5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deploy side step puzzle

MSgt Van

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited had always deployed the side step when door was opened, and then retracted it after all doors were closed (step programmed to auto deploy).
Yesterday early a.m. I was putzing with deploy/retract button under controls menu. I closed the menu and went about my day. I noticed that the step would then deploy when I put the truck in park and they'd stay out until the truck was put into gear. They'd stay deployed when the truck was off. Not sure what I did, but today they're working as in the past. Did I fumble on a super-secret button push or something yesterday? Can't find anything in the manual. I kinda liked the "new" mode.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not sure if I am following you correctly but when i want the side steps to stay deployed...I put the truck in Park and then hit the powerstep button in settings. turn the truck off and get out...steps stay deployed until i get back in the truck and hit the button again.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like the door sensor went.
Are the lights staying on?
When you move or shut the door the steps will retract

There is also a stow button to keep them in, and another button to manually deploy them.

MSgt Van

Reaction score
not sure if I am following you correctly but when i want the side steps to stay deployed...I put the truck in Park and then hit the powerstep button in settings. turn the truck off and get out...steps stay deployed until i get back in the truck and hit the button again.
Thanks for that tidbit of intel. I'll see if that recreates what I was experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread