5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer dented my truck

Kob0583

Reaction score
Dealer had it two weeks for the front clunk noise. Noise is still there and they have me two dents in the side of the bed.
6687e95528251650fe0caa95d9a94339.jpg

Not the best picture but there are two right on the seem below the rail. Going back Monday to see if they will own and fix their mistake. I know they are minor but still not acceptable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definetly don't consider those minor but chances of them owning up to it is slim to none. Hopefully they do right thing for you.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer had it two weeks for the front clunk noise. Noise is still there and they have me two dents in the side of the bed.

Not the best picture but there are two right on the seem below the rail. Going back Monday to see if they will own and fix their mistake. I know they are minor but still not acceptable in my opinion.

You drove it home with those dents???? Or did you notice them after you got home?

evanxrs

Reaction score
Not minor at all. Believe it or not that like $3500 CAD to fix..m

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Kob0583

Reaction score
You drove it home with those dents???? Or did you notice them after you got home?

I don’t notice them tell I got home, left the dealer and didn’t see them tell I got out of the truck. It was with them for over two weeks.

Kob0583

Reaction score
Not minor at all. Believe it or not that like $3500 CAD to fix..m

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Wow I didn’t think it would be that bad, guess I’m in for a fight with them then.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t notice them tell I got home, left the dealer and didn’t see them tell I got out of the truck. It was with them for over two weeks.

Hate to say it...but good luck getting them to admit to it since you already took it home. Sorry man, still worth trying though.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks dude. If they don't take care of it, see what a PDR (paintless dent repair) guy can do. Its amazing sometimes what their magical powers are capable of.

Also, not foolproof, but investing a dash cam may help, if your state allows it. It may have been able to record them causing the dents, and then you have video evidence.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always walk the truck before you leave, it’s also a good idea to take a few pictures of the truck when you drop it off and make sure its time stamped. I know it’s asking a lot out of folks to be honest if they mess up but sadly whoever did it probably won’t fess up to it or else they would of mentioned it when it happened so the dealer could make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as a licensed adjuster, I can agree with Evan, that dent is about $2000-$2500 (US),if it went through insurance, maybe a little less if paying out of pocket,(1500 or so). And it's not something a dent-wizard could probably do. I edited this response to say that the more I look at the picture, the more I'm leaning on thinking a Dent-Wizard might be able to bring that out. They go in through the tail lamp opening, and just might be able to to it. Give it a try. i would rather have that done, than a re-spray.

Swicago

Reaction score
That sucks! Good luck getting them to fess up. The first ding is not so bad, but the second one has a crease and those are nearly impossible to get out clean. A body shop would probably find it easier to replace the entire panel, than try to get that dent out.

Texas_Ram

Reaction score

That sucks, but can be repaired with PDR. Dealers usually have their PDR guy that they use for their lot cars. Definitely tell them to try Paintless Dent Repair before painting. Painting should be the last option.

Im a Paintless Dent Repair Tech, 8+year.

Kob0583

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I still can’t believe I didn’t notice it tell I got home. Literally drove straight home and soon as I got out I saw it right away. Still kicking myself for not seeing it before I left. I will find out tomorrow though if they fix it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I still can’t believe I didn’t notice it tell I got home. Literally drove straight home and soon as I got out I saw it right away. Still kicking myself for not seeing it before I left. I will find out tomorrow though if they fix it.

Hopefully they take responsibility, but regardless, as mentioned, find a good PDR person first, avoid repainting unless no other choice. I've seen those guys take out dings I didn't think possible 100%.

nburd

Reaction score
I learned the hard way to. Take photos all around when you drop it off (we all have phones) and the same when you pick it up. Then delete them when Ok. Do that especially when getting a windshield replaced. Finally, that dent looks PDR doable as long as the paint is not broken. You will never know it was there when they are done.

Kob0583

Reaction score
They asked me to come back tomorrow and said they will fix it so for now I’m happy with that, see after it’s done tomorrow they are doing a PDR. They take pictures of the vehicles at check in, they either couldn’t find my photos or could see any dents because once they figured it out they came back with an appointment time to get it corrected.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to mention a lot of dealers now use iPads to check vehicles in and they also take pictures around the vehicle for issues like it. Not that they do that in the interest of the customer though. Glad they are going to fix it.

nburd

Reaction score
Good news. I love the "we could not find your check in photos", that's admitting fault right there. It's only going to cost them a few hundred and you will have a perfect repair with no filler and a respectable opinion of the dealer in the end. I am amazed at PDR. I want to learn how to do it myself. Being from Maine, it's really expensive as only a few folks do it. That would cost me $700-900 in Maine by PDR. You are probably in a more metropolitan area where it is commonplace and experts do the work.

Users who are viewing this thread