5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default startup screen

cliffsta

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Rebel with the 12” UC5. Absolutely love it. One quirk I’ve found is that when I start the truck, the screen always goes to either the Apps page or the Favorites page. I would much prefer the screen defaults to “Home” since that has the panes set up with what I want. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Rebel with the 12” UC5. Absolutely love it. One quirk I’ve found is that when I start the truck, the screen always goes to either the Apps page or the Favorites page. I would much prefer the screen defaults to “Home” since that has the panes set up with what I want. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this?
Do you plug your phone in to listen to music?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Mine is like a roulette wheel also, you never know which page will pop up..Home "most" of the time, but I'd never place a bet on it.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I added any widgets related to CarPlay on any of my home screen pages mine was also like a roulette wheel each time I started the truck. Deleted pages with car play widgets and it is much improved. Remote start will still confuse it though. It will open one screen upon remote start then switch to another screen when I push the start button.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Do you plug your phone in to listen to music?
I do not. I use wireless CarPlay.

Others: I do have CarPlay as the top half widget on my homepage with audio and climate at the bottom. Maybe I’ll try removing it and seeing if it more consistently starts on one page. Remote start or not, mine seems to hop around lol.

23RAM

Reaction score
I had that problem a lot until a software update helped fix it. Now it happens very rarely and 99% of the time it's on my Home screen when I start the truck. You can check your version under Setting, System Info. Latest one I've seen ends in 27.46 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread