5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer dented my truck

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good news. I love the "we could not find your check in photos", that's admitting fault right there. It's only going to cost them a few hundred and you will have a perfect repair with no filler and a respectable opinion of the dealer in the end. I am amazed at PDR. I want to learn how to do it myself. Being from Maine, it's really expensive as only a few folks do it. That would cost me $700-900 in Maine by PDR. You are probably in a more metropolitan area where it is commonplace and experts do the work.

Good to hear! That repair in my area would cost maybe a couple of hundred. Your typical small ding is about $75 or so, I have a guy who will do a group ding rate, say 2-3 dings on a panel, he will do them all for 40 bucks each or so.

He also guarantees them for life, so if the ding repair somehow goes bad with the paint, his insurance will cover the repair. Out of many dings in several vehicles, I have yet to see a PDR repair go bad.

There are a lot of good videos online for PDR, this is my local shop for example: https://www.youtube.com/c/denttime/videos

79 300

Reaction score
I have had PDR done on many vehicles over the years and every time I was impressed with the results. The dents on the OP's truck look repairable to me.
Try to avoid the bondo/repaint repairs if at all possible- you will have a whole new set of complaints then.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Glad there is an easy solution for the fix. I had a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport in white. One day throwing firewood over the side, on log slipped and hit that exact spot and left a perfect dent. I went to a autobody shop and they price it out. They said it could not be fixed and it was like 115 different parts required. Something like 65 parts in the replacement were disposable one time use parts. the quote came out to just over $3500 CAD and I said no way. Since then, it was traded into the dealer and I have a 2019 RAM Rebel in black.

BNeal

Reaction score
PDR is amazing when done by the good ones. I produced a video for State Farm a few years back that walked their claims people through the entire process. They hired some hotrod out of Indianapolis that was amazing. I filmed him for two straight days, and he got stuff out that I would never have believed could have been done without replacing panels. I learned a ton watching that guy.

Hope they are able to make it right for you!

WW2

Reaction score
Your a good guy.......I would probably end up in jail after my visit to the dealer after finding that.....They just dont give a ****, PERIOD !!!! Thats why I only go to dealer if I have no other choice...The minimum wage flunkies doing oil changes will NEVER touch my truck !!! Sorry for the rant... Like I said, you are a GOOD GUY !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread