5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership not offering Mopar coupon oils change

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Looks like the dealer i went to today did the 3 oil change plus tire rotation for the 99 value of the coupon. I asked, will i be paying shop supply and extra quarts on my next visits, girl said no... itll be no charge for the remaining two...like a warranty.

I will be coming back here again, thats for sure.
995e877ef8ae5d0ea83a828f19d76012.jpg
bc5922ca3001e9f4fc6195bfc033b01e.jpg
I realized while driving home.. i used to go to jiffy lube and their signature service was over 100 for synthetic..for one visit...

And this is dealer service PLUS tire rotations...THREE TIMES for 106.

Might be the deal of the year.

Maple

Reaction score
I realized while driving home.. i used to go to jiffy lube and their signature service was over 100 for synthetic..for one visit...

And this is dealer service PLUS tire rotations...THREE TIMES for 106.

Might be the deal of the year.
I'm going to guess that they didn't use full synthetic - the name of the oil change is "Good Oil Change". Dealerships usually have a Good (conventional), Better (synthetic blend), Best (full synthetic). That being said, assuming this is for Ourisman of Alexandria, this is still a good deal, the price to book just an oil change without the coupon is ~$120 after fees. And that's for one oil change, not three.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that they didn't use full synthetic - the name of the oil change is "Good Oil Change". Dealerships usually have a Good (conventional), Better (synthetic blend), Best (full synthetic). That being said, assuming this is for Ourisman of Alexandria, this is still a good deal, the price to book just an oil change without the coupon is ~$120 after fees. And that's for one oil change, not three.
Yes, ourisman of alexandria... here is what I used. One of the guys mentioned it required some synthetic.
645021650d7c71a11d92eb52626e7007.jpg

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Yeah, after searching part number it appears they used pennzoil conventional, despite the coupon saying synthetic blend.

When I go in next, I will remind them to put in synthetic blend at minimum. Thx for pointing that out.
a4803c3be5dbfbe0a86978c631c136ab.jpg

U

User_3336

This is what mine said. I got the 4 oil change package for 99.95 (dealer does free tire rotations anyway)
All inclusive. (covers shop supplies and the extra oil needed over 5).

It was called the Essential Care Plus Maintenance Package. This is the way it was listed
in my account on mopar.com

So, the packages DO exist, and it usually is a FCA campaign (or it would not be attachd to your
mopar maintenance or esp contract details).

oilchg.jpg

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They told me the first 2 years of oil changes and tire rotations were free and included with "Ram Care" at any dealer. I am guessing the above is after registering and logging in on the mopar site?

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, after searching part number it appears they used pennzoil conventional, despite the coupon saying synthetic blend.

When I go in next, I will remind them to put in synthetic blend at minimum. Thx for pointing that out.

Thanks for posting that up... I presumed the dealer used Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic as that is what it states on their billboard. This confirms the # on the service receipt was indeed the Pennzoil.

Sucks that they screwed you over.

U

User_3336

Depends on the package.

there is really no free "RAM CARE PACKAGE". If you dealer is saying it is included, its because THEY included it in your vehicle price.

the 2 year "free" oil changes ended a couple of years ago. I can look back thru my emails for the specific date my dealer told me.

you can also buy pretty much the same package is your dealer DID NOT include it.

But, its not "free", you paid for it somewhere in your vehicle price (whether or not its itemized, probably not).

Its sort of like when the dealer offers you a "free, unlimited powertrain warranty", that is worked in to your vehicle price in some form or fashion. the finance manager told me that after I asked.

They told me the first 2 years of oil changes and tire rotations were free and included with "Ram Care" at any dealer. I am guessing the above is after registering and logging in on the mopar site?

DanSkan

Reaction score
I tried using the same coupon 3 for $99 but the dealer told me by the time they added extra for the full synthetic and the extra 2 quarts they said their 2 for $169 contract deal with tire rotation was a better deal so I bought that.

Thanks for the chart with the oil part numbers - they told me that they only use PUP for full synthetic but the part number matched to PP so they probably didn't use PUP.

Users who are viewing this thread