5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diablo i3

Lrhodes

Reaction score
Did you ever get a tune from either?

I just ordered a i3+PCM and have been chatting with Jay, he's been VERY quick to respond. Planning on working with him later this week.

Not yet, Jay was on vacation and just opened back up yesterday, wanted to give some time,, his FB page him asking for space this week for those who need startup tunes.

Hemifever I've tried contacting through email, instagram, fb and have not got a response. I have a work truck so the Ram only comes out on weekends so I have not been really pushing to hard to get one. I can say the 93 octane tune definitely livened it up for now

chrisnack

Reaction score
I chatted with Jay a bunch on Facebook last night. Sean replied to me email this morning.

I’m waiting on my I3 to get shipped and then I will probably work with Jay. Just liked his interaction more at this point.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The big 4 are all great tuners. You won’t go wrong with any of them. Def give jay alittle time he is swamped

chrisnack

Reaction score
I3 should be here tomorrow and then I’ll work with Jay. Should be interesting to feel the results.

Hoping a side effect is improved gas mileage (when I’m not beating on it) as the e-torque has been terrible with about 16.5 mpg at 75mph.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how the custom tune works out, especially if it helps gas mileage

chrisnack

Reaction score
Received the i3 and unlocked PCM today.

Couldn't get a 87 tune loaded at first, so did a modified stock tune. Got that loaded finally and was able to get the truck started. Just took the stock tune and disabled MDS and auto start/stop.

However Uconnect is all messed up and missing all my options, so no seat controls, no running boards, no cameras, backup camera doesn't work either. So need to figure that out.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Well looks like this happens to Uconnect whenever you disconnect the battery, so that's fun. I will check in the morning and see if my options are back. Stupid you can't reset it

chrisnack

Reaction score
Sure enough, Uconnect was back to normal this morning, what a stupid system though.

I flashed everything this morning with the 87 Diablo tune and a perf trans tune. Sent all the files off to Jay @ Greene, he confirmed within a few minutes he got them. So we will see when the new tunes show up!

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Following on this. I plan to get this setup in the next few weeks. Interested to see the performance gains

chrisnack

Reaction score
Ok, so I had sent my stock files to Jay yesterday morning, i had tunes in my email by 10pm last night. I got the PCM and TCM tunes loaded into the vehicle a little bit ago and went for a drive. Very very smooth, the trans (TCM) tune is much better than stock. Truck feels a lot quicker, so I would say definitely worth it. I'm very curious to see if there is a MPG increase on highway, there wont' be around town as i'll be on it all the time :)

But with the stock calibration i was getting 16.5mpg doing 75mph on the highway, which kind of sucked. So we'll see if it's better with Jay's tune. If it's not, well at least i'm making more power all-around :)

The Diablo i3 is a nice little tuner, much better than the SCT X4 i've used multiple times in the past. I did make the mistake of not putting the stock files on before applying the custom tunes and it had trouble with the TCM file. It recovered and applied the stock PCM/TCM just fine and then i started over with the 91 octane PCM and TCM tune.

You will need to clear codes after the tune, it leaves a bunch, not sure why those don't get cleared out. And yes there are some permanent codes in there now as a result (i can see with another device). Not sure which one is the one dealer knows the PCM had been changed, but i'm not shocked that they can tell you replaced it. No biggie. Even though my truck is actually a lease, it won't be to the dealer until i turn the lease in (unless something major goes wrong).

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool!!! Keep us in the loop on your impressions. Tcm will be the one seen if any issues arise. Enjoy

chrisnack

Reaction score
I will be posting my I3 and PCM for sale shortly. Pulled them out of truck as I’m trading it in. Used them for a month.
If anyone is after one.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got ya, limited is heavy. I’m interested in what your going to ask for it lol

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what are the details of your trade? Original msrp, year, mileage, etc.

It's always good to know where you stand on things like this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread