5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Damage

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nobody is saying he should take it up the @ss regarding his truck and just accept what the dealer gives him. The dealer is accepting responsibility for that damage and agreed they will fix it or deal with him on a new truck. When I say deal I mean figure out cost he may assume if he decides to take that particular deal. As I've stated multiple times, if it was my truck I would not want it back because that's an awful lot of damage. I would deal with them to see what they will do to get me into the new truck. I certainly wouldnt expect them to give me a new one without some sort of out of pocket expense considering it would be a year or two newer. The dealer is giving him options. It's up to both parties involved to agree on the terms

My attack wasn't directed at anyone specific in here, however, I said what I said and I stand by all of it. Anyone can take it or leave it how they like.

None of it makes any difference other than for debate.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
My attack wasn't directed at anyone specific in here, however, I said what I said and I stand by all of it. Anyone can take it or leave it how they like.

None of it makes any difference other than for debate.
Cool story

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they were a good dealer like MD they'd already be offering to go above and beyond to make it right, hopefully OPs dealer does the same.
Mark Dodge is exactly who I'd be calling up, right after I talked to my insurance company.

Bob.

Reaction score
So this has never happened to me before and looking for some advice. Took my 2021 Ram 1500 limited to the Dealer Service Center to have two recalls done on it. Got a call from them telling me that the car wash guy wrecked my front end when he "got distracted" or "panicked" and rear-ended another owner's Ram 3500. They explained the situation that evening when we met showed me the Truck and the CCTV Video. They are taking full responsibility of the incident and are getting it repaired. However, I explained I am more concerned about the resale issue I am gonna have and what they plan to do to make me whole on this deal. They are offering to put me into 2022, however, I am feeling that they are trying to get me to pay a hefty difference. In my view, I should not have to pay a dime out of my pocket if they want to go this route. I purchased my 2021 Ram Limited in Dec 2020 and a 2022 Ram Limited today is at least 10grand more. Not my issue. In my view, the dealer needs to be prepared to take the loss in this situation. What do you all think?
If I was you, get the best possible price on another truck, Trade it away! You will be second guessing every little noise or creek for months after....

wsutard1

Reaction score
Damit, I got notifications a post was added to this thread. I thought it might be the OP updating up. Instead it’s more bickering.
1646544863544.jpeg

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark Dodge is exactly who I'd be calling up, right after I talked to my insurance company.

Likewise

Well that one was a doozy lol

Lol trust me, a million more where that came from! Such as people using doozy to describe something, comparing it to the grandeur of a Duesenberg. I like to end on a high note though, so thank you and goodnight!
giphy.gif

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this has never happened to me before and looking for some advice. Took my 2021 Ram 1500 limited to the Dealer Service Center to have two recalls done on it. Got a call from them telling me that the car wash guy wrecked my front end when he "got distracted" or "panicked" and rear-ended another owner's Ram 3500. They explained the situation that evening when we met showed me the Truck and the CCTV Video. They are taking full responsibility of the incident and are getting it repaired. However, I explained I am more concerned about the resale issue I am gonna have and what they plan to do to make me whole on this deal. They are offering to put me into 2022, however, I am feeling that they are trying to get me to pay a hefty difference. In my view, I should not have to pay a dime out of my pocket if they want to go this route. I purchased my 2021 Ram Limited in Dec 2020 and a 2022 Ram Limited today is at least 10grand more. Not my issue. In my view, the dealer needs to be prepared to take the loss in this situation. What do you all think?
Although this was not your fault, you have driven the 21 for a good amount of time and that is worth something. I would say meet them in the middle and that would be fair! So if the difference is $10,000 , you give them your 21 and $5,000. Like I said I know it’s not your fault this happened. However they have admitted it’s there fault and are trying to do the right thing👍🏻 Keep in mind your gaining a year and starting with 0 miles witch to me is well worth all of $5,000. Just my opinion, that’s the deal I would offer them! Good luck in whatever you and them decided, sorry this happened to you and if you get a new truck, enjoy it😁 I believe there are also a few updates from 21?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want a '22 then get an order into mark dodge or whoever, get your truck "fixed" trade it in and get a quote for what the value is with and without the accident or damage. Now you have a concrete actual real world loss because of the accident. Now you demand that value from the dealer and if they balk you sue them.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Trade it before the damages hit the record. See if they will provide you a loaner until the 22 is delivered. That will likely make up the difference.

cleandirt

Reaction score
I hope the op comes back and tells us how the negotiations with the dealership works out, after all the bickering in this thread I would blame him for leaving us hanging. Still, I’d like to know what the dealership is willing to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hope the op comes back and tells us how the negotiations with the dealership works out, after all the bickering in this thread I would blame him for leaving us hanging. Still, I’d like to know what the dealership is willing to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He hasn't been back since the day he posted, so he hasn't seen the 💩 show that this thread turned into.

Users who are viewing this thread