5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Detailed owners manual?

Humphammer

Reaction score
Asks for an owners manual. Doesn't say what year his truck is to the people responding to give a direct link to, talks smack. Yep we are on the internet.

Maybe next time make sure you get the manual when you buy your truck like everyone else, or a quick Google search for what you want as you would fine it.
View attachment 177695
I bet your chest was sticking out and you had a bulge in your shorts when you typed that out didn't you tough guy. Maybe next time read the entire thread before adding your two cents worth and you'd know I got a manual with my truck (not that it's a great deal of help) as well as to see who started the smack talk.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bet your chest was sticking out and you had a bulge in your shorts when you typed that out didn't you tough guy. Maybe next time read the entire thread before adding your two cents worth and you'd know I got a manual with my truck, as well as to see who started the smack talk.
I read the thread. You gave some half-as* original post and got angry when people poked holes in it.

Is there anywhere you can find a more detailed owner's manual than the one that came with the truck? For a vehicle that has as much technology as the Ram limited has the owner's manual does a **** poor job of explaining how things work. Thanks in advance for any help.
You didn't even read the owners manual and you complain about it and talk smack about Ram, who for this "issue" did nothing wrong and it was your error.

Humphammer

Reaction score
I read the thread. You gave some half-as* original post and got angry when people poked holes in it.

You didn't even read the owners manual and you complain about it and talk smack about Ram, who for this "issue" did nothing wrong and it was your error.
I read the manual that came with my truck from cover to cover. The manual that came with the Ram trucks prior to the 2024 model was a good 1 to 1 and a half inches thick and gave a good explanation of how things worked. The one with the 2024 model is maybe a quarter inch thick and is more of a quick start guide. It shows multiple buttons and switches and says absolutely nothing about the operation of those buttons and switches. If you had read all the responses, you'd know that.

My manual tells me to contact www.techauthority.com if I want a hard copy. I did and they will send me one for $50. An $81,000 truck should have a detailed manual without you having to pay 50 bucks and have to wait a week to 10 days for it to be shipped to you. Not everyone uses a phone as a computer and I damn sure can't get this desktop in my truck. If you're good with a digital copy on a computer screen, good for you, I'm not.

HSK RT put a picture of his manual from a 2020 Ram with instructions on downloading to a computer a digital copy assuming my manual was just like his, which it is not, followed by a smart comment of "I'd know that if I read my manual". He then continued to push the envelope after cerbo had already responded with the digital copy. So, I didn't start the smack talk.

Doesn't read the entire thread, talks smack, yep, we're on the internet.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read the manual that came with my truck from cover to cover. The manual that came with the Ram trucks prior to the 2024 model was a good 1 to 1 and a half inches thick and gave a good explanation of how things worked. The one with the 2024 model is maybe a quarter inch thick and is more of a quick start guide. It shows multiple buttons and switches and says absolutely nothing about the operation of those buttons and switches. If you had read all the responses, you'd know that.

My manual tells me to contact www.techauthority.com if I want a hard copy. I did and they will send me one for $50. An $81,000 truck should have a detailed manual without you having to pay 50 bucks and have to wait a week to 10 days for it to be shipped to you. Not everyone uses a phone as a computer and I damn sure can't get this desktop in my truck. If you're good with a digital copy on a computer screen, good for you, I'm not.

HSK RT put a picture of his manual from a 2020 Ram with instructions on downloading to a computer a digital copy assuming my manual was just like his, which it is not, followed by a smart comment of "I'd know that if I read my manual". He then continued to push the envelope after cerbo had already responded with the digital copy. So, I didn't start the smack talk.

Since you didn't post the model year of your truck, you left it up to everyone else to just guess with their responses. If you actually want correct answers, and avoid smart asses like me,.provide all the info so people can actually help.

Humphammer

Reaction score
Since you didn't post the model year of your truck, you left it up to everyone else to just guess with their responses. If you actually want correct answers, and avoid smart asses like me,.provide all the info so people can actually help.
Sorry, I guess I assumed that because I was new to the forum and new to Ram and that I was throwing shade on Ram that people would assume I had purchased a new 2024 truck instead of a used one. I guess just like you assumed that my manual was like yours. I liked your first reply, and had you just posted the picture out of your manual on your second reply I would have replied that mine didn't have that page. But alas for some reason you thought it would be helpful to add a snide remark. As I said it's all good cerbo answered my question without the necessary info, so kudos and thanks to him. I didn't intend to ruffle your feathers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I assumed that because I was new to the forum and new to Ram and that I was throwing shade on Ram that people would assume I had purchased a new 2024 truck instead of a used one. I guess just like you assumed that my manual was like yours. I liked your first reply, and had you just posted the picture out of your manual on your second reply I would have replied that mine didn't have that page. But alas for some reason you thought it would be helpful to add a snide remark. As I said it's all good cerbo answered my question without the necessary info, so kudos and thanks to him. I didn't intend to ruffle your feathers.
Seems the only one with ruffled feathers is you

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck came with that 1/4 inch thick "Essential information guide"

From the beginning of page 6 it states:
"Vehicle user guide - if equipped"
"Access your owners information - right thru your Uconnect 4C or 4C NAV radio - if equipped"
"Push Uconnect apps button, then push vehicle user guide button"

No QR code here. YMYMW.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Go back to where you brough the truck from and ask for the owners manual. They will provide one to you, it's part of the truck.
Yes if you go to techauthority which is not who you bought the truck from they are going to charge you for manuals.

Humphammer

Reaction score
Go back to where you brough the truck from and ask for the owners manual. They will provide one to you, it's part of the truck.
Yes if you go to techauthority which is not who you bought the truck from they are going to charge you for manuals.
I have figured out by trial and error plus reading off the digital manual cerbo posted most of the features I was unclear on. I bought the truck in Winston-Salem North Carolina some 250 miles from my house. Perhaps they will ship me one but IMO it should be provided by Ram with the purchase of the vehicle instead of having to go through a third party.

Thanks

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have figured out by trial and error plus reading off the digital manual cerbo posted most of the features I was unclear on. I bought the truck in Winston-Salem North Carolina some 250 miles from my house. Perhaps they will ship me one but IMO it should be provided by Ram with the purchase of the vehicle instead of having to go through a third party.

Thanks
I think if you called the selling dealer they wouldn't give you much of a problem.
My 22 came with the owners manual, and a couple of the quick start ones you seem to be referring to.

As far as I can tell it's a federal law to provide an owner's manual on purchase of a new car. It's a lot of odd verbiage so hard to find the exact one.

cerbo

Reaction score
I just sent my dealer an e mail that I wanted a hard copy of the full manual. I won t hold my breath, LOL.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Are you sure about that? Over the last few years, a lot of manufacturers have been deleting the paper manuals from their vehicles. Most Luddites don't like this move, but it works for me. I can't remember the last time I used a paper manual because it's so much easier to find information on a .pdf manual. There is no federal law that requires a manufacturer to provide a paper manual.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? Over the last few years, a lot of manufacturers have been deleting the paper manuals from their vehicles. Most Luddites don't like this move, but it works for me. I can't remember the last time I used a paper manual because it's so much easier to find information on a .pdf manual. There is no federal law that requires a manufacturer to provide a paper manual.
I'm not 100% sure. There are a handful of laws that require written warranty verbiage, and I don't think the quickstart manual would have those.
40 CFR § 85.2109 - Inclusion of warranty provisions in owners' manuals and warranty booklets.
I think it might be a case of "oh you didn't get one? Our bad we will order a replacement for you"

I use my paper manual for oil changes on cars, or if I am already working on a car\truck.

U

User_3336

I bet your chest was sticking out and you had a bulge in your shorts when you typed that out didn't you tough guy. Maybe next time read the entire thread before adding your two cents worth and you'd know I got a manual with my truck (not that it's a great deal of help) as well as to see who started the smack talk.
smack.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure. There are a handful of laws that require written warranty verbiage, and I don't think the quickstart manual would have those.
40 CFR § 85.2109 - Inclusion of warranty provisions in owners' manuals and warranty booklets.
I think it might be a case of "oh you didn't get one? Our bad we will order a replacement for you"

I use my paper manual for oil changes on cars, or if I am already working on a car\truck.

An electronic manual covers the requirements.

Humphammer

Reaction score
I highly doubt a luddite would buy a Ram Limited Elite one of the most technologically advanced trucks on the planet. I am certainly not one and if anything, I am the opposite. I love new tech and want to know everything about what my new truck does. I simply despise trying to read it off a my i-phone. I am 6'6" 265 with large hands and fat fingers. My up-close vision is not as good as it was 20 years ago and many times the pages don't fit on the phone screen making you have to constantly try to move it to see what you are looking for.

The book that came with the truck says owners handbook. It's not a quick start guide although it might as well be. It is 70 pages long. It devotes 3 pages to the Uconnect system. For example, it says My Profile......customize features such as voice options, notification pop-ups and much more. That's it, no explanation of how to do it, just that you can do it. The hard copy owner's manual is 415 pages long and goes into detail on how to operate each system.

Most of the tech you use every day is no problem, but there are things that you only use occasionally that you will forget. It would be nice to have a detailed explanation to keep handy in the glovebox for future reference, and Ram should provide that without expecting someone who just purchased their product to fork over an extra $50 to learn how to use it. And it's not the $50, after all I just forked over tens of thousands for the truck, it's the principal of it. JMO

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I highly doubt a luddite would buy a Ram Limited Elite one of the most technologically advanced trucks on the planet. I am certainly not one and if anything, I am the opposite. I love new tech and want to know everything about what my new truck does. I simply despise trying to read it off a my i-phone. I am 6'6" 265 with large hands and fat fingers. My up-close vision is not as good as it was 20 years ago and many times the pages don't fit on the phone screen making you have to constantly try to move it to see what you are looking for.

The book that came with the truck says owners handbook. It's not a quick start guide although it might as well be. It is 70 pages long. It devotes 3 pages to the Uconnect system. For example, it says My Profile......customize features such as voice options, notification pop-ups and much more. That's it, no explanation of how to do it, just that you can do it. The hard copy owner's manual is 415 pages long and goes into detail on how to operate each system.

Most of the tech you use every day is no problem, but there are things that you only use occasionally that you will forget. It would be nice to have a detailed explanation to keep handy in the glovebox for future reference, and Ram should provide that without expecting someone who just purchased their product to fork over an extra $50 to learn how to use it. And it's not the $50, after all I just forked over tens of thousands for the truck, it's the principal of it. JMO

You're not alone. A lot of guys don't like this change, but you're going to have to adapt or cough up $50, because the manufacturers are not going to supply paper manuals any longer. Ford dumped the paper manual in their F150's back in 2021. I'm not sure about Chevy/GMC, but if they haven't switched over, they will soon.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The full paper owners manual came with my 23 but it looks like in 24 they are providing a printed ~70 page "Owner's Handbook" and you must download the full ~400 page owner's manual. The handbook looks like it include just the essentials you might need while in the vehicle and leaves out all the FYI information.

Personally, I don't care much about the printed version. Although, I still have the printed manual for my first car, a 1970 Barracuda.

Humphammer

Reaction score
You're not alone. A lot of guys don't like this change, but you're going to have to adapt or cough up $50, because the manufacturers are not going to supply paper manuals any longer. Ford dumped the paper manual in their F150's back in 2021. I'm not sure about Chevy/GMC, but if they haven't switched over, they will soon.
They must be getting their direction from the insurance industry. Increase premiums and decrease benefits. It seems to be the way of the world these days.

Humphammer

Reaction score
The full paper owners manual came with my 23 but it looks like in 24 they are providing a printed ~70 page "Owner's Handbook" and you must download the full ~400 page owner's manual. The handbook looks like it include just the essentials you might need while in the vehicle and leaves out all the FYI information.

Personally, I don't care much about the printed version. Although, I still have the printed manual for my first car, a 1970 Barracuda.
Nice first car! I wish I still had mine a 1967 Camaro. We didn't need much of a manual for those cars. Mine had a heater, astro-ventilation, a one speaker AM radio and crank up windows. I am not sure I ever looked at my manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread