5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership $100 for 3 synthetic oil change offer

The Critic

Reaction score
I bought this plan a few weeks ago. Paid $100 + tax, had my first oil change, and no upcharge for extra quarts.

Can you check your invoice and see which part number was billed out for the engine oil?

Seems like some people are getting this special but are not receiving synthetic.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you check your invoice and see which part number was billed out for the engine oil?

Seems like some people are getting this special but are not receiving synthetic.
I did check. Part number came back to Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic. Can post it later when I’m home.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought this plan a few weeks ago. Paid $100 + tax, had my first oil change, and no upcharge for extra quarts.
When you bought it, what did they give you for the next oil changes? Some sort of certificate?

The Critic

Reaction score
Called the Mopar MVP number on the bottom of this page and it directed me to a national sales center:

The rep provided me with a price of $480 for 12 oil changes under the Platinum plan and $625 for the Ultra plan. However, he advised me to check with my local dealer because not all dealers are willing to perform the service with the plan’s reimbursement cap. He stated that officially, all HEMI’s (not just the SRT’s) are supposed to be given the Ultra plan due to our 7qt sump capacity. For the longest time, I thought the Ultra plan was reserved for SRT models which required Pennzoil Ultra 0W-40....but apparently not. Ultimately he offered to sell me whichever plan I wanted, but it was a YMMV situation.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought this today at my local dealer. It took them at least 15 minutes to figure it out. Mine expire in two years. I used Apple Pay and we have no sales tax in Alaska so it cost me $97 total, helluva deal.

The Critic

Reaction score
I bought this today at my local dealer. It took them at least 15 minutes to figure it out. Mine expire in two years. I used Apple Pay and we have no sales tax in Alaska so it cost me $97 total, helluva deal.

Awesome. And did you check the part number for the oil on the invoice to make sure that it was synthetic?

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Attachments

• CAD4F280-9F7E-42CD-97EC-45CEBBAF7EB2.jpeg
    CAD4F280-9F7E-42CD-97EC-45CEBBAF7EB2.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 25

The Critic

Reaction score
Strange, none of them are PUP, Pennzoil ULTRA Platinum.

The only FCA vehicle that requires Ultra Platinum are the 6.4L HEMI’s which take Ultra Platinum 0W-40. I doubt there is enough volume to justify carrying it in bulk.

Users who are viewing this thread