5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back from dealer.
New battery was install. Still Dash and center back console usb's turn on in a loop when fob is nearby, atleast that seems to be the case. Not sure if this would be enought to drain the battery. Getting a faraday box for the fob
20220830_214750.jpg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back from dealer.
New battery was install. Still Dash and center back console usb's turn on in a loop when fob is nearby, atleast that seems to be the case. Not sure if this would be enought to drain the battery. Getting a faraday box for the fob
View attachment 138249
dont worry you'll learn the hard way

ktl5005

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited. 32k miles. Walked out after work yesterday and nothing. Enough power for interior lights but just click under the hood and pops in the speakers. Dash lit up like a christmas tree. Dad came, Ram sucked up his battery charger, wouldn't start, so then had to use jumper cables and got it running and home. Left it on a tender overnight. Took it to Autozone, tested it, bad battery. Wouldn't hold a charge, and nothing in reserve. Replaced with a Duralast Platinum AGM (more CCA, more A in general) and good to go. Now, dash is still lit up, ACC not available, trailer brake unavailable, ABS and traction control MIL on, parking sensors light on above switch, and dash says unavailable, etc Engine MIL is gone though. Guess I am getting an OBD2 scanner to pull it and clear it and hopefully all MIL lights go out and get all functions back.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.😡
Did they just put some crap batteries in or is this a defect caused by eTorque? Never seen this in any other previous Generation before eTorque was added. Has a cause for batteries dying well before normal life ever been confirmed?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.😡
Did they just put some crap batteries in or is this a defect caused by eTorque? Never seen this in any other previous Generation before eTorque was added. Has a cause for batteries dying well before normal life ever been confirmed?

My '19 had eTorque (and air suspension and all the other electronic doodads). The original battery lasted something like 70K miles.

Batteries are a crapshoot. They might have gone with a lower quality supplier for 5th gen trucks. I don't know. That's what warranties are for. If a stock battery outlasts the factory warranty, then I figure anything I get past that is gravy.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is ridiculous.😡
nothing officially confirm from FCA but - apparently by the numbers not enough % for FCA to investigate - I also was wondering yesterday if it had something to do with the etorque vs a standard alternator but it just cross my mind and don't know enough to make an educated guess or statement on it
#1 reason just - worthless batteries
# 2 suspect parasitic draw yet unconfirm - and only but 1 or 2 rare cases where they change the start up button or something else

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here we, hoping this is a fluke but maybe it was more than a dead battery.
2 days after dealer replace the battery on my drive from work to home
Dash, 12 " screen and light under steering column all started to flicker

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here we, hoping this is a fluke but maybe it was more than a dead battery.
2 days after dealer replace the battery on my drive from work to home
Dash, 12 " screen and light under steering column all started to flicker
Looks like the dimmer for the dash

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like it but it just started doing it out of now where mid way during my drive and never when away until i turn off the truck.
No flickering today.
Was thinking maybe the potentiometer wheel for the dimmer is going bad.

ktl5005

Reaction score
3 days later in new battery and engine MIL is gone but anything controlled in the BCM is still lit up. No parking sensors, adaptive cruise, abs, traction, etc

Guess it’s time for the obd2 reader to clear it

Users who are viewing this thread