5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check all that apply to your Trucks Build Sheet

• eTorque

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • AGM Battery

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Lead Acid Battery

Votes: 132 52.8%
  • non eTorque

Votes: 102 40.8%

• Total voters

Gipraw

Reaction score
My truck is sitting in the driveway this morning totally dead. Battery was replaced three weeks ago. I am starting to get a little irritated. 14 months old and 4,300 miles on it.

Gipraw

Reaction score
Battery voltage was 1.4 volts. Goes from driving home fine to 1.4 volts the next day. It has to be something not shutting off.

bpwj76

Reaction score
Battery voltage was 1.4 volts. Goes from driving home fine to 1.4 volts the next day. It has to be something not shutting off.
Yeah, sounds like something is staying hot all the time. Something with a big draw too.

My grandmother had a 2008 Avalon that kept going dead about every other week. They finally pinned it down, after months of investigating, to the auto-dimming rear view mirror. It was always on for some reason.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
After you guys have replaced your battery, how long does it take for all the "systems" to update and the fault lights to go out? I replaced my battery on Sunday and as of this morning, only the reverse camera has returned. Right now I still have no cruise control, stability, park sensors, trailer brake, ABS, and the check engine light is still on. Truck drives just fine. Thanks!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After you guys have replaced your battery, how long does it take for all the "systems" to update and the fault lights to go out? I replaced my battery on Sunday and as of this morning, only the reverse camera has returned. Right now I still have no cruise control, stability, park sensors, trailer brake, ABS, and the check engine light is still on. Truck drives just fine. Thanks!

When I replaced mine recently, I put the new one in at lunch time. By 5 in the afternoon, all the errors were gone and everything in my UConnect was back to normal.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
When I replaced mine recently, I put the new one in at lunch time. By 5 in the afternoon, all the errors were gone and everything in my UConnect was back to normal.

Thanks, Mine is still showing all the fault lights. I'm going to try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so this weekend to see if it will reset.

2019Beast

Reaction score
So I hadn't had any issues with my ram since the very beginning of ownership. I've had the original battery that all of a sudden just went out. I went to start my truck and heard a pop sound when I went to start it. Everything went dark, no power to the screen, no power to the instruments. Then it came back on, but didn't recognize the key fob, so I grabbed the other one and it wouldn't even turn over. The yellow (P!) Light was showing up when I tried to turn it over. Tried to jump the battery and still nothing, after a few minutes I got a click but then everything inside started flickering. I ended up pulling out the battery and have it tested. They couldn't get a voltage reading at all and it was causing the reader to do some weird ****. I ended up getting the amg battery and putting that in. It gave me the same issue for just a second, then started right up. Everything came up and didn't look like anything needed to be reloaded as I had heard from other owners who's battery went out.

Wtray

Reaction score
Add me to the list of dead Mopar battery. 2021 EcoDiesel. Great one day, sat for two days then battery read 4.5volts. attempted to jump using other vehicle and could not jump it. Went to Costco, bought interstate H8 battery. Truck started right up, lots of warnings and lights across the dash. Shut it off for a couple hours, less warnings, but still check engine light and alternator not charging. Used my I-dash to clear my codes, cleared check engine light, alternator started charging again at 14volts, everything came back to normal in about 3 hours. This was pretty irritating that the battery just died. No more mopar battery for me after reading this thread.

MarkB57

Reaction score
I've had 2 dead battery incidents since I bought my 2020 1500 Limited 5.7L Hemi w/ E-TORQUE. The first time it only had a few hundred miles on it so I jumped it and took it back to a dealer. They found nothing wrong with it. The second incident was a few days ago with 13K miles. It had sat in the driveway for 4 days (not unusual). I jumped it and let it run for a while. Battery seemed ok after that (it would restart) but continued to get the barrage of system service required messages. I disconnected the negative battery cable for 20 minutes. Once reconnected, all of the error indications had gone away and everything seemed to work properly except that the check engine light was on. I drove it for about 10 miles, turned it off and back on and the check engine light went out. I suspect some system has something that "sticks" providing the drain on the battery but I have no idea which system it could be or how to determine which system it is causing the very infrequent but troublesome issue.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I've had 2 dead battery incidents since I bought my 2020 1500 Limited 5.7L Hemi w/ E-TORQUE. The first time it only had a few hundred miles on it so I jumped it and took it back to a dealer. They found nothing wrong with it. The second incident was a few days ago with 13K miles. It had sat in the driveway for 4 days (not unusual). I jumped it and let it run for a while. Battery seemed ok after that (it would restart) but continued to get the barrage of system service required messages. I disconnected the negative battery cable for 20 minutes. Once reconnected, all of the error indications had gone away and everything seemed to work properly except that the check engine light was on. I drove it for about 10 miles, turned it off and back on and the check engine light went out. I suspect some system has something that "sticks" providing the drain on the battery but I have no idea which system it could be or how to determine which system it is causing the very infrequent but troublesome issue.
driving it does not charge it enough when low
you might want to put a charger on it or get a battery tender

jljbtm

Reaction score
Mine just died the other day (65000)miles 2019 Ram No warning of any kind and dead as a door nail and it would not accept a charge. ($172)

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Gonna go out on a limb and say this probably has something to do with the air suspension.

bodeybuilt

Reaction score
Okay.. just read all the posts here. I am having the same problems, but only after rain. It rained yesterday, didn't drive the truck, the battery died again, 5 time now. Read about wiring harness problems for rambox... not sure how to diagnose. 2019 Laramie Longhorn 100k miles.
So where are the fixes for all these problems? No one posting much on how they corrected problems. BTW, my nav is now going crazy saying im 500 miles away, after one of the last outages and loud pops when trying to start.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I didn't read every single post on all the threads but enough to guess that there is no real solution or finding that points to what's causing the issue
And its just a battery replacement thru dealer/warranty or purchase a better one on your own,
Or I am missing something

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
so I didn't read every single post on all the threads but enough to guess that there is no real solution or finding that points to what's causing the issue
And its just a battery replacement thru dealer/warranty or purchase a better one on your own,
Or I am missing something
you seem to have it

cause no poster has come back and said I got a new battery and a few days/months later the same thing happened.

Sportznut

Reaction score
It's been 7 months since I replaced my battery and I haven't had any issues.

1. My air suspension might be draining? Is 7 months long enough to tell?
2. H8 seems to be a good replacement for the crappy OEM.
3. I don't leave my phone cords plugged in any longer.
4. I've only put about 3,000 mi on in the last 7 months. The truck sits for 2 or 3 days at a time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread