5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detailed parts diagram for the 5th gen 1500?

GM26J

Reaction score
I've looked around but haven't been able to find a complete, detailed parts diagram for the 5th gen 1500. Does it come with the shop manual? I plan to order one of those shortly (hoping a 2021 version comes out soon).

Various sites that sell Mopar parts tend to only identify a single part of assembly, but I want everything.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you need all of that, your best bet might be to buy a license to alldata or mitchell1. You could save all of it electronically and cancel your plan, or just keep paying monthly. I’ve never been a fan of the paper shop manuals. They’re expensive and never get updated. Mitchell has real fix info with actual shops that submitted their troubleshooting techniques/fixes, and gets frequent updates.

GM26J

Reaction score
If you need all of that, your best bet might be to buy a license to alldata or mitchell1. You could save all of it electronically and cancel your plan, or just keep paying monthly. I’ve never been a fan of the paper shop manuals. They’re expensive and never get updated. Mitchell has real fix info with actual shops that submitted their troubleshooting techniques/fixes, and gets frequent updates.
Thanks, I'll check those out as I'm not familiar with them. And I don't mind paying for a parts copy that gets old as it's usually not hard to find superseded info. I'd like it to be electronic for easier searching.

But I actually like the paper shop manuals for service as I can lay the book out next to where I'm working. Guess it's just what I got used to doing many years ago.

GM26J

Reaction score
Just looked at ALLDATA. The service info isn't bad but it has limited parts data. For example, it will show you the locations of the various harnesses in the truck, but no part numbers if you wanted to actually order a harness. And in case anyone is interested in this as a service resource, $20 gets you a month's subscription but there isn't an easy way to save a copy for later reference. You could print anything you display to PDF and save it that way, but not too practical with hundreds of pages.

I'll look at Mitchell1 later. And if anyone has the manual from Tech Authority and can let me know what part info is in there, I'd appreciate it.

Ratchet

Reaction score
GM26J, specifically what parts are you looking for? I have access to Mitchell and don't mind looking around for you.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked at ALLDATA. The service info isn't bad but it has limited parts data. For example, it will show you the locations of the various harnesses in the truck, but no part numbers if you wanted to actually order a harness. And in case anyone is interested in this as a service resource, $20 gets you a month's subscription but there isn't an easy way to save a copy for later reference. You could print anything you display to PDF and save it that way, but not too practical with hundreds of pages.

I'll look at Mitchell1 later. And if anyone has the manual from Tech Authority and can let me know what part info is in there, I'd appreciate it.
Mitchell1 is the same and you have to save to pdf, which is time intensive. Dealers also use electronic shop manuals now.

No shop manuals I’ve seen in the last 20 or so years listed part numbers. Which ones have you seen that do?

GM26J

Reaction score
GM26J, specifically what parts are you looking for? I have access to Mitchell and don't mind looking around for you.
Appreciate it! I have an opportunity to pick up a set of power running board but whoever took them off didn't remove the harnesses, the controller, and there's an empty plug in the kit that gets used somewhere. I'm trying to figure out what the missing parts would cost versus $1440 for the whole thing new from the dealer.

GM26J

Reaction score
Mitchell1 is the same and you have to save to pdf, which is time intensive. Dealers also use electronic shop manuals now.

No shop manuals I’ve seen in the last 20 or so years listed part numbers. Which ones have you seen that do?
The shop manuals I work with most are Mazda and while they don't usually include part numbers, full exploded part diagrams with the numbers are readily available. Plus any web source for those parts typically has all the pns. Mopar sites all seem to run of the same basic database engine and there's very little info.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Appreciate it! I have an opportunity to pick up a set of power running board but whoever took them off didn't remove the harnesses, the controller, and there's an empty plug in the kit that gets used somewhere. I'm trying to figure out what the missing parts would cost versus $1440 for the whole thing new from the dealer.
I looked around in Mitchell1 a bit. For a 21MY, info regarding accessories is very limited at the moment. It does give an R&R procedure, but no part numbers are mentioned for the module or harnesses.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked around in Mitchell1 a bit. For a 21MY, info regarding accessories is very limited at the moment. It does give an R&R procedure, but no part numbers are mentioned for the module or harnesses.
Yeah, mitchell and alldata both are good for oem stuff, but on some things it might not show it unless you chose a trim level that had it standard.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Yeah, mitchell and alldata both are good for oem stuff, but on some things it might not show it unless you chose a trim level that had it standard.
Yeah, I tried a few different model options and even dropped down a few years and still no dice.

GM26J

Reaction score
Appreciate looking for me, Ratchet. Seems strange for a manufacturer of something with lots of parts to make it difficult for customers to buy those parts. Especially since the best margin is on the small accessories and not the big pieces.

I'm also searching for collision diagrams that insurance adjusters use. Those typically have a lot of parts listed to help speed up writing the claim.

I have tracked down the controller module - 68275941AF in case anyone is looking.

I wonder what the dealers use?

GM26J

Reaction score
Just to post for anyone searching in the future. The power running board harness for the 2021 1500 Quad Cab is pn 68422689AC and in the PRB kit I purchased the same part number was on both pieces so I'm assuming it's only sold that way. The controller module is 68275941AE. About $200/$175 respectively. So keep that in mind if someone is selling PRBs without those items.

Didn't have any part number on the grey plug that's also part of the kit but you'll need it also.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to post for anyone searching in the future. The power running board harness for the 2021 1500 Quad Cab is pn 68422689AC and in the PRB kit I purchased the same part number was on both pieces so I'm assuming it's only sold that way. The controller module is 68275941AE. About $200/$175 respectively. So keep that in mind if someone is selling PRBs without those items.

Didn't have any part number on the grey plug that's also part of the kit but you'll need it also.
This might help find the gray connector.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The grey connector shell that would be missing is Yazaki 7283-8398-40. It is the connector that plugs into the C1 port on the power side step module.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The grey connector shell that would be missing is Yazaki 7283-8398-40. It is the connector that plugs into the C1 port on the power side step module.
Can tou tell me what the part number is for the uninsulated molex-type female spade connectors that go in pins 21 and 22 in the main connector on back of the 12” infotainment unit? I have alpine, but I doubt that matters.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can tou tell me what the part number is for the uninsulated molex-type female spade connectors that go in pins 21 and 22 in the main connector on back of the 12” infotainment unit? I have alpine, but I doubt that matters.
TE Connectivity 638551-2
638551-3 if that one is out of stock b

GM26J

Reaction score
TE Connectivity 638551-2
638551-3 if that one is out of stock b
Thanks for all this info Jimmy. One more I'd ask your help with.

On my PRBs one of the plugs on the board motor came with the shell crushed so I need to replace it. I think it's a Deutsch DT 4-pin but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

20211109_174350.jpg

Mopar appears to make a pigtail replacement (68225123AA) but wants $50 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread