5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership not offering Mopar coupon oils change

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Today,

I went to a Ram dealership to get my Oil change i said i wanted the special synthetic blend and tire rotations for 39.99 or 3 for 99.95 first thing the service adv.were totally confused when i ask this to be done then they told me i needed to do a service contract for. it does not say anything about having a service contract.. so i said ok let do it for 3 oil change, has he start to do this he asked manager everyone was confused and they say no way for us to make a profit on this after this comment was not helpful. so i said nevermind. left the dealership. the coupon is on their webpage and. it also on every dealership that close by. I call Ram they said you dont need a contract for the one and they should honor it. So i called the dealership where i purchased the truck. they said not problem we can do contract is not need. I hate this when a dealership refuses and then does not have a clue to what is on their webpage. This coupon has been out since Aug 2018 and does not exp till Dec 2019

When i had my Ford F150 they offer something similar Called the Work package same as what Ram is offering. then onlt different with the Ford is after 5 visit free oil change and tire rotation and a mail in rebate for an extra 10.00 back.

Here what the coupon said
*Additional charges may be applied for engines with oil capacity that exceeds 5 qts, HEMI® engines, synthetic oil and fluid disposal. Includes 4-wheel tire rotation, oil replacements up to 5 qts of synthetic blend oil and oil filter. Fluid level inspection. Valid at participating FCA US LLC dealers only. Not valid with other offers. Customer is responsible for local tax and Shop Supplies fee. Valid for most makes and models. Excludes diesel engines. Service Advisor has details. Offer expires 12/31/19.**MOPARGOLD Additional charges may apply. Service contract with synthetic blend motor oil replacement up to 5 qts only per change, oil filter, and 4-wheel tire rotations. Expires 24 months after date of original oil & filter purchase at an FCA US LLC dealership. Offer includes 3 oil changes, 3 tire rotations, and 3 multi-point inspections. Customer is responsible for local tax, shop supplies fee and disposal fees. Valid for most makes and models at participating dealers. Excludes diesel engines. Service advisor has details. Offer expires 12/31/19.
Coupon ID: 001AOLO

Attachments

• Mopar_OilOffer_MoparDotCom_873x546_001A.JPG
    Mopar_OilOffer_MoparDotCom_873x546_001A.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 64

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Did you show them their website and point it out to them? They really wouldn't have a leg to stand on at that point.
Also, from 3 out of 5 dealers confirmed for me that RAM basically pays for 2-3 years of oil changes. Don't quote me cause we all know dealers can be liars ;).

S

Smashy71

They get you in the shop fees and on the lot again hoping to make more sales. I’ve seen shop fees as high as 22 bucks. They claim it’s for towels and waste from your vehicle. It’s all a game. Just do it yourself and get satisfaction from it.

U

User_3336

Last year, the dealer here did have a special for 4 oil changes for $99.95. I assumed it was just something the dealer was doing on their own, but it did end up being a MOPAR oil change package. I think it showed up as SECLOF in my mopar.com account, so yeah, its something that MOPAR is sponsoring. If you're dealer doesn't know anything about it, I find that strange.

Unfortunately, its no longer 4, I think its 3 now.

U

User_3336

RAM did used to have a two year maintenance package FREE, no longer.......

If a dealer is including it, they're paying for it, and including it in your vehicle price (the one dealer here upped their doc fee $100 to pay for it).

Did you show them their website and point it out to them? They really wouldn't have a leg to stand on at that point.
Also, from 3 out of 5 dealers confirmed for me that RAM basically pays for 2-3 years of oil changes. Don't quote me cause we all know dealers can be liars ;).

MacDuff

Reaction score
I purchase my oil change packages directly through the Mopar vehicle protection plan phone line. I've found the dealers often don't know anything about the programs or don't want to sell them. Good at any dealer, it shows in their warranty system and cheaper than what the dealers charge. Different packages are available for type of oil, number of oil changes, etc.

Deriggs007

Reaction score

If a dealer is including it, they're paying for it, and including it in your vehicle price (the one dealer here upped their doc fee $100 to pay for it).

Maybe not a maintenance package, but what about just oil changes?

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I purchase my oil change packages directly through the Mopar vehicle protection plan phone line. I've found the dealers often don't know anything about the programs or don't want to sell them. Good at any dealer, it shows in their warranty system and cheaper than what the dealers charge. Different packages are available for type of oil, number of oil changes, etc.
do you have a web address?

zman9119

Reaction score
This is more of a service writer \ adviser being an idiot than anything. The coupon has a code on it, they enter it into their system and it pulls it up. It is supposed to drive traffic to their shop so you have other work done and they keep customers. Money-wise, it works out for them between the people paying full price, the possible extra work, and what they have worked out with FCA.

FCA has offered this coupon in one way or another for the past few years and I have used them on my Jeep regularly. The first time they were a little confused as they never had someone print and bring in a coupon before for it and it was such a good deal too.

PTRAM

Reaction score

I will have to check on that as for the last several years the first 4 oil changes were free (2 year time limit) and at least one rotation came free with my new vehicle purchase.

CouchAssault

Reaction score
The coupon has a few stipulations.

Also The essential care 4 oil changes/2 years 115$ says it only includes 5 quarts as well.

Just some observations. I was considering paying to have it done for the maintenance records but they we're talking a 40$ upcharge per change for synthetic.

Nope

Screenshot_20190126-103737.png

Rich

Reaction score
My selling dealer gave me free first year oil changes and lifetime state inspections.

They claim it's something that they do and is not corporate sponsored.

Seems nice, but they are an hour ride away from me. I guess it's worth it as long as gas stays below $4 per gallon! Lol

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
yes i show them

awalk

Reaction score
Hi,

Technically they are service contracts. This is how it worked when I used it... Once you buy the contract from Mopar they attach the contract info to your VIN number. Once the VIN number is attached, any FCA dealership that you go to should be able to pull up your contract info and service your vehicle. I have used those contacts for years with my Jeep and 300 and I have never had any issues. If the dealer is being difficult I would find another dealer, ASAP!

Hope that helps.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is a Service Contract like @awalk stated, it is linked to your VIN and should be honored.

If it is a coupon off the Internet (from wherever) and the dealer does not what to honor it, go find a dealer that will honor the couple. If it's a coupon off of the MOPAR site, I'd be sending an email to them so they know one of their dealers are not honoring factory coupons.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I am about to go today to one of the local dealers to use this coupon.

Anyone know what an actual realistic out the door price ends up being for the single use one? (Those that may have used it)

DanSkan

Reaction score
I printed mine out with the dealer name on it and they said by the time they added for their Penn oil ultra premium and add for 2 more quarts with tire rotation and multipoint check it would cost more than their $80 per x 2 contract for $160 plus tax. Since I was going in for warranty service I did not argue just bought it. I was annoyed they did not accept on face value.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Looks like the dealer i went to today did the 3 oil change plus tire rotation for the 99 value of the coupon. I asked, will i be paying shop supply and extra quarts on my next visits, girl said no... itll be no charge for the remaining two...like a warranty.

I will be coming back here again, thats for sure.
995e877ef8ae5d0ea83a828f19d76012.jpg
bc5922ca3001e9f4fc6195bfc033b01e.jpg

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Plus they washed all the 1000 miles of highway salt off for me
68a28f1ca67d6cbf625d760efb6a5b99.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread