5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debating MOPAR 2" lift or RC 3.5

klaby

Reaction score
Cost for install is roughly the same, couple hundred difference. MOPAR keeps warranty issues off the table, RC gives another 1.5 in lift. So do I save a couple hundred and gain 1.5" or do I play it safe and go MOPAR and pay the extra 2 bills for less lift? Either way I can get 35's on the truck....

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well as an owner of a Mopar lift, I can definitely say that I love what it affords me which is peace of mind.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess you need to decide how high you want to go. Personally, I am going with the MOPAR 2" because that is enough and I like the fact that it won't affect warranty. Honestly, if I wanted any more than 2" of lift then I would just go all out and get the BDS 6" lift. In addition, I have always seen RC as a budget lift company (from my Jeep days). To me, RC seemed to be the lower quality and less expensive lift that you went with when you didn't want to sink a lot of money in your truck. You have a new $40,000 to $60,000 truck; why would you put a budget lift on it?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind... the latest update to the MOPAR Lift adds another inch of front lift. So it's now more like a 3" Lift/Level.

Check out this thread for more: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/updated-2-mopar-lift-level-kit-discussion.9167/
It seems like it is really .75" more in the front. It also only raised it about 1.75" initially anyway so not it gives you about 2.5" of lift in the front. Some people have been adding the offroad package springs to it to obtain 3.25-3.5" in the front and have an all Mopar lift with the increased ride height of the Readylift/RC 3.5" kits.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I originally ordered my truck to have the Mopar 2" lift/level added to my truck prior to delivery. But, the 5th Gen platform was a gong show at launch and no dealer in town had any access to parts or even had a clue if it would work on a Rebel with coils. Turns out I was better off doing the level myself as I got my truck sitting exactly how I wanted it without having to go through a shop foreman to explain what I wanted.

I think if 35's are your main objective, then the Mopar kit is the way to go. The peace of mind in itself is priceless.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
I originally ordered my truck to have the Mopar 2" lift/level added to my truck prior to delivery. But, the 5th Gen platform was a gong show at launch and no dealer in town had any access to parts or even had a clue if it would work on a Rebel with coils. Turns out I was better off doing the level myself as I got my truck sitting exactly how I wanted it without having to go through a shop foreman to explain what I wanted.

I think if 35's are your main objective, then the Mopar kit is the way to go. The peace of mind in itself is priceless.
Will the mopar lift kit fit the Rebel, I have basically the same truck as you but I can't find a definite answer .

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will the mopar lift kit fit the Rebel, I have basically the same truck as you but I can't find a definite answer .
The problem with the Mopar kit on the Rebel is the UCA's. The Rebel already has extra lift from the Bilsteins and you only really end up with an extra 1.25" lift from the kit. The UCA problem is that they're replacing the same parts.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't really flesh out my previous post. I'm going to say, on a Rebel, the Mopar kit as a kit doesn't work. If you are lifting or leveling a Rebel, you or whomever is installing the parts needs to be able to think outside the box. With the longer Bilsteins and other parts from the off road package, the Rebel is more suited to a custom solution.

If level is your objective, a front 2.5" strut top spacer and new UCA's are the way to go. 35's are no problem.

If lift is the goal, then you're still looking at considerable rake and depending on the kit, probably not fitting 35's if you only lift 2".
This forum has a lot of different success stories on different lift/level solutions. A quick search with the parameters of your potential lift/level should bare fruit.

Lawfin

Reaction score
Go with the Mopar lift and add the ORP front springs for an additional inch in front. A few of us have done it. Looks sweet, rides perfect, and all Mopar. No regrets on my end. Look to other topics under suspension on this forum for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txy

Reaction score
It seems like it is really .75" more in the front. It also only raised it about 1.75" initially anyway so not it gives you about 2.5" of lift in the front. Some people have been adding the offroad package springs to it to obtain 3.25-3.5" in the front and have an all Mopar lift with the increased ride height of the Readylift/RC 3.5" kits.

Do you have a part number for the ORP springs?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’d be careful though because my 35s barely fit with +1 offset with the 3.5inch readylift .....barely!!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d be careful though because my 35s barely fit with +1 offset with the 3.5inch readylift .....barely!!
What's your measurement from center of wheel to top and corners of front fenders?
I've got 24.5" to top, 20.5" to rear and 18" to front on factory 18" Rebel wheels with the 33" Duratracs on a 2.5" level.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have a tape measure on me. When my tires are turned I can barely fit my finger between the tire and the stock plastic fender piece although you could probably take that off if you wanted to or maybe do a modification . I didn’t have to do a thing but just wanted you to know it barely worked with a 3 1/2 inches in the front

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason I asked is because your signature doesn't list the ORP, so if you do the math, a level Rebel should have the equivalent to a standard Big Horn with a 3.5" lift. Roughly.

Users who are viewing this thread