5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer factory security device

Ewb

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was looking at this used 2022 ram trx and I’ve never seen this gray plastic circle thing sticking out. It was at A Ford dealership. The salesman didn't know he said he thought it was a kill switch, which makes no sense putting one out in the open. Is it a gps tracker or maybe a breathalyzer plug in? Anyone have insights seems like something out of place here. Thanks IMG_9295.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s Ravelco. Not factory. You pull the gray plug out and the vehicle is disabled (starter, fuel pump, etc).
It has been shown to be easily defeated if you know how. I have it installed in my truck, and as soon as I saw the video showing it being defeated, I had another device installed (IGLA and Compustar).

Reactions: Ewb

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And if I’m not mistaken, that’s a TRX. You definitely want something more than Ravelco.
Edit: just re-read your post and, duh, you stated it was a TRX.

Reactions: Ewb

Ewb

Reaction score
That’s Ravelco. Not factory. You pull the gray plug out and the vehicle is disabled (starter, fuel pump, etc).
It has been shown to be easily defeated if you know how. I have it installed in my truck, and as soon as I saw the video showing it being defeated, I had another device installed (IGLA and Compustar).
And if I’m not mistaken, that’s a TRX. You definitely want something more than Ravelco.
Edit: just re-read your post and, duh, you stated it was a TRX.
Thank you very much for your knowledge!

Users who are viewing this thread