5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detailing Questions and Recommendations

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I use a 725 cfm/140 mph leaf blower and it works better than my 340 cfm/260 mph leaf blower. So cfm > mph. That said it's still not great for drying after washing. I use a silicone water blade to get most of the water off, then absorber towel and finish nooks and crannies with the leaf blower.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Carwashers

They dont use DI water and barely filter the water. Most carwashes reclaim their wash/ rinse water and reuse it so you're getting a car wash with dirty water
The smell of that water at somes places is f’in gross.

Sjay

Reaction score
I use a Milwaukee blower - the larger one and it works pretty good. After I am done with the blower I use a wooly mammoth towel from Chemical Guys to finish drying the truck. Works very well.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can’t comment on the deionizer thing.
But for drying, I use a 500cfm Stihl backpack blower and it dries things pretty quickly. I have a small Dewalt battery operated blower, but I imagine it would take forever to dry the truck. I would recommend “the bigger the better”.
Only complaint with the backpack blower is that I have a hard time reaching over the hood (forget the roof - way too high). So a small stepladder is necessary to reach everything.
Good description of the restrictions of the back pack blower.

Users who are viewing this thread