5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device Not Supported

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely, don’t we all! Hopefully it’s at least covered under warranty for everyone or the hub is an easy, inexpensive repair.

WorthFlorida

Reaction score
The cable type has nothing to do with it. It says "device not supported" even when NOTHING is plugged into any USB ports. It's most certainly what OP found out -- the USB hub is toast.
Cables can be a big problem. At the device end is a micro chip and after market ones quality can be an issue. Before the device communicates to anything the cable must past muster. I have had several bad cables where they were fine then suddenly things don't work. I had one that made my iPhone go nuts and it would drain the battery in no time while trying to charge it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cables can be a big problem. At the device end is a micro chip and after market ones quality can be an issue. Before the device communicates to anything the cable must past muster. I have had several bad cables where they were fine then suddenly things don't work. I had one that made my iPhone go nuts and it would drain the battery in no time while trying to charge it.

Yikes. Is there any evidence that aftermarket cables could cause other electrical components to fail (like the usb hub in this case) other than just draining the battery?

BMem

Reaction score
For all of you who have experienced the "DEVICE NOT FOUND" error on their screen, the problem is the USB hub at the bottom of the center console. My 2019 was out of warranty when it failed. I found you can purchase the hub from Ram for about $40 and it is an easy install only removing a few bolts and pulling back the center console to get to it. Here are a couple pictures showing the "C" inputs that failed with horrible corrosion for no reason. No liquids ever touched this hub.

Attachments

• 20221205_135625.jpg
    20221205_135625.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20221205_135752.jpg
    20221205_135752.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 58

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all of you who have experienced the "DEVICE NOT FOUND" error on their screen, the problem is the USB hub at the bottom of the center console. My 2019 was out of warranty when it failed. I found you can purchase the hub from Ram for about $40 and it is an easy install only removing a few bolts and pulling back the center console to get to it. Here are a couple pictures showing the "C" inputs that failed with horrible corrosion for no reason. No liquids ever touched this hub.

Geez! Looks like they could do better weatherproofing from underneath or something. I’ve noticed a draft in the bottom console area of both of my Rams.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Get some Corrosion-X, spray or even the gun formula. It's amazing on electronics with corrosion and even water protection of electronics that aren't designed to be waterproof. RC people who use electronics in water having been using this stuff for a decade or two.

We run 100 mph electric RC boats in salt water, and Corrosion X is the reason why we can. It's like WD-40, but can waterproof electronics and even return damaged electronics to working order. We spray non-waterproof exposed circuit boards with this stuff and it makes them water resistant, even in salt water. It will also clean and make corroded electronic connectors work again.

Just buy a small can for $10-$20 bucks, spray all the corroded connectors. Let it sit a bit, down wipe down to clean off the corrosion. Then lightly spray again and leave wet, it will prevent that connection from corroding again and likely function again as well.

Amg169

Reaction score
My uconnect went into an endless loop of "Device Not Supported" pop ups.

Turned off phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) and even unplugged USB cable and it won't stop.

Even turned off my truck and restated. It won't stop.

Is this a known issue?
CRC QD Electronic cleaner worked for me. Spray it into the ports. It works

Users who are viewing this thread