5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablosport CMR tuners

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just emailed them. I also found another place a little more local to me called Tailored Chassis Solutions, LLC and reached out to them, but it looks like they do more on smaller and complex engines (which doesn't mean they will not do a v8).

Depending on the responses I might try those, or do Hemifever.
Do you have Shawns email?
Got a response back form Tailored Chassis Solutions and they told me they don't tune trucks, looks like mostly imports and foreign cars.
No response back from Dez Racing in Seekonk MA yet.
I also reached out to SMG Motoring in Mendon as they appear to work on muscle cars but most appear to be classics.

TxRN

Reaction score
I think that's a universal one.
Should be able to buy an additional license when you connect it to your computer with the update agent.
Here's the link for you.
I appreciate that. I'd still have to wait for the 2023 available tunes right? Also what is meant by "canned" tunes. Does that mean that's just a generic tune for a particular Ram with certain specific mods? Basically a very conservative tune across the board...?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I'd still have to wait for the 2023 available tunes right? Also what is meant by "canned" tunes. Does that mean that's just a generic tune for a particular Ram with certain specific mods? Basically a very conservative tune across the board...?
Canned tunes are the generic tunes that are preloaded in the handheld device.
They are fine for most, but won't eek out that very last drop of power.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Canned tunes are generic one size fits most "safe" tunes that will give you a little extra power, but aren't going to give you the most power possible. It's like using the Pulsar and being happy with it.

TxRN

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.. I guess now I just gotta wait till they have something for the 2023 models... Question though, can I use these "canned" tunes for my 2023 after purchasing another license for the Diablo i3 tuner? Assuming I get an unlocked PCM.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.. I guess now I just gotta wait till they have something for the 2023 models... Question though, can I use these "canned" tunes for my 2023 after purchasing another license for the Diablo i3 tuner? Assuming I get an unlocked PCM.
Yes.
The license allows you to tune 1 car\truck IE vin number.

You can tune your ECM and or TCM with 1 license as it's per vin.
You can do simple stuff like disable auto start-stop and disable MDS without needing to engage gear limiter, also remote speed limiter all with "canned tunes" "parameter" changes.

Basicly you are stuck waiting until your PCM can be unlocked and or you get another one that is unlocked (make sure it's for a 2023 then you can connect and see what options there are.
Note that if you choose the "Diablo" which also is sometimes "performance" tune you will need to use 91 or 93 octane (I forget which) gas.
These trucks already recommend 89, so it's not that much big of a jump imo, and at least for me I seemed to gain mpg going to 93 (I generally only have access to 87 and 93)

TxRN

Reaction score
Yes.
The license allows you to tune 1 car\truck IE vin number.

You can tune your ECM and or TCM with 1 license as it's per vin.
You can do simple stuff like disable auto start-stop and disable MDS without needing to engage gear limiter, also remote speed limiter all with "canned tunes" "parameter" changes.

Basicly you are stuck waiting until your PCM can be unlocked and or you get another one that is unlocked (make sure it's for a 2023 then you can connect and see what options there are.
Note that if you choose the "Diablo" which also is sometimes "performance" tune you will need to use 91 or 93 octane (I forget which) gas.
These trucks already recommend 89, so it's not that much big of a jump imo, and at least for me I seemed to gain mpg going to 93 (I generally only have access to 87 and 93)
Appreciate it bud

388Racing

Reaction score
Just emailed them. I also found another place a little more local to me called Tailored Chassis Solutions, LLC and reached out to them, but it looks like they do more on smaller and complex engines (which doesn't mean they will not do a v8).

Depending on the responses I might try those, or do Hemifever.
Do you have Shawns email?
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread