5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debating MOPAR 2" lift or RC 3.5

ryanc111

Reaction score
Go with the Mopar lift and add the ORP front springs for an additional inch in front. A few of us have done it. Looks sweet, rides perfect, and all Mopar. No regrets on my end. Look to other topics under suspension on this forum for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this may be the opposite of what everyone is looking for but I have a Laramie with the ORP that I installed the Mopar lift on a couple of months ago. I actually like some rake but didn’t get as much as I was expecting. I’m assuming that is due to the ORP springs? If I had them replace the ORP springs with the standard springs how much ride height would I lose in the front? 1”?

Between towing and putting my dirt bike on a hitch mount I prefer a bit more rake when unloaded.

Atretes1

Reaction score
So this may be the opposite of what everyone is looking for but I have a Laramie with the ORP that I installed the Mopar lift on a couple of months ago. I actually like some rake but didn’t get as much as I was expecting. I’m assuming that is due to the ORP springs? If I had them replace the ORP springs with the standard springs how much ride height would I lose in the front? 1”?

Between towing and putting my dirt bike on a hitch mount I prefer a bit more rake when unloaded.
I have been wondering what would happen if I did this. Did you use the newer updated lift? How much did it raise your orp truck?

Atretes1

Reaction score
Go with the Mopar lift and add the ORP front springs for an additional inch in front. A few of us have done it. Looks sweet, rides perfect, and all Mopar. No regrets on my end. Look to other topics under suspension on this forum for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know what the stance of my truck would be if I added the newer Mopar lift to my ORP truck?

ryanc111

Reaction score
I have been wondering what would happen if I did this. Did you use the newer updated lift? How much did it raise your orp truck?
Mine was the original lift - installed late February I believe. I’ll measure the lift later this evening when I get home.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Mine was the original lift - installed late February I believe. I’ll measure the lift later this evening when I get home.
One of the techs at my dealer said that the Mopar lift on an Off road would add to the rake. He said it would raise the front 1 inch and the back 2 inches? He seemed to know what he was talking about but they have never done one on an off road. When I told him about the new updated Mopar lift he seemed to agree that it might actually be pretty close to level with the extra inch in front. The parts department could not find any info on the revised lift.

ryanc111

Reaction score
One of the techs at my dealer said that the Mopar lift on an Off road would add to the rake. He said it would raise the front 1 inch and the back 2 inches? He seemed to know what he was talking about but they have never done one on an off road. When I told him about the new updated Mopar lift he seemed to agree that it might actually be pretty close to level with the extra inch in front. The parts department could not find any info on the revised lift.

So I have roughly 2.25-2.5” of rake. Measuring from the ground (w/ 33” tires): F-38 7/8” / R- 40 3/8” or measuring from the center of hub F-22.5” / R-24.75”

57E29B21-4713-4249-B1C9-4BBBC0BA0EB5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1947DC64-30C3-432F-BAA2-06EA986C492F.jpeg
    1947DC64-30C3-432F-BAA2-06EA986C492F.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 34

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
So I have roughly 2.25-2.5” of rake. Measuring from the ground (w/ 33” tires): F-38 7/8” / R- 40 3/8” or measuring from the center of hub F-22.5” / R-24.75”

View attachment 26021
Just confirming you have the ORP with Mopar lift? Or did you add ORP springs to the front only when the lift was installed? Also I’m sure you mentioned it, but is it the updated lift?

ryanc111

Reaction score
Just confirming you have the ORP with Mopar lift? Or did you add ORP springs to the front only when the lift was installed? Also I’m sure you mentioned it, but is it the updated lift?

Yep, it is a Laramie with ORP to which I then added the Mopar lift. It wasn’t the updated one but I did take it back and have them add the part. I don’t recall if it was before or after this photo but I believe it was before.

Since then I have added airlift airbags on the back so it doesn’t sag with my motorcycle on the back and increased the tire size to 35”

fd1efd02348dfe51faa08f5be23db4a7.jpg

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Here’s one more image from the front.

191fa360dca7aef1dff3afdde8d0d880.jpg
Truck looks amazing! I have the ORP but have been hesitant to go with the Mopar lift as I wasn’t sure I wanted that much lift over stock. Your truck has me reconsidering

ryanc111

Reaction score
Truck looks amazing! I have the ORP but have been hesitant to go with the Mopar lift as I wasn’t sure I wanted that much lift over stock. Your truck has me reconsidering

Thanks! Keep in mind that I have Fab Fours bumper, a Warn winch and a light bar so there is some extra weight out there. That being said, I am super happy with how it all turned out.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Thanks! Keep in mind that I have Fab Fours bumper, a Warn winch and a light bar so there is some extra weight out there. That being said, I am super happy with how it all turned out.
I appreciate the heads up, as I’m sure that plays considerably into the front overall ride height. Thanks for the info. Again, beautiful truck!

Users who are viewing this thread