I just had an exhaust and a ram air intake so possibly a little more airflow at WOT.

I also think it's funny you're in MA also. Did you ever try to find a shop that would do a tune? I have and never could anywhere near here.

388Racing

Reaction score
That's great to hear.
I was kind of worried these trucks just can't benefit from a tune over the canned.

Are you pretty much stock on your truck except your S&B intake?
I just had an exhaust and a ram air intake so possibly a little more airflow at WOT.

I also think it's funny you're in MA also. Did you ever try to find a shop that would do a tune? I have and never could anywhere near here.
Dez Racing in Seekonk MA would probably do a tune. Yes its nothing more than the S&B. I will probably do exhaust at some point. Probably the Borla Touring.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dez Racing in Seekonk MA would probably do a tune. Yes its nothing more than the S&B. I will probably do exhaust at some point. Probably the Borla Touring.
Just emailed them. I also found another place a little more local to me called Tailored Chassis Solutions, LLC and reached out to them, but it looks like they do more on smaller and complex engines (which doesn't mean they will not do a v8).

Depending on the responses I might try those, or do Hemifever.
Do you have Shawns email?

TxRN

Reaction score
Curious to know which route to go also. Subscribed. for my 2023 which i know aren't "supported" yet...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will probably be using a local shop when I get to the point of wanting a custom tune. Luckily I'm friends with the guy who owns it. He has a 1500+ rwhp Hellcat Charger, and tunes TRXs like they are going out of style.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I will probably be using a local shop when I get to the point of wanting a custom tune. Luckily I'm friends with the guy who owns it. He has a 1500+ rwhp Hellcat Charger, and tunes TRXs like they are going out of style.
Depends where you live too. Could probably count on 2 hands how many TRX exist in my entire state and people don't tend to drive high powered cars around here, all SUVs, and cheap ones at that.

I also like your new tag on the forums :)
1686691661423.png

TxRN

Reaction score
Do you already own a handheld tuner?
I actually do have a handheld tuner. The diablo tune I3 to be exact that I used for my 2019 Ram 1500. It has the stock 2019 ram 1500 tune in it because I sold the truck with the tune in it. lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I actually do have a handheld tuner. The diablo tune I3 to be exact that I used for my 2019 Ram 1500. It has the stock 2019 ram 1500 tune in it because I sold the truck with the tune in it. lol
If it was an i3 platinum you can just buy an additional vin license if you didn't put the truck back to factory and sold it with the tune.

From what I researched it seems that HP tuners might be better for our trucks, but like you I already had my i3 and if you are doing the custom tune route I believe you should get nearly the same from either.
The canned options on the HP Tuners give you more options from what I see people posting here that I can't set with my i3
I have never used an HP Tuner so I don't know for sure. If I didn't own either I would of gotten an HP tuner.

Looks like it's currently $150 for an additional license for your I3
1686694695885.png

I have seen them run deals from time to time for $50-75 for an additional license too.

TxRN

Reaction score
If it was an i3 platinum you can just buy an additional vin license if you didn't put the truck back to factory and sold it with the tune.

From what I researched it seems that HP tuners might be better for our trucks, but like you I already had my i3 and if you are doing the custom tune route I believe you should get nearly the same from either.
The canned options on the HP Tuners give you more options from what I see people posting here that I can't set with my i3
I have never used an HP Tuner so I don't know for sure. If I didn't own either I would of gotten an HP tuner.

Looks like it's currently $150 for an additional license for your I3
View attachment 160822

I have seen them run deals from time to time for $50-75 for an additional license too.
Mines the normal i3 looks like an SCT tuner that I bought from Moes performance back in 2019 for my previous ram. Would that work.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mines the normal i3 looks like an SCT tuner that I bought from Moes performance back in 2019 for my previous ram. Would that work.
What's the part number on the back?
Mine for example is X00011300 which was called 8600 platinum.
Some of the older ones were locked to a make and you had to pay to unlock it, then for additional licenses.
I THINK in 2019 ALL of them sold were platniums

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends where you live too. Could probably count on 2 hands how many TRX exist in my entire state and people don't tend to drive high powered cars around here, all SUVs, and cheap ones at that.

I also like your new tag on the forums :)
View attachment 160819
He gets TRXs from all over, even other countries. Has had people ship them to him, in car haulers, to tune. He offers packages up to 1100hp. the overseas ones, usually Russia sine he's Russian, they send him money he buys the truck, runes itz then ships it to them.

TxRN

Reaction score
What's the part number on the back?
Mine for example is X00011300 which was called 8600 platinum.
Some of the older ones were locked to a make and you had to pay to unlock it, then for additional licenses.
I THINK in 2019 ALL of them sold were platniums

this is the one that i had gotten.. looks like they increased prices too...

Users who are viewing this thread