5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detailing and Waxing

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Your truck looks fantastic and it looks like Cornelio really does things the "right way" by your description of his process for removing the overspray. To be clear, I am in no way trying to minimize his work, I just want to help you understand what was applied. That Magna Shine SiO2 Spray Sealant is not a true "ceramic coat". Ceramic Coating is much more than a spray on wipe off type product. It usually requires a multi-step process where hardeners are used and an extended curing time. The products used on your truck should last you about 6 months, similar to a high quality wax. Carpro Reload is an excellent product. It is meant to be a topper and used between washes to maintain a ceramic coated vehicle. I'm sure the combination of the products Cornelio used provided a great end result as evidenced by your pictures. But these products will not last more than 6 months or so, so be sure to reapply. Now that the pesky overspray is gone, maintaining your truck will be so much easier and more enjoyable!
Thanks I agree, my paint felt like sandpaper I was very upset with it, my concern was getting the real paint back. Cornelio really accomplished that goal. My truck was going to a good carnauba wax and I asked what was better than that. I also asked about Ceramic , he told me this is a 6-8 month coat I'll be doing it again in that time frame. My truck spends its like in the driveway with the Houston roasting Sun. I bought in 9/2019 a cover from Car Cover World, THE Weathershield HD. I just looked at the receipt in my Gmail folder. $675.00 I've never used it yet. wasted $. I think it will be useful in the event of hail. I will look into a better ceramic, its really hard to get through all the BS on these products. I watched a few on youtube and watch them again, maybe I find one worth purchasing and have Cornelio apply it. I really like to get a year+. The brushless carwash still works it off. He brought to my attention when I get on the rail in neutral tell them No Bucket Brush on my car. Looking at those brushes they are not pigs hair, they are polyester bristle. That won't happen again. I'm so happy with the beautiful shine, Cornelio told me wait if we get rain Friday, look at the truck, no water will sit on it. That would be awesome.

wc116

Reaction score
For daily drivers, my "winter wax" is Collinite Insulator Wax 845. This year I have started using Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions product line and I plan to top off the coat of Collinite with Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating. I've been pretty impressed with that product so far. My truck is ceramic coated so I use some different products to maintain that.

collinite for winter, very easy to apply and wipe off. A little goes a long way. I just put on Adams graphene ceramic spray coating. I put it on everything plastics, wheels and windows it seems to work great also.

drbobvs

Reaction score
Coming from someone who lives in the NE and used EVERYTHING in the past 30 years, If you dont mind polishing every 2-3 months then TW ICE SPRAY WAX or TW SEAL & SHINE are great, decent lasting, easy to use finishes. If you like liquid then Collinite 845 is the way to go. But really, ceramic coatings will last the longest and aren't necessarily any harder to apply. Here's a great, unbiased video on the most popular ones. I just did 3 out of 4 of my vehicles with TW Hybrid solutions ($15 at Wamart) in prep for the coming winter. We'll see how long they last.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The best thing you could do is wash, decontaminate, paint correct and ceramic coat. Real ceramic coating is amazing for long term protection and durability. Though the proper process can take while and can be expensive if done professionally.

However, if you want something easy & cheap and still good. Wash and spray way with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray. It's the best $15 you could spend, works on all painted surfaces, clear lenses and plastic trim.

For best and easy results, instead of simply spraying and wiping. Apply first on applicator pad, wipe down one panel at a time. Then use a separate microfiber towel to wipe & buff. After you do all the paint & clear lenses. Then apply to all the plastic trim, you do not need to buff off on the trim.

Last edited:

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine is definitely the best bang for the buck.

I just tried out the new 303 Aero Graphene spray which is super easy to use, can go over existing coatings, and takes no curing time (ceramic coatings usually take 48 hours and you cannot get them wet). So I think these new Graphene Oxide coatings are going to be the new best product going forward.

We'll see how it goes.

jth877

Reaction score
I must say I'm a little surprised at the amount of posters using TW products. They were considered complete garbage not too long ago. Maybe they got better. Can't stress enough that whatever you choose that the paint prep is good. Even brand new vehicles come with fallout imbedded in the paint and if buying off the lot they often have a lot of contaminates and light scratches.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I must say I'm a little surprised at the amount of posters using TW products. They were considered complete garbage not too long ago. Maybe they got better. Can't stress enough that whatever you choose that the paint prep is good. Even brand new vehicles come with fallout imbedded in the paint and if buying off the lot they often have a lot of contaminates and light scratches.

Absolutely, I thought the same except for one product, their Zip car wash which allowed me to wash my vehicles in the sun. I could even let it dry completely for even an hour, and it would still rinse off clean.

As for the new Turtle Wax offerings, they really took it to another level. There are tons of professional who have had great results with them, enough for me to actually switch over from more premium brands. I never thought I would be using a Turtle Wax spray wax, but I absolutely swear by it.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Absolutely, I thought the same except for one product, their Zip car wash which allowed me to wash my vehicles in the sun. I could even let it dry completely for even an hour, and it would still rinse off clean.

As for the new Turtle Wax offerings, they really took it to another level. There are tons of professional who have had great results with them, enough for me to actually switch over from more premium brands. I never thought I would be using a Turtle Wax spray wax, but I absolutely swear by it.

Yup TW is now a real player in the market and definitely the best bang for the buck. Their ICE Seal and Shine combined with the Spray Wax for touch ups is hard to beat. Make sure you get the bottles that say Improved Formula in Yellow as that added UV protection.

Users who are viewing this thread