5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers in NJ

Maverick13

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good dealer in New Jersey? Preferably Northern NJ or Rockland County NY?

geotex1

Reaction score
I'll be totally honest with you, I don't think you will find one in Jersey. I did not. When I bought my 2014 RAM, ended up going to MD after four dealers in Jersey were just not interested in doing business in any way but their way. I also had to have my 2014 repaired after road debris destroyed the front bumper cover and airdam on my Sport. When it was ready for pickup, it had more damage than when it went in! Knowing my fellow Jersians, I took day and time stamped photos at drop off with the dealer signs in the pictures. I even tried again when shopping for my 2019, and I advise you steer clear of Jersey dealers! Go down to New Castle, DE or just into MD where those two enormous RAM volume dealers will work with you. Good chance you might find you want on their lots too. The inventory turns over quickly and they order a variety of builds.

Maverick13

Reaction score
I'll be totally honest with you, I don't think you will find one in Jersey. I did not. When I bought my 2014 RAM, ended up going to MD after four dealers in Jersey were just not interested in doing business in any way but their way. I also had to have my 2014 repaired after road debris destroyed the front bumper cover and airdam on my Sport. When it was ready for pickup, it had more damage than when it went in! Knowing my fellow Jersians, I took day and time stamped photos at drop off with the dealer signs in the pictures. I even tried again when shopping for my 2019, and I advise you steer clear of Jersey dealers! Go down to New Castle, DE or just into MD where those two enormous RAM volume dealers will work with you. Good chance you might find you want on their lots too. The inventory turns over quickly and they order a variety of builds.

Thx. Got 12k off a longhorn in 2015 from Beyer in Morristown but my sales guy is no longer there.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Live in Staten Island and went to a batch in NJ, north, south and west of SI. Bought at Salerno in Summit NJ less than 5 minutes off rt 24. George was my salesman and Pete is the sales manager. Pete has been at it for 24 years.
I was surprised at the lack of negotiating by some of the dealerships.
Liccardi on rt 22 was up front and is $500 over invoice plus a doc fee, did a lot better at Salerno.
The batch by the way was 9 dealers. Staten Island dealers are 0 for 6 for my business. VW dealer was good on SI but bought the Ram. Honda SI service has been good for my wife's 2017 Civic (highly recommended). Have to give credit where do.

RichRios

Reaction score
Rockland Chrysler Jeep Dodge, 60 NY-304, Nanuet, NY 10954 gave me the best deal and I went to all the NJ dealers in north jersey. Also they only have $75 dealer fees unlike jersey where is $600+. RT4 paramus dealer did me dirty on my deal back in 2015 and also gave me a least quote $300 more than what I got from Rockland dealership!

jk101

Reaction score
RT4 paramus!
you cant be serious. For a lease they quoted me $899 p/mo with first month AND another 899 DAS for a 65k Limited. I asked the guy, via text message, for a complete breakdown of the lease and a copy of the worksheet. Never heard from him again

fat trout

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good dealer in New Jersey? Preferably Northern NJ or Rockland County NY?
I live in northern jersey and just bought my 2019 in PA. I looked at 4 dealers in PA. Felt like i had a good experience with all of them.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you cant be serious. For a lease they quoted me $899 p/mo with first month AND another 899 DAS for a 65k Limited. I asked the guy, via text message, for a complete breakdown of the lease and a copy of the worksheet. Never heard from him again

Totally serious, that's where I leased my Gen4, bought my Gen5
YMMV

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I would consider giving Craig an email from Koons in VA. He beat everyone's pricing by me enough that I flew up to get it and drive the truck back. Easy process, except the finance guy was a beotch. Much shorter drive for you.

RichRios

Reaction score
Just remember to check dealer fees for whatever state you buy from. Some states have fix dealer fee/doc fees by law and some can charge whatever. Like I said before NY has a fix rate of $75 by law and NJ has no law and the average is $600+. And remember they add that fee to the loan so you’ll pay interest on top of that.

ponypride

Reaction score
I bought in NJ. Negotiated doc fee to $100 but in NJ you have to pay a 4 year registration and if your truck is above $45K (prior to rebates and trade, there is a luxury tax to pay (cost about $180). I did not take the dealers word for this. I called and spoke to the motor vehicle commission. It is a raquet but Otis what it is.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought in NJ. Negotiated doc fee to $100 but in NJ you have to pay a 4 year registration and if your truck is above $45K (prior to rebates and trade, there is a luxury tax to pay (cost about $180). I did not take the dealers word for this. I called and spoke to the motor vehicle commission. It is a raquet but Otis what it is.
Salerno in Summit has 2 fees, 299-clerical and 199-document delivery, pre-printed on the sales sheet. I doubt that would be negotiable. Doc fee in NY by law is $75.

Reaction score
Flemington dodge talk to John purchased 2 vehicles from him my wife’s 15 Durango and my 19 ram 1500 def take care of you!

fat trout

Reaction score
>45K OR < 19 mpg combined. bastards!

DarrinNYC77

Reaction score
I dealt with Andy at Ramsey, NJ. He was terrific!!! They are a high volume dealer, so they can work with you on price too. Same day delivery in many cases too!!!

Darrin

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flemington Dodge. I was very happy with Lou my sales guy. The Service Manager, Jim, is also excellent. Trust me I know first hand. My truck has been in the shop for just shy of a month. No fault of the dealer at all but Jim is doing the right thing. Although its an hour south of me i found it worth the trip for professional treatment and good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread