5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
They normally have the install date on them somewhere.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is crazy.😲Whatever happened to getting over 5 years out of a battery? In the good ole’ days 7 years seemed like the average time to replace.

I haven’t bought a new battery for over 25 years since I buy a new truck every 3-5 years and I live in a far northern climate with temps well below zero often. Never once was even a concern. It’s ridiculous so many our replacing batteries in less than 3 years. This absolutely should be covered under warranty no questions asked.😡

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is crazy.😲Whatever happened to getting over 5 years out of a battery? In the good ole’ days 7 years seemed like the average time to replace.

I haven’t bought a new battery for over 25 years since I buy a new truck every 3-5 years and I live in a far northern climate with temps well below zero often. Never once was even a concern. It’s ridiculous so many our replacing batteries in less than 3 years. This absolutely should be covered under warranty no questions asked.😡
yea the battery is cover 3years/36k
called 1st dealer, they want me to town the truck. I said its gonna be tricky or not possible. They said called Chrysler town service and see what they say.
I called a second dealer who put me on hold for 20 minutes and was told they would call me back, not happening so far
I could try to jump the car but I would rather have better documentation. Some times I heard this batteries test fine but are really done for
This is me and why I think the tow truck will refuse to try and pull it out. very narrow in and around.
So if the tow truck is able to jump start the truck atleast there will be documentation of service require
cartport entrance.jpg inside cartport.jpg alley entrance.jpg

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I didn't read every single post on all the threads but enough to guess that there is no real solution or finding that points to what's causing the issue
And its just a battery replacement thru dealer/warranty or purchase a better one on your own,
Or I am missing something
Not missing a thing. Mine died couple of years ago, so just went out and bought a good one. Problem solved. No issues since.😁

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
yea the battery is cover 3years/36k
called 1st dealer, they want me to town the truck. I said its gonna be tricky or not possible. They said called Chrysler town service and see what they say.
I called a second dealer who put me on hold for 20 minutes and was told they would call me back, not happening so far
I could try to jump the car but I would rather have better documentation. Some times I heard this batteries test fine but are really done for
This is me and why I think the tow truck will refuse to try and pull it out. very narrow in and around.
So if the tow truck is able to jump start the truck atleast there will be documentation of service require
View attachment 137742 View attachment 137743 View attachment 137744
get new battery
keep old battery
save receipt
drive truck to dealer with old battery and receipt for reimbursement
file claim

FourByBud

Reaction score
4 months and almost 8,000mi. Dead as a door nail. Tested at 3.65v. Charged overnight and nothing. Took battery to my awesome dealership, they tested and confirmed it was smoked. Came home with new AGM battery. All better. And I am now charging in the 13.7-14.4v range. Was always in the mid 12v's before.🤷‍♂️

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4 months and almost 8,000mi. Dead as a door nail. Tested at 3.65v. Charged overnight and nothing. Took battery to my awesome dealership, they tested and confirmed it was smoked. Came home with new AGM battery. All better. And I am now charging in the 13.7-14.4v range. Was always in the mid 12v's before.🤷‍♂️
where is this awesome dealer, two locations on my end want the truck to inspect as to why its dead, I guess they have not seen enough of my cases around here

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
My truck failed to start twice in the past week due to low voltage. The first time was in the driveway so I was able to charge it back up. The second time was today in the Kroger's parking lot. Our very next stop was Advance Auto but apparently she just couldn't wait one more stop.

The first time it sat for a few days but the second it fired up without issue, drove 20 miles into town, sat for 20 minutes and then didn't have the juice to crank again. It's been cranking slower the last few months so it was already suspect.

Dealer didn't have any stock plus I was over the 3yr/36k mile warranty so I opted for a Diehard Platinum AGM replacent for $251.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday was couch potato day for me so decided to play by dealers rules.
Called chrysler tow service 9am, they finally showep up at 12:56 pm. Wanted to enjoy the rest of my day so manage to stay calm. They were able jump truck, i drove it to the dealer, by the time i got there the dash was starting to dim and even flicker. Cluster read 12.7 v.
Had already taken the battery to autozone to confirm it was done for, same opinion from the tow service. Even the service manager didn't want me to turn off the truck the entire time they were checking me in.
Yet they still want to keep the truck for a couple of days.
Got a secondary vehicle so decided not to make a big deal out of it.
They did made a comment about the pillar lights and light bar, however those have been unistall for several weeks. Haven't made up my mind if i want to get a trigger controller or auxbeam controller

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to add, i did mentioned to the guy checking me in that a few days ago i noticed the center dash cluster was staying on but wouldn't know if that was happening often. Guy was more insterested on the pillar lights. Wonder if he even wrote my comment

DJ33

Reaction score
Since some of our forum members are reporting issues with dead batteries.

Let's see if we can narrow down which truck configurations are reporting the most issues:

If you have had a dead battery in your truck since purchasing a 2019-2021 RAM Truck.
2019 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins wouldnt start for church this morning. Got it tested and driver side battery no good. Assume there will be no support from fca so I will be replacing both in the morning.

Gipraw

Reaction score
you seem to have it

cause no poster has come back and said I got a new battery and a few days/months later the same thing happened.

I have. Post #181. Haven’t had an additional issue since then, but it occurred about 3 weeks after replacing the original battery.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins wouldnt start for church this morning. Got it tested and driver side battery no good. Assume there will be no support from fca so I will be replacing both in the morning.
Battery has the same 3year/36k warranty, unless its different on a 2500

Gipraw

Reaction score
who replaced the battery and with what?

did you ever get it fixed?

one out of hundreds of posts

I replaced the original with a Duralast H8. Didn’t feel like messing with the dealer. its only happened once since I replaced the factory battery, although there have been a couple of weak starts.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
who replaced the battery and with what?

did you ever get it fixed?

one out of hundreds of posts
True, i found only 2 cases in which the dealer did change push button start on one truck. And the other i can't remember what was the culprit.
I am suppose to hear back on mine tomorrow.
I overheard from one of the dealer advisers that these batteries average life is 2 years max in many cases

Users who are viewing this thread