5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo Pulsar Tuner ... is this it?

whosjk

Reaction score
I'm looking for a tuner for my 2020 1500 etorque hemi. Is this the model I need? Are there any tuners better than this right now? Is this the pulsar tuner that will allow me to control through the dash computer?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is not a pulsar. That is full Ecm swap and flash(tune). Yours is a 20 I would call and make sure that will work as I have heard 19 & 20s have some slight ecm changes.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
In the process of looking for the best tune for my 2020 ram big horn 4x4 5.7 etorque as well. I messaged a guy named Jay Greene who has been getting a lot of awesome mentions on here For tuning trucks. Hopefully he can help. I’ll let you know!

i am worried about the pulsar. A lot of people on here saying it throws codes and my buddy who has one that lives out of the US sent his back because he said it kept doing weird things to his car and it scared him. kept Going into limp mode and crap like that. Let me know what you find out too.
I just want something that’s safe and help a lot with the lag. Cheers!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^THIS! Stay FAR FAR AWAY from the Pulsar...nothing but trouble from what I've read over and over again on this forum.
But you have NO personal experience with it? Opinion with no personal experience helps no one.
I use one and have had no problems. It has done what I wanted it to do. It works for me, but that is just my experience. Others have not been so lucky.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
But you have NO personal experience with it? Opinion with no personal experience helps no one.
I use one and have had no problems. It has done what I wanted it to do. It works for me, but that is just my experience. Others have not been so lucky.
All one has to do is read all of the negative reviews to know it’s not a good solution. Not really rocket science my friend

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All one has to do is read all of the negative reviews to know it’s not a good solution. Not really rocket science my friend
If one states as fact that which they have no personal experience with, it is only opinion based on another's statement. And, as we see here, mostly those with problems post. So it seams that what we see here is a very small snapshot of the product and a very narrow view with experience based opinions, and hearsay based opinions. And we all know that hearsay is not admissible. https://edgeproducts.com/shop/pulsar-2019-ram-1500-5-7l-hemi has a different opinion of the product. So, if OP is looking at the product , my advice is to research it thoroughly, buy or don't based on HIS opinion. If it does not work as designed, he can always return it for a refund.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the process of looking for the best tune for my 2020 ram big horn 4x4 5.7 etorque as well. I messaged a guy named Jay Greene who has been getting a lot of awesome mentions on here For tuning trucks. Hopefully he can help. I’ll let you know!

i am worried about the pulsar. A lot of people on here saying it throws codes and my buddy who has one that lives out of the US sent his back because he said it kept doing weird things to his car and it scared him. kept Going into limp mode and crap like that. Let me know what you find out too.
I just want something that’s safe and help a lot with the lag. Cheers!
Any of the big 4 hemi tuners will do you right. As I’ve recently talked with jay & another(which hasn’t gotten back to me) so I continued with jay which I’ve chatted with few times before. After I felt I was getting no where with dealer and going to fix my truck myself.
Which atm Ram care/case manager had me return truck to fix it. Which I told him, said to just hold off On everything. Even ecm/tuner.
He’s a busy guy, especially with everyone else’s down time & keeping his small business afloat at the same. So not huge details back and forth in convo.
My end thought is unless your going full in no reason to do it. Full in—is at minimum ecm & tcm tuning together to fully maximize Torque management, gains, money spent. As it’s known tuned tcm is a forsure find and lose of powertrain warranty.
I do appreciate his time and honesty. So in the future when ever that maybe will be. He will be my go to guy to give my money to on cam upgrade and tuning.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Hey
Any of the big 4 hemi tuners will do you right. As I’ve recently talked with jay & another(which hasn’t gotten back to me) so I continued with jay which I’ve chatted with few times before. After I felt I was getting no where with dealer and going to fix my truck myself.
Which atm Ram care/case manager had me return truck to fix it. Which I told him, said to just hold off On everything. Even ecm/tuner.
He’s a busy guy, especially with everyone else’s down time & keeping his small business afloat at the same. So not huge details back and forth in convo.
My end thought is unless your going full in no reason to do it. Full in—is at minimum ecm & tcm tuning together to fully maximize Torque management, gains, money spent. As it’s known tuned tcm is a forsure find and lose of powertrain warranty.
I do appreciate his time and honesty. So in the future when ever that maybe will be. He will be my go to guy to give my money to on cam upgrade and tuning.
maybe i should just get pedal commander to help with the delay? Doe they void warranties? I came from a Durango 2018 rt so i wanted to try and get the truck a bit quicker. I don’t drive much at high speeds just looking for something with noticeably more pep that i can easily take on or off and not get in trouble by my dealership.

Medgas24

Reaction score
I have the pulsar tuner on my truck I ran with it for about 20k miles and it worked great but then it threw 8 codes and put the truck in limp mode. They said all you had to do was unplug it and it would fix everything but I had it at the dealership already so when they did was re-flash my computer then it was all fine. I called pulsar and they told me to send it in to fix it and they fixed it. It’s been back on my truck for about a month and so far I haven’t had any issues

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey

maybe i should just get pedal commander to help with the delay? Doe they void warranties? I came from a Durango 2018 rt so i wanted to try and get the truck a bit quicker. I don’t drive much at high speeds just looking for something with noticeably more pep that i can easily take on or off and not get in trouble by my dealership.
I would still hear jay out if you have reached out to him already. I have no issue with pedal commander, great add on. Maybe someday, just not for me in my end game atm. I would try a few other things first. Can give suggestions, not sure what your plans/money spent for this vehicle.

Main one- truck on engine off- 1 time foot On accelerator pedal to floor And back, start truck. See if that makes a difference. If it does, retrain it by aggressive low rpm/mph off stops runs on that key cycle and next one after. You’ll be surprised, other hand go back to how it was driven before so will delay.

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
My advise is stay away from the pulsar. I had one and worked great for 3 or 4 weeks then all hell broke loose and the truck became a Christmas tree and wanted to take off with full throttle when stopped.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Medgas24

Reaction score
I sent mine back to get fixed for all the codes it was throwing had it back on for a month and now throwing codes again it’s not worth the hassle

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I sent mine back to get fixed for all the codes it was throwing had it back on for a month and now throwing codes again it’s not worth the hassle
The sad part is that this forum got the Tazer guy to reprogram the way features are implemented so that it would work with the Pulsar. Got way overcomplicated based on cruise control functions and the Pulsar is crap. Should have left the Tazer well alone IMPO.

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
I just got the pedal commander for my 2020 5.7 bighorn etorque 4x4. I love it. I don’t even use the highest settings because honestly it’s too much for me. I just like that lag gone. Feels like my old rt durango now on sport. Maybe even faster. Feels like an entirely new car. Let both my buddies drive it yesterday with stock setting and city, sport and sport +. They couldn’t believe a 300 upgrade could do so much.
My buddy who test drive it has an f150 he’s about to get one now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
+1 for Pedal Commander.
It's been great, and zero issues. Dealer does not care either.

Users who are viewing this thread