5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Just move 1 fuse from under the steering column and it will change from always on to engine(accessories) only.
Ah. Easy enough. Now the question is...which one lol

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah. Easy enough. Now the question is...which one lol

MarPar

Reaction score
Thank you kindly!

MarPar

Reaction score
10 mins and 1/4 drive ratchet and it's switched! LOVE this forum!!

And sitting on the power running board helped too ;)

Spaz86

Reaction score
2020 Bighorn 1500 with 43K on it.

No warning what so ever ....

a single issue until this morning. Went to remote start, one bro and didn't start. Got in and all the electronics worked fine but battery voltage was at 10.1v, jumped it, ran fine for about 30 min. Engine light was on during drive. 14.3 during the drive without issues.....Went home, shut it off and 20 min later, back at 10.1 v.....

Edit: About 4 hours later I went out and tried it again. First try nothing. Second try, it had some difficulty but cranked up. Battery light came on, parking sensors unavailable, and that battery voltage stayed at 9.6 - 9.7 and would go no higher.

Shut the truck off, and turned it back on, battery shot to 14.3 and was within normal range, everything working, engine light remained.

Gonna try to have the battery replaced first and see what happens. Hopefully it's an easy fix....

EDIT:
Turns out it was in fact just a dead battery. I live in a very hott climate and the battery just failed to last. There's also a second connection on the positive terminal that was loose and causing it to arc between the connection and the terminal. That's possibly what did my battery in.

Last edited:

Redlands Okie

Reaction score
2019 ram diesel, have replaced the batteries a month ago for the third time. The originals lasted about a year and a half, then the same for the dealer installed replacement batteries (2nd pair). 3 year warranty on them, so this last set could be replace again under the 3 year warranty. Heck with that. This time I installed 7 year warranty NAPA batteries, at my expense (3rd pair) Seems the factory batteries are junk.

officerbeaudry

Reaction score
Just ran across this thread, but a year ago, my 2021 Bighorn battery went dead. Turned out I had my radar detector plugged in to the 12 Volt outlet on the dash, and the outlet was configured for always on. Since changed to engine on only. I was just surprised as to how quickly (a couple of days) that the radar detector ran the battery down.
LarryK - I believe mine is having the same issue with my dashcam, I would have figured they would have the 12v dash outlet on engine only, but how did you get that changed?

officerbeaudry

Reaction score
It is just the two screws, but there are 4 retainer clips that are a bit tight, when you pull it off just be careful for the little toner/sounder that's in that panel, I ripped my wire cover off of that when I pulled the clips off, it's behind the venting on the right side of the panel so just be careful when pulling the right side off

Cuervo66

Reaction score
2020 Rebel, 5.7, 33,000 miles.

No Warning. Thought remote ignition failed.

Truck started in the morning, wouldn't start at lunch.

Battery had 10V when tested, alternator charging at 14.0 -14.5.

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
21 Limited eTorque With 9,000 miles (and air suspension). The battery died a couple of weeks ago so I put it on a charger and all was good until yesterday. While my truck was at the detailers, I got an email from Ram saying my truck has a “Powertrain malfunction indicator light”. The detailer had the doors open for about 1-1/2 hours & the battery died so they jumped it. I suspect that is the cause of the code, but will bring it to dealer on Monday to verify. No check engine light or other warning lights at all.

I’m seriously considering just buying a new battery to avoid getting stuck somewhere.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
21 Limited eTorque With 9,000 miles (and air suspension). The battery died a couple of weeks ago so I put it on a charger and all was good until yesterday. While my truck was at the detailers, I got an email from Ram saying my truck has a “Powertrain malfunction indicator light”. The detailer had the doors open for about 1-1/2 hours & the battery died so they jumped it. I suspect that is the cause of the code, but will bring it to dealer on Monday to verify. No check engine light or other warning lights at all.

I’m seriously considering just buying a new battery to avoid getting stuck somewhere.
That's what I did about 30000 miles ago and no problems since.

bogeyman

Reaction score
Question for all, once battery was replaced, did anyone's battery die again?
Any issues with parasitic draw aside from the rear camera discussed above?

Many thanks

Wtray

Reaction score
Question for all, once battery was replaced, did anyone's battery die again?
Any issues with parasitic draw aside from the rear camera discussed above?

Many thanks
Mine did a month ago. I have had an H8 interstate battery in it for about a year now. Zero issues till I walked out and nothing... dead after sitting for two days. No idea why, was able to jump start it in the driveway, alternator showed charging, battery charged right up. no issue since. No idea why?

Farmhandz

Reaction score
I’ve had my ‘19 Laramie for 7 months now and have never bothered to inspect the battery… read this thread last night and decided to pop the hood this morning and see what I got…
It’s been a harsh winter and my truck is parked outside facing straight into the NW wind. We’ve had wind chills down to -50 deg f for days on end and about 8 ft of snow. It was parked the whole of December, did a 1000 mile round trip mid January and it’s been parked since. Battery still good.
Hooked up the battery charger just now and it showed 12V, the cluster as well.
My truck’s build date is 10/18

Attachments

• 6BF1BCA2-19CD-4A76-BF8A-47B73878D4C8.jpeg
    6BF1BCA2-19CD-4A76-BF8A-47B73878D4C8.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 363E6399-8655-444C-BE65-89BEB36E49F1.jpeg
    363E6399-8655-444C-BE65-89BEB36E49F1.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread