5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablosport CMR tuners

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone know who does good tunes that actually responds to people?

I tried Hemifever but they either aren't in business anymore or are too busy to respond to inquires (which would be a problem if a tune was causing a problem).

I'm told there's someone named "Jay Greene" but I don't really use Facebook and I don't know where to get more information on what he can or can't do.

The person I used in the past doesn't appear to do tunes for Ram\Dodge but his name was Lewis and did "DiabLew" tunes that were great for me in the past and was always very responsible via email.

2023 JAY GREENE RACING UPDATE: While I let him know I was re-flashing my TCM and might need an updated tune. He said no problem. I went back to stock, flashed my TCM and got everything working then sent him an email with the existing tune files for him to check and also said I would be willing to pay again for the TCM tune since he might need to make a new one from scratch.
I then got an email back around midnight linking to this thread refusing to do anything.

I am not touching a thing till I get some answers on this and imo a response on that post.

Darksteel165

Diablosport CMR tuners

Jay
I have since sent him 2 different emailing's asking him what he means and I got no response.
I have had so many problems with his tunes and being stuck with a truck that can't even turn on or shift that i'm done with the guy and here is his "response on that post" that he asked for

Jay Greene Racing is extremally unprofessional, he lied about having tuned a truck like mine (asked him about previous tunes on a 2022 Ram 1500), his tunes outright suck and are dangerous to use, and when I looked around it appears a lot of other people are having the same problems as myself some even getting back stock tunes as "custom" I thought I was crazy when nothing improved and had so many problems but it seems to be common for him these days.

This disgusting wall of text is my full experience with Jay Greene Racing cut down from the 65 pages of emails

I sent Jay $360 from PayPal as friends and family and ate the fee via a series of introductorily emails. I explained I wanted to get my ECM and TCM tuned to reduce delay in driving the truck and squeeze out any power possible. I asked him if he has turned a 2022 Ram 1500's ECM and TCM before and he told me he has.
The first few tunes the truck couldn't even turn on and would just crank he claimed "must be a glitch"
He then gave me a tune called "test" (which I think was the stock tune) and it turned on.
He then gave me another tune and shocking my truck would not turn on again. This time he blamed it on "Diablo messed up the template, common on new vehicles...." Now he already told me he has turned a 2022 Ram 1500 so I caught him in his first lie there (I didn't anything to him)
I did another couple tunes that he emailed over to me and the truck still can't start and he says it's maybe because "the TQ management changes".
He then says he set PE (power enrichment) back to stock for the truck to be able to be turned on again.

We are 3 hours in at this point. I asked him what to do if the truck turns on after this next tune and I get this response "Drive it how you like, and you can log if you want.". Not really sure what he means by that. I have not given him a single log yet so I push him saying I need to give him some kind of log to actually tune the truck then he tells me sure "4-5 min of stop and go driving. And a separate log at WOT, slow roll to whatever speed you want."
I guess he didn't want to bother having me send him logs to actually make an adjustment unless I asked him?
It was past midnight at this point (I started around 7:30pm) so I told him I would get logs tomorrow.

I drove the truck and sent him some logs and he gave me another tune file. My truck could start after this one but my instrument panel screen would never turn off when I locked the truck and walked away. I did all the troubleshooting I could and let him know and he just blamed it on Diablo and said "This isn't the tuning. It is a security function. The vehicle doesn't like the programmer. Need to let Diablo know this. Also set the sleep timer to 0 on the programmer."
I told him I had no idea what he was talking about as there is nothing even plugged in. I ended up reverting my truck back to stock and the screen properly shut off after around 45 seconds as normal.
I then re-applied the 10th ECM tune he gave me and the screen was able to shut off, I think the truck wasn't happy being flashed so many times.
Jay again blamed all the problems on Diablo "The only reason it took so many tunes is because Diablo has the template messed up. But thankfully I found out what part was messed up."
I told him I still have the 1-2 second throttle lag when stopped in gear. He told me that would be the TCM tune (sure I guess so).

I then sent him the additional $100 for the TCM tune and I again asked him "Should this affect the throttle lag\delay on the truck?" and he said "It will give faster, firmer and higher shifts." He copy and pastes that anytime you ask about the TCM tune, faster firmer higher shifts.
He gave me the first TCM tune and at WOT between 40-50mpg the truck redlined, then bounced all the way down for 3500 rpms then upshifted. At another part just driving normal I could hear loud bangs coming from my exhaust during shifts, not the good kind. I cut the trip short and returned back to home and let him know. the response I got back was "Sounds like something didn't load correctly or something."
I re-applied the tune and went out again, this time it was violently jerking me and the wife forward while shifting from 3rd to 4rd gear, not redlining but the actual shift felt like I was driving into a wall.
I then asked him "Is this the first 2022 tranny you have tuned? Or have others not had this problem like I had with the ECM tunes you did."
Then I got this response back "No it isn't the first, have tuned many. And no this isn't a issue people experience... Seems something didn't load correctly. "
He looked at the logs again and claimed this "OK seems one of the tables isn't flashing correctly, redid it over a new backup file. If it still acts up we will drop that table, it is for quicker shifting but isn't the only table for quicker shifting".
He gave me another tune that seemed better but still sometimes had some really bad shifts, I asked him if my engine was misfiring and he said "It pulled some timing in the hits but not every hit. Which leans to false knock or oil knock from oil in the intake manifold. A catch can helps that."
I let him know I already have a high quality catch can.
I also reverted my trucks TCM tune back to stock and then did a canned tune as the truck was not drivable with any of his TCM tunes so far .

He then told me "Something is going on somewhere and it isn't the tuning. Seems the file isn't loading correctly or a template issue. I will get back next week after I think it over and speak with Diablo. Wanna see what they say."
Then "After discussing it, it seems the trans limiter isn't working on the 2022's. So this is my normal trans file with lower shifts, it still will gain performance but will not rev as high. The faster shifts actually gain more than the higher shifts when stock. And when they fix it we can revisit it. Everything is pointing to this, so we will see."

He then gave me another 2 tunes and said "Looks good now at the shifts in the logs. Raised the shifts up closer to the limiter for you, hopefully it stays low enough not to act up."

This was the last TCM tune I was running until I flashed my TCM after reverting back to stock.
I emailed him on May 8th and talked about the flashing of my TCM and said there would be no problem etc and just let him know.
I then did my work and emailed him on June 3rd what happened with the custom tune (the tuner deleted it and doesn't seem to want to let me apply it to the flashing flashed TCM, then on the 4th is when I got the above email out of the blue.

Here are some other videos\articles that have similar problems as myself from him

Last edited:

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can check out Johan "Diablotoona". Diablotoona.com

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can check out Johan "Diablotoona". Diablotoona.com
Guess ill need to wait a bit to use them.
I got an auto-reply back to email saying he is dealing with some medical issues the month of June >_<

Bad time to get a tune I guess.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How did you make out with the tuning?

I ended up going with Jay Greene.

Had a ton of problems the first 6 tunes my truck wouldn't even start.
He said that there was something "wrong with the template for the 2022s" so it sounds like mine was the first 22 he tuned.
We ended with the 10th tune of those I think 3 maybe 4 actually allowed my truck to turn on.

He also said he's not able to tune the transmission and blamed it on the Diablosport software or tuner or something.
I can't notice a difference between adjusting the tune myself on my handheld tuner and his tune whatsoever.
The weird throttle delay that appears to be torque management is still in full effect.

When I asked him about giving logs I got the response of "you can log if you like", like how can you do a tune without getting logs from me after applying a tune???

I think Jay is just too busy and didn't seem to really care as much about getting fine tuning and just applies some random things and calls it a day. I think he is swapped with tune requests or doing something more profitable.

Not trying to bash the guy but my experience sucked and i'm just being honest as every review matters good or bad. Definitely not worth the $360 I paid him (he didn't take money for the transmission tune [which would of been another $100] as he tried to open my config and said he can't even open my custom tune from my handheld for the tranny). If I knew it was going to be such a pain and such little difference and his inability to tune the transmission I wouldn't of even spent $150 on it.

My last experience getting a tune resulted in a noticeably improvement from the canned tune and a proper change in shift points to make my truck at the time preform much better.

I did get a response from Diablotoona but it was after I paid Jay. He seemed to have his stuff together and was VERY detailed in what exactly would be done and how. It was weird as he said he takes "donations that range from 300-700" but I assume that's just to avoid paying taxing on it with Paypal or whatever which doesn't really matter to me.
I may end up working with Diablotoona and shelling out another but load of money and see if he can actually tune the truck, maybe I can send him logs and ask if it looks right to him.

Selcher

Reaction score
Wow, that's too bad. I've been reading similar encounters with the same conclusions, that he's just too busy.

I've only used HemiFever in the past so will likely go that route again. I'll check into Diablotoona though, just in case.

I'll be pissed if this doesn't make a difference or something like the truck not starting, especially for that amount paid.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks but I had to pay in in PayPal and it was sent as family and friends so there's nothing I could really do.
He never gave me his phone number and refused to call me (even when my truck wouldn't start) so there isn't really much I have.

My truck starts now but it doesn't sound very good almost like it's gunning the throttle when it starts to stay on like if a car battery is almost dead you put your foot on the gas to help it out after it turns on but like there's nothing I can do at this point.

Eating $360 and needing to revert back to your canned tunes blows really wish I could talk to the guy and he cns explain what he auctally did because I can't see any postive changes with the truck and the software costs $2,500 so it's not like I can check out the 10 tunes and see what parameters he did or didn't even customize.
The software should be free to view tunes but paid to make them to be fair.

popcenator

Reaction score
That's really crappy to hear. Jay has done a lot with my tunes and I've never had an issue with the tunes he's done on my last two trucks. He just made an adjustment at my request yesterday. You're right though, he's definitely overwhelmed these days. I have both HF and JG tunes now and both are very noticeable improvements. Sorry you had a bad experience, that really sucks, but I have nothing but good things to say about both tunes.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I made another mistake and got a tranny tune from the same tuner for $100
My truck wouldn't shift out of 4th gear for 4-5 seconds and was just slamming redline until I took my foot off the gas.
Jay Greene keeps telling me he has done other Ram 1500s 2022s but everything I get from him is just terrible.

I'm about to eat the $500 I gave to him and just find another tuner.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I made another mistake and got a tranny tune from the same tuner for $100
My truck wouldn't shift out of 4th gear for 4-5 seconds and was just slamming redline until I took my foot off the gas.
Jay Greene keeps telling me he has done other Ram 1500s 2022s but everything I get from him is just terrible.

I'm about to eat the $500 I gave to him and just find another tuner.
I’ve used Jay for about 7 years now with absolutely zero problems or complaints.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious if going in person has been a factor for you guys with good outcomes? I've had bad experiences with email tuners as well. I'll likely only deal with a custom dyno tune in person in the near future.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just curious if going in person has been a factor for you guys with good outcomes? I've had bad experiences with email tuners as well. I'll likely only deal with a custom dyno tune in person in the near future.
Where I live there is no one to do tunes in person. I'm lucky to find a competent mechanic that can handle doing anything.
If the option for you to go in person and provide them the car to tune with a dyno that is huge plus, but don't forget tuning on a dyno and testing real world is a little different, you need both due to the way airflow would work..

I have had great experiences with email tuners, it's kind of random. My Mustang and Silverado had great email tunes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where I live there is no one to do tunes in person. I'm lucky to find a competent mechanic that can handle doing anything.
If the option for you to go in person and provide them the car to tune with a dyno that is huge plus, but don't forget tuning on a dyno and testing real world is a little different, you need both due to the way airflow would work..

I have had great experiences with email tuners, it's kind of random. My Mustang and Silverado had great email tunes.
So did you have a custom tune already, and were trying to basically get an update? You had said earlier that Jay told you he couldn't open up your custom trans tune initially, which makes it sound like already had someone else tune it, and were just trying to get updated tune. If that's the case, I wouldnt really expect a drastic difference if he was just tweaking an already tuned truck.

As far as other tuners, my Dakota was tuned by Hemifever when he was doing jtec tunes on SCT. And I have a local friend who just sends Diablotoona $50 a month and gets updates whenever he needs them, but that's on a 2018 Challenger .

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So did you have a custom tune already, and were trying to basically get an update? You had said earlier that Jay told you he couldn't open up your custom trans tune initially, which makes it sound like already had someone else tune it, and were just trying to get updated tune. If that's the case, I wouldnt really expect a drastic difference if he was just tweaking an already tuned truck.

As far as other tuners, my Dakota was tuned by Hemifever when he was doing jtec tunes on SCT. And I have a local friend who just sends Diablotoona $50 a month and gets updates whenever he needs them, but that's on a 2018 Challenger .
The only tunes I have had for my Ram are from Jay.
At the time of first getting the tunes he said that 2022s couldn't open my stock tranny tune with his software so I waited with just the ECM tune from Jay and stock TCM.
I then asked him a bit after if he could do the TCM and he said he could. I asked if he did other 2022s and he said he has, so either my truck is so god damn unique, or he hasn't done other 2022s except mine for the ECM and TCM.
The last response I got from him was "it seems the trans limiter isn't working on the 2022's."
Currently on TCM tune 6, and crossing my fingers it's solid.

I reverted it back to stock, and then applied the built in performance tune and it felt fine, as good or better then any of the 6 TCM tunes I have gotten so far.

I'm a computer guy not a car tuner so I will admit to not fully understanding everything that goes into it, but my experience is very odd and off putting to say the least. There's no way that the stock tunes on any truck could be better then someone who is doing a "custom tune"

My Ford used a SCT tuner for what it's worth.
I re-used my Diablo tuner for my Ram, if I didn't have one I think I would of gotten an HP tuner as those seemed to work better from what I hear.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the time of first getting the tunes he said that 2022s couldn't open my stock tranny tune with his software so I waited with just the ECM tune from Jay and stock TCM.
I then asked him a bit after if he could do the TCM and he said he could. I asked if he did other 2022s and he said he has, so either my truck is so god damn unique, or he hasn't done other 2022s except mine for the ECM and TCM.
The last response I got from him was "it seems the trans limiter isn't working on the 2022's."

I reverted it back to stock, and then applied the built in performance tune and it felt fine, as good or better then any of the 6 TCM tunes I have gotten so far.

I'm a computer guy not a car tuner so I will admit to not fully understanding everything that goes into it, but my experience is very odd and off putting to say the least. There's no way that the stock tunes on any truck could be better then someone who is doing a "custom tune"

I re-used my Diablo tuner for my Ram, if I didn't have one I think I would of gotten an HP tuner as those seemed to work better from what I hear.
I used HPTuners on my last 2 cars. The software is good, the tune was OK, but the sales aspect of the guy writing the tune was crap. I used Diablosport before that with their stock vehicle tune and the product and Summitracing were excellent. "Fastchip" was tuned well once and poor once before that, revealing my age... ;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm sure there were changes with the 22 models, and I can't imagine there are a while lot of people getting tunes for 5th gens. You could see about how TRXs are getting tuned, as there are probably more of them. And there are always anomalies when it comes to tuning as well. Some trucks just need different settings than most.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used HPTuners on my last 2 cars. The software is good, the tune was OK, but the sales aspect of the guy writing the tune was crap. I used Diablosport before that with their stock vehicle tune and the product and Summitracing were excellent. "Fastchip" was tuned well once and poor once before that, revealing my age... ;)
I have been tossing around the idea of HPTuners. I'm scared to mess up my engine though.

Users who are viewing this thread