5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dented Rear bumper!!!!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like nburd said, I've never seen a dent taken completely out of a bumper, and I've been around since vacuum shift and knee action and they still made a car called the Nash.

I had a small dent in the rear bumper of my 2010 and my body shop guy said, "no way" would it look like new. Said he'd try for a couple of hundred. Took the hit on the deductible and had a new one installed.

Too bad and sorry to hear the story.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 038990 miles.

STR

Reaction score
That stinks... probably best to just replace it. Try checking salvage yards. I noticed that the dent is close to your tailpipe... Make sure that there is no exhaust damage. My wife’s Jeep was hit in the rear. There was just a small mark on one of the tips, but the force cracked a flange on the manifold.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That stinks... probably best to just replace it. Try checking salvage yards. I noticed that the dent is close to your tailpipe... Make sure that there is no exhaust damage. My wife’s Jeep was hit in the rear. There was just a small mark on one of the tips, but the force cracked a flange on the manifold.
Ouch. When I went under my truck everything looked ok but I'll double check. Thanks for the heads up!

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Body areas can be repaired, bumpers not so much. Work trucks I would fix on my own as they were work trucks, personal I simply replaced. Thick metal and chrome will never look the same. Never cared about the work trucks as employees do dumb things.

STR

Reaction score
Ouch. When I went under my truck everything looked ok but I'll double check. Thanks for the heads up!
Good to hear. Good luck getting it repair. Any video cameras in the parking lot? It’d be nice to catch the person who did this... No way they didn’t know that they hit your truck with a dent like that...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to hear. Good luck getting it repair. Any video cameras in the parking lot? It’d be nice to catch the person who did this... No way they didn’t know that they hit your truck with a dent like that...
Thank you. No, the only cameras this business plaza had was inside of the store. They definitely knew they hit my truck...that's why they sped off so fast lol. The weird thing is that there wasn't any paint transfer...almost makes me wonder if it was vandalism with something other than a car ...smh.

TeePea

Reaction score
Thank you. No, the only cameras this business plaza had was inside of the store. They definitely knew they hit my truck...that's why they sped off so fast lol. The weird thing is that there wasn't any paint transfer...almost makes me wonder if it was vandalism with something other than a car ...smh.
I know this thread is a bit old, but just wondering what you ended up doing with your bumper? I have an almost exact dent in the same location on my bumper. Only difference is that it's painted (black) like the rest of the truck. I'm going to try and carefully hammer it out, but expect to replace it eventually. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230228_190623609.jpg
    PXL_20230228_190623609.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 25

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see them listed on craigslist quite often. I think there is a place somewhere here in Michigan, that does the rear boxes for phone and cable company trucks, that sells beds and bumpers.

TeePea

Reaction score
I see them listed on craigslist quite often. I think there is a place somewhere here in Michigan, that does the rear boxes for phone and cable company trucks, that sells beds and bumpers.
Thank you. I'll check out those options!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Time to upgrade to aftermarket. These bumpers are crap. A deer crumed my front bumper like a beer can. I hit one in a Jeep with an aftermarket bumper and it did not phase it.

Users who are viewing this thread