5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device Not Supported

Buckys

Reaction score
My uconnect went into an endless loop of "Device Not Supported" pop ups.

Turned off phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) and even unplugged USB cable and it won't stop.

Even turned off my truck and restated. It won't stop.

Is this a known issue?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Look for other BT devices. Mine was tripping out because of a Square credit card reader... Clean your truck and empty it from any electronic devices...

Buckys

Reaction score
I unpaired all Bluetooth devices, which was just my phone. It is back at the dealership today .. initial speculation was that it might be the usb hub malfunctioning. Sounds like it is a known issue.

Buckys

Reaction score
It was the usb hub module. They replaced it and it works again. Maybe uconnect will improve their software error messaging to be a bit more specific

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was the usb hub module. They replaced it and it works again. Maybe uconnect will improve their software error messaging to be a bit more specific
What year is your truck? Yesterday, I tried to plug in a USB stick I just found out that they won't recognize it. 6 months ago, it worked fine in a 2015 Charger. I tried two other sticks in multiple ports and nothing there either.

Buckys

Reaction score
What year is your truck? Yesterday, I tried to plug in a USB stick I just found out that they won't recognize it. 6 months ago, it worked fine in a 2015 Charger. I tried two other sticks in multiple ports and nothing there either.
2021 Laramie

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been reading some complaints about USB issues and was hoping they fixed that issue with the '22 model year, but I guess not.

Buckys

Reaction score
Hopefully this was a one off issue and I'm not about to learn how many corners are getting cut at the factory to get the electronics needed to keep the production lines moving.

justinH

Reaction score
I have been dealing with this for over 2 months. It stopped for about 2 weeks, then came back. Dealership says that Mopar is aware of the problem, but doesn't have a fix for it, but will not allow them to just replace the entire unit. This is a warranty repair for 2019 1500 Limited. Have you guys had a dealership tell you they won't replace it? 16572115986397541603463047828380.jpg

outlaw24

Reaction score
I have had the same issue a few times ("Device Not Supported") on my 2021 Rebel EcoDiesel. I tried everything I could think of but the only thing that works for me is to remove power to the radio. I pull the yellow F44 fuse located in the fuse box under the steering column for a minute and then plug it in again. I will then get a security warning and will be asked to enter the code (I don't have a code) so I wait and then it asks to start the vehicle, so I do. After that I can connect the phone and everything works normally. I have had to do this probably 6 times in the last year (VERY annoying)!!!

Reverse

Reaction score
I have had the same issue in the past. Rebooting phone and restarting truck worked to fix it. Later I found that plugging my usb cable into a different port (on back of the console for instance) would also make phone connect again.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Where can I find the pin? I have a card with some numbers with my manual stuff. How many numbers is the radio pin? goo to know before I pull the fuse.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
This just started happening to me same as OP: non-fuggin-stop pop-ups of the "device not supported" when I have no devices even plugged into anything. Reading this thread it looks like it's going to the dealership for a USB hub...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Did you reformat the USB sticks in FAT32? No audio system in any vehicle will play any music on a UBS not formatted in FAT32.

You typically can't format (natively) 32GB or larger USB sticks in FAT32, you need to use software to do it, but it's pretty easy, quite a few free software lets you do that. I have a 64 GB in the RAM.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you reformat the USB sticks in FAT32? No audio system in any vehicle will play any music on a UBS not formatted in FAT32.

You typically can't format (natively) 32GB or larger USB sticks in FAT32, you need to use software to do it, but it's pretty easy, quite a few free software lets you do that. I have a 64 GB in the RAM.
Yes I did and got it to work. I also found out that it will work with it formatted to NTFS. I'm now using a 1Tb SSD formatted to NTFS connected via the USB-C. I have all my .flac lossless files on it and t works exactly like it should. I wanted it because I often go to meetings where it's handy to have a storage device for file transfers with architects and I can run out to my truck to use the extra storage. This is what I bought.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got lucky I guess. I just made sure to always start using the phone manufacturer usb cables (Apple, in my case) & haven’t had issues since. Aftermarket cables either only work for so long or don’t work at all & gave me the same prompts.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I got lucky I guess. I just made sure to always start using the phone manufacturer usb cables (Apple, in my case) & haven’t had issues since. Aftermarket cables either only work for so long or don’t work at all & gave me the same prompts.
The cable type has nothing to do with it. It says "device not supported" even when NOTHING is plugged into any USB ports. It's most certainly what OP found out -- the USB hub is toast.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In his case, yes. I’m not trying to help diagnose or suggest anything different than he already stated, just sharing that for me it was luckily an easier fix. Hence, the correct pronouns I used (“I” got lucky, “I” just made). Did this for ME on both my 21 & 22 models.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
In his case, yes. I’m not trying to help diagnose or suggest anything different than he already stated, just sharing that for me it was luckily an easier fix. Hence, the correct pronouns I used (“I” got lucky, “I” just made). Did this for ME on both my 21 & 22 models.
Ah, gotchya. I understand now. You didn't have any other posts in this thread, so your response didn't have much context until you explained what you meant. I wish it was just a cable problem because that would be stupendous.

Users who are viewing this thread