5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detailing

lawlavigne

Reaction score
What products are you guys using to keep your Ram looking nice? I recently bought a gallon of Tec582 ceramic detailing spray and have yet to use it.

daze513

Reaction score
Chemical guys, Meguiars, 303 Aerospace, Menzerna, to name a few. Along with proper washing and drying technique and paint preservation always in mind.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Chemical guys, Meguiars, 303 Aerospace, Menzerna, to name a few. Along with proper washing and drying technique and paint preservation always in mind.
When I finally get a day off work with decent weather I'm giving mine it's first complete detail. I'm going to foam cannon with some purple power, hand wash, iron and Tar remover, Clay bar, polish, then ceramic detail spray. Any experience with a good tire coating that doesn't sling everywhere?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I finally get a day off work with decent weather I'm giving mine it's first complete detail. I'm going to foam cannon with some purple power, hand wash, iron and Tar remover, Clay bar, polish, then ceramic detail spray. Any experience with a good tire coating that doesn't sling everywhere?
I like the Pinnacle stuff for my tires. Clean first with the rubber cleaner then apply the Black onyx tire dressing and there’s zero slinging even with two coats if you like the super wet look.
688FAE93-38DF-427E-8FB0-68679EDBBF44.jpeg

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One coat of Collinite 476S Super Double Coat Wax every six months. A coat of Collinite 845 Insulator Wax about once every three months or when I really want it to sparkle. The 476 is a thick paste wax that puts a very slick protective coating on the truck; it takes a little more time to put on and remove but it does a great job protecting the paint for long periods. The 845 is almost like a straight Carnuba Wax; it lasts a long time as well. The 845 really helps to bring out the metal flake in the paint and gives the truck a really deep shine. I used so many products over the years trying everything that reviewers said were the best. Then, after talking to some professional detailers; they recommended Collonite. Collinite is all that I will use now. The reason is quite simple; it protects. Some of the sealers, coatings and waxes look really good but wear off after a month or two. In addition, some of these products that look shiny do nothing to protect the paint. I guess I'm old school; but I still believe a thick coating of wax is best to protect the finish.
For windows: Invisible glass.
Wash Soap: Turtle Wax Ice Wash (when I can find it). Turtle Wax Zip Wax or Mequire's Gold Class Wash when I'm out of Turtle Wax Ice Wash. For the record: I have tried Griots Brilliant Finish Car Wash and it sucks; it doesn't remove dirt and grime.
Protectant : 303 Aerospace (it is amazing and worth the money).
Interior Leather: A damp cloth with warm water like MOPAR recommends.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Losing battle with winter driving on country roads around here. I did a minor paint correction and ceramic coat with all Adams products last summer and pay $44 a month for unlimited car washes at our best local place. I shoot for twice a week. Truck looks brand new coming out of there. Yea, it's harsh chemicals, potential scratches etc but the ceramic provides a tough sacrificial layer. Come spring / summer I'll paint correct again, new ceramic, rinse & repeat. I tend to have more time for hand washes and more TLC in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blubyu

Reaction score
Rupes Mark III
M105 and M205
Crystal Serum Light
Beadmaker for maintenance

lawlavigne

Reaction score
While I've heard using purple power as an initial wash to strip old wax and grime off. What are you guys using as a maintenance wash after you've used wax/polish/ceramic detail and applied to truck?

blubyu

Reaction score
While I've heard using purple power as an initial wash to strip old wax and grime off. What are you guys using as a maintenance wash after you've used wax/polish/ceramic detail and applied to truck?

While Im not a fan boy like a lot of folks of all their stuff I really like Adams Car Shampoo.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
While this would work, it's overkill and not necessary for stripping old wax.

Just use Dawn soap to wash and you'll be fine.
You could use 50/50 IPA solution to wipe the surface before applying new products, but this usually necessary if you have old paint and layer upon layer of waxes, sealants, etc. Don't over think it :)

After applying your favorite wax, you could use an SiO2 detail spray to maintain. For base layer Collinite is great. Another favorite of mine is Megs M21 sealant.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I'm only considering the purple power because this will be the first detail since I bought the truck. So no telling how contaminated the surface is from delivery to the dealer and with how long it sat on the lot. I've heard good things about collinite wax so I may do that then use the Tech 582 ceramic detail spray for a sealant. I have McGuire's Gold wash to use afterwards for maintenance washes that won't strip the sealant.

daze513

Reaction score
Recently tried the new Meguiar’s line of ceramic wax and Detailer in spray form. Really great finish and application was simple. I recommend it if your looking to add protection that won’t require too much elbow grease. Water is breading very nicely.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I spent about 6 hours today on my truck. Initial stripping wash, iron and Tar remover, another wash and dry. Then clay bar and ceramic spray. My arms hurt lol. Moving forward with maintenance wash and ceramic spraying every few months will be much easier. The Tec582 ceramic detailing spray went on easy and looks great. Will post pics tomorrow.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I didn't do a polish before the ceramic spraying which I hope I won't regret but there was no way I could do that after hours of going at it

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went ahead and paint corrected and applied gtechniq ceramic last summer and it’s been doing really well. To keep it clean during winter been using meguiars soap, aerospace 303, and some generic tire shine. Probably looking at adding P&S bead maker as a top coat.

blubyu

Reaction score
I went ahead and paint corrected and applied gtechniq ceramic last summer and it’s been doing really well. To keep it clean during winter been using meguiars soap, aerospace 303, and some generic tire shine. Probably looking at adding P&S bead maker as a top coat.

Beadmaker is awesome as a topper for ceramic coating. Watch the humidity when applying though as it can make it a ***** to wipe off.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beadmaker is awesome as a topper for ceramic coating. Watch the humidity when applying though as it can make it a ***** to wipe off.
Appreciate the tip!

SlowPoke

Reaction score
I have been happy with Jax wax products. Everything they have seems to do a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online