5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership $100 for 3 synthetic oil change offer

The Critic

Reaction score
My dealer's service coupon section lists an oil change offer - $100 for 3 synthetic oil changes. Up to 5 quarts. I think it is a Mopar national promotion. Since our trucks take 7, I would expect some upcharge ($10-20?).

Does anyone else use this promo? What are you being charged for the extra oil?

Edit: Called Zeigler (factoryplans.com) - they looked up my vin and said I can buy the “Essential Care Platinum Synthetic” for 6 years/12 oil changes for $580 - this works out to $48.33 per oil change. No oil upcharge, no taxes and fees. I think this might be the better way to go.

Attachments

• lof offer.JPG
    lof offer.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
U

User_3336

Local dealer sends them all the time in the mail. CATCH IS > > > It only covers 5 quarts. Doubt the dealer will let you provide the other two quarts. They want $$$ off the other two quarts, shop supplies fee, and oil disposal fee over what the plan cost.

The Critic

Reaction score
Local dealer sends them all the time in the mail. CATCH IS > > > It only covers 5 quarts. Doubt the dealer will let you provide the other two quarts. They want $$$ off the other two quarts, shop supplies fee, and oil disposal fee over what the plan cost.

Even if they want $8/qt for the other two quarts, $49 is a pretty good deal. It costs me $37-$38 for 7 quarts of Platinum 5w-20 and a Mopar filter.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah the old deal was 3 full synthetic for 150 and they haven’t ever charged me for the additional quarts and I believe that deal has the same fine print. Guess it depends on the dealer

RamAddic

Reaction score
My dealer's service coupon section lists an oil change offer - $100 for 3 synthetic oil changes. Up to 5 quarts. I think it is a Mopar national promotion. Since our trucks take 7, I would expect some upcharge ($10-20?).

Does anyone else use this promo? What are you being charged for the extra oil?

RamAddic

Reaction score
Looks like they stopped offering the tire rotation that was always included in the oil change offers. Now just a multi point inspection. That really sucks

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth - I asked a similar question in the powertrain forums about how much everyone pays for their oil changes. When I mentioned the 3 for $100 a few ppl said they don't charge extra at their dealership.

U

User_3336

Dealer here does tire rotations anyway with that package.
. No Charge.

Looks like they stopped offering the tire rotation that was always included in the oil change offers. Now just a multi point inspection. That really sucks

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
My dealer has the coupon listed under their dealership, however, they will not honor it

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I bought the one for two for $65 and used one almost right away and have up to a year to use the 2nd one. Normally my dealer charges $89 for the hemi and full syn so 2 fo $65 was a deal. I did was not charged any extra but I also did the tire rotation which was $31

The Critic

Reaction score
Called Zeigler (factoryplans.com) - they looked up my vin and said I can buy the “Essential Care Platinum Synthetic” for 6 years/12 oil changes for $580 - this works out to $48.33 per oil change. No oil upcharge, no taxes and fees. I think this might be the better way to go.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called Zeigler (factoryplans.com) - they looked up my vin and said I can buy the “Essential Care Platinum Synthetic” for 6 years/12 oil changes for $580 - this works out to $48.33 per oil change. No oil upcharge, no taxes and fees. I think this might be the better way to go.

That's not a bad deal at all if you use them all. I wonder if all dealers would honor that.

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't happy about it. I will give it another shot and ask the Service Manger's, Manger.

Users who are viewing this thread