5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delighted Family Member

Ruffone

Reaction score
Hey guys, four time Ram owner here. I just traded in my black 2006 Ram 2500 quad cab SLT Sport 4x4 5.7 hemi in on a new Black Edition 2019 Ram 2500 crew cab Laramie 4x4 6.4 hemi with the off-road package. Man is the 8-speed tranny in this heads above the 5-speed tranny in my 2006.

My 2006 only had 106k miles on it when I traded it in. It was in fantastic shape and I told myself that was the last new vehicle I was going to buy since the prices on new trucks are getting so astronomical. Well... That was until Chrysler had to tease me back in January with the new 5th gen HD trucks in the black edition, man... That was the first time in quite some time that they have come out with a model that had me smiling and saying “WOW”. And to top it off, I went to one of the local Ram dealers here in Knoxville last week and I test drove a new 2019 Limited with the 6.4 hemi. Big mistake, I fell in love with it instantly. So on my birthday this past Saturday I found the truck I now own at a dealership in Kentucky and I bit the bullet :):) I haven’t stopped smiling since.

My list of past Rams I owned: (All 4x4’s)
- 1994 Ram 1500 regular cab in black w/318 ci
- 2001 Ram 1500 quad SLT Sport in black w/360 ci
- 2006 Ram 2500 Quad cab SLT Sport in black w/5.7 hemi

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats, thats a nice looking new ride (blacked out). Did you trade the 05? Get a fair deal? If you can recommend the dealer, give us some details.

Ruffone

Reaction score
Anyone know how to post videos to the site? I looked for how to’s but couldn’t find anything and I don’t post pictures or videos to forums normally. Thanks in advance.

Ruffone

Reaction score
Congrats, thats a nice looking new ride (blacked out). Did you trade the 05? Get a fair deal? If you can recommend the dealer, give us some details.

None of the Dodge dealers near me in Knoxville had the truck I was looking for so I went online and located the truck elsewhere. The deal was completed using the Tesla model of online sales. I had one initial phone conversation with the Dodge dealer in KY and then the rest was done by text. This was the first time I’ve bought out of state or online so I was a little apprehensive at first. I gave them my 06’ VIN number and they asked several questions to feel me out for the true condition of my truck. Their big concern seemed to be more on the condition of the brakes and the tires, luckily I bought the rims, Toyo tires and put new brakes on about 2000 miles ago. After a bit they texted me an offer for my trade in and then offered me a deal. We went back and forth over the next couple of hours, I gave them my final offer and told them if they could do that then we had a deal. I received a text back about 10 minutes later with only the word “DONE” in it. The next day they delivered my truck to me free of charge and they picked up my trade in. They deliver the vehicles free within 1000 miles of the dealership. They brought the paperwork and it took all of 10 minutes to fill out.

This was by far the easiest vehicle purchase I have ever experienced. They gave me a good deal on my trade in and I was able to get the truck out the door in the really low 40’s. I love the fact that I didn’t have to waste 3/4 of a day sitting in a dealership playing games. They were fair in their negotiating and they have kept in contact with me ever since the sale making sure I am happy and I have everything I need. I’d recommend them in a heart beat.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! What a very nice birthday gift to yourself. Looks great! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread