5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted all chrome from my 19' Limited!

JBeckman

Reaction score
It cost me about $500 because I have a friend who owns a wrap shop, i had got a quote from other places at around $1,000.00. Apparently removing the grille was quite the project.

Oh ok. Least I have an idea where I'll be at. I figured wrap would be cheaper than paint. Looks like I'm gonna need to get some quotes.

Joker4L

Reaction score
If I had a black truck I would do the same! I have silver and the chrome compliments the color very nicely.

Swerv75

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from my friends shop. Had all of the chrome deleted, used black factory emblems and had the rest of the parts wrapped. Also had the white marker lights, and the while in the tails smoked. I'll post some better pictures soon.
Did you find a wrap to match the paint pretty good thinking of doing this to my black limited

Longhorn

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from my friends shop. Had all of the chrome deleted, used black factory emblems and had the rest of the parts wrapped. Also had the white marker lights, and the while in the tails smoked. I'll post some better pictures soon.

Looks good

limited_19

Reaction score
Did you find a wrap to match the paint pretty good thinking of doing this to my black limited

I did satin black on the accents to match the satin black emblems, and the gloss black in the inner grill which matched the solid gloss paint already in the grill.. it was a great combo.

Swerv75

Reaction score
I did satin black on the accents to match the satin black emblems, and the gloss black in the inner grill which matched the solid gloss paint already in the grill.. it was a great combo.
Looks damn good gonna do this soon to mine just didn’t know there was a wrap with enough flake to match the limiteds black paint

jakes1214

Reaction score
Just the tow hooks, tailgate door handle inserts are wrapped along with all window trim.

These pics are before the grill was wrapped

noticed you're local to the SFV. would you mind letting me know the shops name? id love to have something similar done.

danhshopper

Reaction score
Is the wrap brand Plasti Dip or other brand? Do you happen to know the exact part number for the satin black and gloss black? I have a black Bighorn and plan to do the same, but instead of using a shop, I'll DIY. I absolutely love what came out on your car and want to use the exact product if possible.

limited_19

Reaction score
Is the wrap brand Plasti Dip or other brand? Do you happen to know the exact part number for the satin black and gloss black? I have a black Bighorn and plan to do the same, but instead of using a shop, I'll DIY. I absolutely love what came out on your car and want to use the exact product if possible.

It wasn't a canned plasti dip, its the 3M Film (Wrap) Not sure the exact sticker swatch number i can find out though.

bbehnke

Reaction score
Interested in this too. Truck looks really great. For the window trim did you just remove or did you take off and rap as well?

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Are those headlights factory ???

787BigHorn

Reaction score
Mean asf. Congrats man ! She’s a beauty I definitely like the combo of the black and the bronze ish wheels

fact mechanic

Reaction score
That looks awesome.

Sigma1118

Reaction score
Very sweet. Hey got any side shots of your wheels, they look great!

Users who are viewing this thread