5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted all chrome from my 19' Limited!

DH305

Reaction score
It’s a satin wrap on the door handle, tailgate, mirrors, and upper/lower grill. The main/center grill is a gloss black.

How does it do with washing? Any issues with the satin or gloss fading/chipping off?

DH305

Reaction score
Another question, did you decide to not get the black tint on the tail lights. Could that be done at a Dodge dealer.

macallien

Reaction score
what did you do with the tow mirrors? Wrap the chrome? GREAT LOOKING TRUCK BY THE WAY!

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Perfect job Limited_19! Mine's at the wrap shop today to have clearba / tint and he's installing all of the black emblems I ordered. I thought I was the ONLY one who wanted to get rid of the chrome! (Mine's Granite Crystal and I'm stoked to see how it looks against the black trim).
Also- good choice on wheels. I just barely decided I wanna do "off-road / jeepy" looking wheels like these rather than the traditional spoke-type Fuel wheels that have been so over-played. I ordered the window/surround trim and door handles from AvondaleMopar as I figured it would cost about the same and be a more permanent solution than wrapping those. I'll post pics when finished this week fellas!

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^post pics when it's done. I thought about that when I bought mine as well. Curious what the granite looks like with black.

DH305

Reaction score
Perfect job Limited_19! Mine's at the wrap shop today to have clearba / tint and he's installing all of the black emblems I ordered. I thought I was the ONLY one who wanted to get rid of the chrome! (Mine's Granite Crystal and I'm stoked to see how it looks against the black trim).
Also- good choice on wheels. I just barely decided I wanna do "off-road / jeepy" looking wheels like these rather than the traditional spoke-type Fuel wheels that have been so over-played. I ordered the window/surround trim and door handles from AvondaleMopar as I figured it would cost about the same and be a more permanent solution than wrapping those. I'll post pics when finished this week fellas!

Do you mine taking photos when it gets out the shop? In the market for a Limited but I can’t stand the chrome. Torn between the Pearl Black and the Granite Crystal.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks bad a$$.....These trucks look sinister in entry/exit mode. Here are a few I took of my Rebel after a bath in the low as she'll go mode. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse the dirty truck.. lol a quick picture I took yesterday.

View attachment 6039
Black carbon fiber R-A-M grill vinyl letter overlays might look cool on your modified grill and keep blacked out theme. There is a site www.reflectiveconcepts.com that has some cool die cut vinyl overlays for most emblem lettering in all options of colors and simulated carbon fiber. Maybe even the 1500 hemi on hood. Just a thought. Looks great as is though. :cool:

RAMiller

Reaction score
It’s a satin wrap on the door handle, tailgate, mirrors, and upper/lower grill. The main/center grill is a gloss black.
How did they wrap the main/center grill? The local shop that does wrapping said it would be next to impossible.

Phil DeVtec

Reaction score
How did they wrap the main/center grill? The local shop that does wrapping said it would be next to impossible.

That's because they want you to know how difficult it would be, so they can up charge you.

My buddy owns a wrap shop and does grilles like these (i.e. Denali) all day long! It's more than possible.

BTW, to the OP, can you post up a close up pic of the grille and hood area? Would love to see how the vinyl matches the OEM paint.

This is definitely the 1st thing I'm doing to the truck. The chrome was the main hold out for me...

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Damn that looks good!!!
This is sick man. Been looking at wrapping my chrome and stuff. Got delmonico red and want to murder it all out. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the exterior minus the rims cost to do?

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
Just to Necro this thread a bit OP how is the wrap holding up. I talked to a local shop yesterday and they vehemently told me that wrapping a grille was a bad idea and wouldn't last long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just to Necro this thread a bit OP how is the wrap holding up. I talked to a local shop yesterday and they vehemently told me that wrapping a grille was a bad idea and wouldn't last long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Seriously doubt it. It's no different than wrapping bumpers or other parts of the vehicle, and should last just as long.

Users who are viewing this thread