5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted all chrome from my 19' Limited!

limited_19

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from my friends shop. Had all of the chrome deleted, used black factory emblems and had the rest of the parts wrapped. Also had the white marker lights, and the while in the tails smoked. I'll post some better pictures soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpeg
    IMG_2543.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,346
  • FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2,319
  • IMG_2538.jpeg
    IMG_2538.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,242

sgk

Reaction score
it's basically perfect now. you got the desired blacked out exterior with the sought after black limited interior.
Just confirming the only things chrome right now are the tow hooks and the door handle inserts right?

limited_19

Reaction score
it's basically perfect now. you got the desired blacked out exterior with the sought after black limited interior.
Just confirming the only things chrome right now are the tow hooks and the door handle inserts right?

Just the tow hooks, tailgate door handle inserts are wrapped along with all window trim.

These pics are before the grill was wrapped

Attachments

• 2BF6F3A0-6175-473F-A40D-D7A8EA7D4D31.jpeg
    2BF6F3A0-6175-473F-A40D-D7A8EA7D4D31.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1,522
  • 4E49E267-B165-4389-980C-AEEB2B7628AC.jpeg
    4E49E267-B165-4389-980C-AEEB2B7628AC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,554

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my truck back from my friends shop. Had all of the chrome deleted, used black factory emblems and had the rest of the parts wrapped. Also had the white marker lights, and the while in the tails smoked. I'll post some better pictures soon.
Not the look I’m going for, but very well done. Seeing this, I think the slim profile of the Longhorn / Limited headlights lend themselves better to the blackout look than the beefier lights.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks perfect. All the chrome on the front end is what turned me off from the higher trim levels. Blacked out like that it looks so much better. Think there was a post here somewhere where somebody was spraying it all white to match as well. They looks so much better color matched.

ramreh

Reaction score

What kind/color wrap did you have them use on the chrome pieces? Looks good and I want to do this to my Limited as well.

limited_19

Reaction score
What kind/color wrap did you have them use on the chrome pieces? Looks good and I want to do this to my Limited as well.

It’s a satin wrap on the door handle, tailgate, mirrors, and upper/lower grill. The main/center grill is a gloss black.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks amazing. Great job!

ramreh

Reaction score
It’s a satin wrap on the door handle, tailgate, mirrors, and upper/lower grill. The main/center grill is a gloss black.

Thanks! Do you mind sharing what you paid to have that done? Would you do anything differently?

KRYTEN

Reaction score
Wow looks fantastic!

Where did you get the black emblems from?

Cajunhemi

Reaction score
Would love to wrap the tow mirrors If I could match the silver. Extremely curious on how they wrapped the inside mirror area?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I just love those wheels and tires... such a great stance... wonder if the divorce would be worth it? :unsure:
No. She’d probably get the truck ;)

Great job on the Limited blackout

limited_19

Reaction score
Beautiful looking rig sir! Would you mind saying what it cost to get the chrome wrapped? I been thinking abt doing it to my rig.

It cost me about $500 because I have a friend who owns a wrap shop, i had got a quote from other places at around $1,000.00. Apparently removing the grille was quite the project.

Users who are viewing this thread